audio pop/ stuttering issue.

+
Thanks for merging the threads @devivre

I'm glad a few more people have noticed the issue and I hope all that do will take the time to submit a proper bug report as I have done. I know CDPR won't let us down so long as they're aware of the issue.

Yes, please! To all on this thread that are experiencing the issue, send it into CDPR. I really have no idea what would cause it.

As far as I know, work is still being done to support the remaining issues on PS4 and Xbox (limited to issues introduced by the 4K / HDR update, I believe). This audio-popping thing could very well be related to something that was done during the updates, so keep the reports coming.

Looking at this realistically, though, I think it's something extremely obscure that has something to do with other hardware or maybe data corruption with some of the sound files. Either way, systematic exclusion of things step-by-step is the way to go. I'd still like to know what make / model of TV and/or speakers everyone is using. Again, finding a commonality is step one to tackling this.

I'm not having a audio pop issue, my issue is that when i have a "follower', often times when i'm just a few paces in front of them, i won't hear what they are saying like they are "muffled".

But if i keep the same distance, and quickly turn around and face them, i will be able to hear the dialogue loud and clear. Is this intended or a bug?

PS4 pro user.

Yes, please! To all on this thread that are experiencing the issue, send it into CDPR. I really have no idea what would cause it.
I've send my ticket. I've been playing W3 on my PS4/PRO for the last 3 years. This audio popping issue starts recently, when CDPR roll out HDR patch for PS4 PRO. Hope they fix it, because I love this game.

Thanks for sending in the reports! This is a weird one. If anyone else is experiencing this, keep the Support tickets coming!

I've made an account just to post in this thread. I experienced the same issue a month ago when trying to start a new game. I was going crazy because I was certain it was on my end, but eventually realized it wasn't. I found a few posts on Reddit and GameFAQs mentioning the issue but not much else, so I'm glad to see this problem is starting to get recognized.

The last time I played before experiencing the audio pop was May/June of 2017 and I'm certain the issue wasn't present then, so I figured a patch since then was causing the problem. The only other thing that changed for me since then was that I switched from a regular PS4 to a slim PS4. Then I started wondering (since I have the standard digital version) if playing the unpatched Complete Edition (which starts at patch 1.30) would get around the problem, but a user on GameFAQs told me he tried that and the issue was still present. That really baffled me.

It's an incredibly distracting noise at seemingly random intervals, so whenever a character is speaking I'm just bracing for the next time the audio pops. It really put me off of playing the game, so hopefully this is something that can be solved.

It is strange that someone still had the issue on 1.30. That was around the time of my last complete playthrough and I certainly never noticed it then. At any rate I'm glad this is gaining some traction. Keep the bug reports coming guys. CDPR will sort it

Has anyone gotten a reply yet on the ticket from this? I really hope they are looking into this. It's not gamebreaking but it was def not around as bad as it is now. I think there was always a minor pop there but the pro patches def made it worse.

Has anyone gotten a reply yet on the ticket from this? I really hope they are looking into this. It's not gamebreaking but it was def not around as bad as it is now. I think there was always a minor pop there but the pro patches def made it worse.

No... This audio bug is pretty random, because it's hard to predict, when it once again occurs...For me it's gamebreaking bug. Only ps4 pro users have this issue. Strange :(

playing the normal PS4 not the Pro and i have also the problem with the audio bug. Its not only a PS4 Pro issue.

Certainly not a PS4 Pro only issue. I have it on regular PS4. Still no word as to weather this is being addressed yet though 😣

Certainly not a PS4 Pro only issue. I have it on regular PS4. Still no word as to weather this is being addressed yet though 😣
Did you recently resubmit the ticket? CDPR commented on my other post saying that technical difficulties prevented them from receiving new tickets for our issues

Did you recently resubmit the ticket? CDPR commented on my other post saying that technical difficulties prevented them from receiving new tickets for our issues
Oh that's interesting. I submitted my ticket some time back in May. Perhaps I should try submitting another

Hello. I have a standart ps4 and the complete edition and i have this problem yet.

Someone have a solution or workaround ?

I'm also experiencing this bug. Perhaps it is too late to be hopeful for a fix, but the audio glitches really do mar the quality of the experience.

The only suggestion I can think of is changing the sound settings of your PS4 console (you can find the settings under "sound and screen"). Perhaps the game works better with different PS4 sound settings? Unfortunately, I can't test that myself, because I only have the game on PC.

I don't know if and when there's going to be another patch but the best thing to do is still writing to support:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...n-4/sp-technical/issue/655/contact-to-support

Top Bottom