August Season has started

+

The August Season has begun and brings a brand new Seasonal Mode!

In "Order in all things", at the start of the match, players' decks will be sorted from highest to lowest provision!

Patchnotes: Link

Seasonal Modes:

Plus One 09.08 - 16.08

Whenever you play a unit, spawn a 1-power copy of it at the end of its row.

Trial of the Grasses 16.08 - 23.08

Whenever a unit appears on the board, damage it by 2 then boost it by 4. If it's a Witcher, the damage is not dealt.

Order in all things 23.08 - 30.08

At the start of the match, sort players' deck from highest to lowest provision.

Banished 30.08 - 06.09

After mulligan Banish both players decks. Whenever a card appears in any deck, banish it.

This season is planned to end on September 6th, 10:00 A.M. CEST.

I just wanted to express appreciation for the new seasonal modes these past two months. Seasonal has always been an opportunity to see the games played differently — and at least until broken meta decks emerge — the new one looks very interesting.

Looks like someone beat me too it. I too wish to thank you CDPR for the new seasonal mode. I hope you will continue developing these. I love these creative deckbuilding challenges and I spent all morning cooking up three decks for the new seasonal.

It is very much appreciated. Cheers.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've been playing the new seasonal lately. I have only used one deck...
New Seasonal Winrate.jpg

There were 3 other wins previously, that wouldnt fit the screenshot. And two more i just got, after this screenie was taken.

Its not about inflating the ego, it's reassuring that whenever something new - like this game mode - is released where players have to rely on their deckbuilding and piloting to win because there's still no information online about it, its on these short moments when someone is finally able to feel like their skill is rewarded, especially since there's no draw RNG in this mode and you can more easily stick to a general gameplan.

In case someone's wondering what deck im using, its very similar to my 'Neutral perfection' deck i shared in the deck of the day thread, earlier this year.
Post automatically merged:

PS - i've actually faced a few NG Mill opponents on this seasonal mode. :oops:
How dumb do you need to be, or absolutely in love with mill decks, to drive a person to use mill in a mode where all the best cards are 100% guaranteed to already be in the opponent's hand R1, so the mill will never "highroll" like it often does in ranked modes and its what encourage toxic mill players to use it even if its subpar.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Let me guess, Onslaught ? Fun and interactive
No, Onslaught is very strong but very restrictive, you need to pack a lot of pirates and ships to get extra value. I used Reckless Flurry, which is still very strong, but very versatile, fits almost any deck, that way i can include any weird cards.

But you're right in assuming i ran a control deck, its the only way you feel you're prepared to deal with anything the opponent can throw at you.

This is a tip for everyone interested in this seasonal mode: Hen Gaidth Sword.
Basically its biggest downsides are removed for this mode - you missed it in early rounds AND your opponent didnt play expensive units worth stealing early.
It does play low tempo the first time you play it, but if your deck is well built, you can definitely catch up quickly, and its unlikely there will be graveyard hate in the opponents hand in R1 to punish it.

Last edited:
Witchers-Mentors of the cat school should have 6 provisions. This is too strong, in the middle round up to 30 stats, in the long round up to 50. You can see for yourself on the stream from Moshcraft, the official partner of Gwent, in his ST deck with Nekker this card does huge stats from nothing

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry i haven't posted any decks of the day lately, i have been playing little, and that little is all in the new seasonal mode, 'Order in all things'.
And i DID plan to post a deck for that mode, but by the time i got the chance to post it (today), it was less than 24h before the mode cycles out, so it wouldnt feel right :shrug:

Instead i will just share here some highlights i had, and thus, also give a glimpse on what decks i used for this mode.

Screenshot_20220823-141214_Gwent.jpg

This is the 'unbeatable' deck... I tested it, and pushed a little more, but it just wouldn't lose... :ohstopit:
Reached the 20 mark on my winstreak, i think it broke my previous consecutive wins record with a deck.
Note: the messenger of the sea isnt mine, but with Muzzle, Shupe and Hen Gaidth Sword i could basically seize any enemy unit i wanted.

Screenshot_20220826-191950_Gwent.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-193808_Gwent.jpg

This is the ST Harmony deck i used. Its optimization was far from perfect, but i knew i wanted to use Saskia Commander without the classic "bronze movement trio", and it got the job done (i had a positive winrate), although it was probably the least successful of my decks this mode (well, of the decks i am sharing now, at least).

Screenshot_20220827-232444_Gwent.jpg

I wasnt the biggest fan of firesworn but this Renfri Firesworn deck turned me over. It had a very solid gameplan:
R1 use Fallen Knights, leader, Runemage (spawns!), Renfri, Helveed for a great amount of points. Then push R2 most times (like Renfri decks like to do), with Hemmelfart to bring those fallen knights back and combo them with Lt. Von Herst, for another solid engine overload + swarm.

Screenshot_20220829-202356_Gwent.jpg

The last deck was SK again, but with a total focus on hyperthinning (so i had huge pointslams R1) and setting up carryover.
Most opponents thought i was desperate to win R1 with such commitment, but in truth i just wanted to thin, and often tempo passed R1 at 7, making my opponents struggle to catch up, and anyone wanting to bleed me R2, had to deal with my carryover.

Anyway, why do i wanted to thin so much? So i could use magic compass below 3 cards, and with Alyssa + arcane tome, go for double Gedy scenario in R3!
(screenshot: if my opponent only had a scorch... but he was golden nekker, i was safe :ok:)
Post automatically merged:

BONUS: IGNI TIME!

Screenshot_20220827-232950_Gwent.jpg

Gotta love those Ignis where you dont even need to set up anything, your opponent does it for you!
Even better when its dealing with 3 very dangerous threats at the same time. :oops:

Screenshot_20220828-000237_Gwent.jpg

So much beauty in this screenshot... From the synergy of selfeaters with fallen knights, to the perfectly calculated (RNG) 3dmg i did to the rat catcheress, so next turn it would line up with SWK, and with the bounty, filled up my purse :cool:

Screenshot_20220828-003030_Gwent.jpg

Another perfectly calculated Igni, 5x5, product from another lucky option of Walter Veritas, and also giving me bounty, so extra coins!

Last edited:
Top Bottom