auto-aim "bug" / issue and improvement

+
I have wondered recently, why the aiming mechanism when you place a card, somewhat randomly aim at something. I don't get what the logic behind it is, and looking at how it works without knowing the logic behind it, I think it should change.

Why?

Because sometimes your "damage units" initially aim at your units. This is a bit weird and contradictory to how you would think it should be. Granted, there is self damage in the game, but this hardly justifies aiming at your own units, ever and certainly not by default. Unless perhaps it is a self damage unit.

I would like to see more logic and consistency in the way "aiming" is done in the game, and think it would improve things and create less room for accidents. Sure, it should be possible to aim at own units etcs, but I am talking about the default first placement/choice aim. It would be nice if this aim is always logically pointed at where it is most likely to go. So, a boosting artifact should by default point at one of your own units, not the opposition, and a damage pointer should naturally point at your enemy by default, not yourself.

I can imagine this issue is far more relevant for playstation and xbox than it is for PC. On PS4 which I play, this can actually be an issue. Sometimes if there are many units, it points automatically at your own unit in the corner, and you have to move it around many times before getting to the right place. This is a worst case scenario ofcourse, and a best case scenario would be if the aim is at the enemy front row in the middle for damage units, and friendly front row for boosting etc. This way it is always the shortest possible way to navigate to the correct place that you want to damage or boost or whatever it is. The way the PS4 game works and the controller etc, it is fully possible to accidentally "execute" while moving the cursor. This can be very awkward if it happens.

In other cases, having the auto-aim consistently in the best place helps alot in those cases where there is also a question of time involved. Playing multiple cards or something that takes a long time. This can be tricky if the aim is all over the place, not consistent and not logical.

Furthermore, I don't know if this is valid, but if you play a unit from your opponents deck, it would be nice if that also points in a logical place. Sometimes it is not always possible to know what the card does, and it would be nice if the default aim option is correct. Maybe this is intentional, just like not giving a description of what the card you fetch is. But if it is not, it would help if the aim was correct in these situations, knowing or knowing not what the card does, in both cases.

Top Bottom