Audio Overhaul is out, 11 gb

+
Didn't see it posted in any of the thread titles, so this Nexus mod adjusts sound volumes so a sound is not too low when multiple sounds are playing. Like allowing talking to be heard clearly enough while music is playing. And the 11 gb is gb not mb.

Does this also fix the issue with the radio and TV voices for story dialog being low? This started happening since 1.06 with me.

exxxed

Forum veteran
Does this also fix the issue with the radio and TV voices for story dialog being low? This started happening since 1.06 with me.

Nah, all he did, which is admirable in it's own right, is to remix some audio files that he thought were unbalanced in their volume, like certain songs or combat music and sound effects.

I was looking for a similar fix as I sometimes have that exact issue you're having, so far the only fix is to change the audio mixing in the menu from Studio Reference to Boost High or any of the other and restart the game .

DC9V

Forum veteran
Didn't try it yet but like exxxed said It's probably mostly adjustements of volume, which is considered as balancing, not as mixing. (Although it's the first thing you do when mixing audio.)

The description of the mod starts with "Long story short, the game has poor (no) audio mix" and I highly disagree on that. The mix on every single audio file, especially the music, is very well done. I've never encountered boomy or peaking frequencies.

exxxed

Forum veteran
Didn't try it yet but like exxxed said It's probably mostly adjustements of volume, which is considered as balancing, not as mixing. (Although it's the first thing you do when mixing audio.)

The description of the mod starts with "Long story short, the game has poor (no) audio mix" and I highly disagree on that. The mix on every single audio file, especially the music, is very well done. I've never encountered boomy or peaking frequencies.

Same, I have no issues with the overall audio quality my only problem is that I have both a 7.1 surround sounds system with an external sound card and a 7.1 surround sound pair of headphones with, you guessed it, an external sound card and I have problems with both when it comes to the sound positioned directly behind the character.

Not all of it, just the radios and the dialogue sounds are nigh inaudible when right behind the player.

Switching to stereo mode doesn't do anything unfortunately, but the sound quality itself, especially Studio Reference is fantastic, I'd say mindblowing at times.

Top Bottom