Auto Hide HUD

+
There will be an option to show/hide the HUD/minimap using a single button in the upcoming patch!

But this is not true. This feature is missing in 1.10.
It does not really inspire confidence when devs promise something that does not materialize.

But this is not true. This feature is missing in 1.10.
It does not really inspire confidence when devs promise something that does not materialize.

The show/hide HUD option is only available on PC, and it's under the "home" button by default. We won't be able to add this for PS4 and XBOX ONE users due to controller limitations.

We apologize for the confusion!

The show/hide HUD option is only available on PC, and it's under the "home" button by default.
Sorry, but none of my keyboard buttons hide\show HUD (even Home). I do not even see this option in key-binding menu.
And, by the way, how can we see missing Gwent cards? :)

Last edited:
The show/hide HUD option is only available on PC, and it's under the "home" button by default. We won't be able to add this for PS4 and XBOX ONE users due to controller limitations.

I've pressed Home in-game and it did not hide my hud. Currently there appears to be no hide hud option. Did you forget to include it in the patch??
There is nothing in the key bindings about hiding the hud.

Nope, it doesn't work. And there isn't even a sign of it nor in ini/xml/config files not in scripts. Unless it's hard-coded in c++ ... :) But it doesn't work anyway.

Ps4 user here and Controller Limitations? here you go:

R3+L3,
R3 Double Press
Left side of the touch pad = toggle map, right side of the touch pad = open menu (devil may cry 4 has this feature and it works perfectly)
Hold Witcher Senses + (any key)
Hold L3
Hold R3

Hell, even L2+R2 would work...

Ps4 user here and Controller Limitations? here you go:

R3+L3,
R3 Double Press
Left side of the touch pad = toggle map, right side of the touch pad = open menu (devil may cry 4 has this and it works perfectly)
Hold Witcher Senses + (any key)
Hold L3
Hold R3

Hell, even L2+R2 would work...

The only thing that would work is a key that don't do anything else.

Assuming this feature was not correctly implemented in 1.10 (since I already have Home bound to something which as of now works correctly), will this key be hard-coded to Home when it is finalized?

Or will we be able to re-map the function to a key we desire?

Thanks.

this is really confusing . with home button are you reffering to controller home button ? so a xbox controller on pc can use the feature , but a xbox controller on console cant ? is that what it means ? in any case why isnt this feature available for keyboard ??? very confusing indeed ... its no problem for pc users since they can simpyl mod this feature .. but still

Last edited:

Interesting! Thanks for clarifying. This is indeed confusing because the key mapping is not documented anywhere. Neither is there an option to re-map this key? Will this be added?

Nope, "Home" button on the keyboard doesn't work. So? There is no such option in the menu, so maybe it's just not implemented.

I clarified everything and this option will be available in the upcoming patch - my bad!:eredinfacepalm:

Sorry!
Which will be available in a few days... or rather weeks or moths? I know you can't say when exactly it will be out but just if it is very soon or rather weeks away.

Top Bottom