Augmented Reality Navigation

+
One problem I have with the game is the minimap GPS. I look over at it every 2 seconds and still miss turns a lot. It also really distracts me from the amazing visuals of the city. What I would like to see is digital turning arrows pop up on the road when needed. Something like Saints Row. Something else that's cool about it is it's totally cyber punk! This is the perfect game for this system!

Here's a quick and very dirty visual example with a custom marker and the quest marker navigators:
arn.png

They have one for the races. You even get a chip inserted so you can see the race path on the road. It's something they could totally implement.

Volkswagen and Mercedes have actually introduced AR navigation in their vehicles already, in real life. It's technology we have available today and somehow they don't even have the more basic navigation features in a world where you can have a commercial flight to moon.

Omg please no, the last thing we need are more hudiconstuff all over the screen we cant switch off. Would this not even more distract you from the amazing visuals of the city?
Why not look once at the map for a few seconds and just memorize the turns you have to take.

No front, iam just a little upset about the huddesign in general. Your right, if this is your playstyle, there should be an option in a game that is all about cybermodification, "need for speed augmentation"

Check the corners of the mini-map, a turn is somewhat indicated by a tiny yellow arrow that's just outside the boundaries of the mini-map frame. I think the bottom line is that a) the cars can't turn that fast given the control scheme and sensitivities out of the box, and b) slow down, don't commit moving violations and you'll stay off NCPD radar. :)

Not surprisingly, the bikes are the best way to get around if you really must drive - you can slow down fast enough and they're agile enough to take corners (with first person POV) that you could almost be on top of the turn and still make it.

At the very least I think the minimap should be a bit larger (or can be zoomed in/out) to help us find interesting stuff nearby without always checking our bigger map

Omg please no, the last thing we need are more hudiconstuff all over the screen we cant switch off. Would this not even more distract you from the amazing visuals of the city?
Why not look once at the map for a few seconds and just memorize the turns you have to take.

No front, iam just a little upset about the huddesign in general. Your right, if this is your playstyle, there should be an option in a game that is all about cybermodification, "need for speed augmentation"

Why do you assume this feature couldn't be turned off like all those other HUD elements?

Because you cant turn of all hudelements.
The questicon cant turn off.
Enemy health bars cant turn off

Well, I guess the game is absolutely ruined then and we shouldn't give any suggestions on these forums. You must be great at parties.

Everybody loves me, but thats not the point, beside that, glad you get it. This ruins the immersion of many players. My augmentated cyberpunk would kill the surgery doctor if he forget the switch off function for hudview

I did my first race an the the driving line would be just fine for this. The checkpoints might be too much for normal use but I think only the driving line would be good enough. All that would need to be added is color for the white and blue lines.

It would have to be optional.

Not only does it not make sense from a gameplay perspective to expect people to just study the map, it doesn't make sense for detailed on board navigation to not be available nearly a century after it's widespread use.

Great idea! Looking at the minimap every 3 seconds is one of the things that takes me out enjoying driving through the world the most. Driving should be a momento do enjoy the look of NC. PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!!

Top Bottom