Audio stutter due to CPU load?

+
Audio stutter due to CPU load?

Hey guys,

I have an Alienware 15 R1 laptop (yes yes, I know) and on medium-high settings the game runs fine and is completely playable with no abnormal framerate drops. However, occasionally the audio will stutter and appears to skip frames, if that makes sense. After monitoring CPU usage using Afterburner I found out that the audio stutter seems to happen alongside a spike in CPU usage, taking it from around 85% to 100%. The framerate doesn't visibly skip or stutter at all when this happens, it's just the audio, and it's really annoying.

Specs:

Intel Core i7-4710HQ @ 2.50GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970m

Alienware 15 motherboard

16GB RAM

Oh, and if it matters, it's running on an HDD not an SSD.

I can't upgrade to a desktop or a better laptop any time soon, so am I just screwed? The audio stutter is really distracting, and makes it pretty difficult to play. Any suggestions?

When did your audio stutter ? I have the same problem with the audio, but only in the menus (options/maps/quest/items/reading things). It's really distracting and annoying too :/

1.) Try disabling the "ASUS Sonic Radar" or "[WhateverCompany] Sound Tracker" app if you have one installed.

2.) Lower your audio sample rate to 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality). Unless you're using studio-grade mixing equipment...you won't hear any difference.

Post back with any results!

Worked for me too ! Thanks a lot ! <3
*See the handshake SigilFey present to the lips* You seem to favor le baisemain ? :3

Top Bottom