Audio Stuttering/Distortion

+
Sound Stutter Issue

Hi!

I really want to get into this game, but roughly once every 15 minutes some piece of dialog (in-game or cutscene) has a terrible digital stutter that happens. It usually lasts roughly 10 seconds and then straightens itself out. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is this something that will require another patch?

Thanks for an amazing game, and for supporting it!

I have been getting this exact thing since day 1 hopefully they will finally get around to fixing this im waiting for the patch before i continue playing. I have contacted support they said they would let them know but that was months ago and still nothing

Hi AngryGoku,

I have the game installed on an external drive, and I saw in the other thread that you do as well. Maybe they need that information? I'm shocked that there are so few of us having the issue (seemingly) on the forum - just trying to find a commonality so that we can help expedite a fix.

I just started playing The Witcher 3 on Xbox One and I am also experiencing this rather annoying issue. I also have my games installed on a USB 3 external hard drive. Hopefully whatever is causing this issue can be patched soon.

Looks like (very anecdotally) that the external storage thing might need to be inspected by the CDPR folks. Let's try to keep bumping this topic in anticipation for whatever the next patch is. (Also looking forward to seeing if the NXOE helps with USB3 speeds).

Yeah, I'm like 80 hours in now. I would be enjoying the game much more if it weren't for that super annoying audio stutter. Hopefully the fix will be in the next patch due out soon.

I am experiencing audio stuttering during fight and cutscenes it makes the game unplayable!

Attachments

• DxDiag3.txt
    106.7 KB · Views: 112
Here‘s an existing thread you might want to check out:

Maybe the solution there can help you as well.

Has there still not been any fixes for this issue? I know this thread is really old but I've been having this problem too, ever since I started playing the game.

Hello!
I've been having this weird issue where my game would run smoothly graphics-wise, but would be absolutely horrific audio-wise. The audio would stutter and crackle after around 5 minutes of smooth gameplay, and everything (from ambiance noise, background music, to voices) would be affected. This happens especially when I go into combat, or when it's very windy/rainy. Sometimes the dialogue doesn't even sync with the characters' mouth movements because of the stutters, so the dialogue cuts short before finishing. I've tried almost every method I could find, such as updating/reinstalling drivers, resetting my BIOS to default settings, changing my sound settings and turning enhancements off, changing my Nvidia Control Panel settings to prioritize performance over battery life, uninstalling/reinstalling the game, and so on. But I haven't had any luck.

For more information, my computer is a new Windows 10 HP Envy laptop, and runs the game on a Intel i7-8565U CPU, with 16 GB RAM. It has an Intel UHD Graphics 620 (integrated) and a Nvidia Geforce Mx250. I know, not the best, but I have my graphics settings on low and as stated, the game runs perfectly fine graphics-wise, especially since I adjusted the settings for the game to use the Nvidia gpu specifically instead of the Intel UHD. My CPU temperature while running the game is around 60-70 degrees celsius, which is generally fine, from what I know?

I would really really appreciate it if I could get some help with this issue!

Threads merged.

As there are a flux of these reports recently, this is most likely a result of audio drivers not working correctly with the game. Please, remember that when posting technical issues to always include your PC specs. (Finding commonalities is step 1 of tracking down a bug.)

1.) Best off-the-cuff attempt to troubleshoot this is to roll back your Nvidia / AMD Drivers. Use a utility like Display Driver Uninstaller, completely wipe all of the associated Nvidia / AMD software, then reinstall the older version.

2.) Mods. If you're using any mods, or if you've ever used any in the past, be sure to identify that as part of your report. (I really don't think that's the root of this issue, but that doesn't mean it's not.)

3.) Please specify what version of Windows you're using. Windows Updates have been known to throw API's (like DriectX) for a loop, sometimes.

4.) How did you install your game? If GOG, are you using Galaxy 2.0?

Threads merged.

As there are a flux of these reports recently, this is most likely a result of audio drivers not working correctly with the game. Please, remember that when posting technical issues to always include your PC specs. (Finding commonalities is step 1 of tracking down a bug.)

1.) Best off-the-cuff attempt to troubleshoot this is to roll back your Nvidia / AMD Drivers. Use a utility like Display Driver Uninstaller, completely wipe all of the associated Nvidia / AMD software, then reinstall the older version.

2.) Mods. If you're using any mods, or if you've ever used any in the past, be sure to identify that as part of your report. (I really don't think that's the root of this issue, but that doesn't mean it's not.)

3.) Please specify what version of Windows you're using. Windows Updates have been known to throw API's (like DriectX) for a loop, sometimes.

4.) How did you install your game? If GOG, are you using Galaxy 2.0?

My specs are:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620. Nvidia Geforce MX250
Hard Drive: 1TB SSD

Just tried using the Driver Easy application to update some of my drivers again, but the audio problem sadly persists. I will try to roll back my Nvidia drivers, however.

EDIT: Missed the last question, but I downloaded the game through Steam, and launch it through it as well.
EDIT2: Tried rolling back the Nvidia drivers after wiping them from my computer like what was suggested, but the audio issue is still unresolved, unfortunately. If anyone else could suggest ways to help, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom