Auto Hide HUD

+
I just looked for it too; there is no HUD auto-hide toggle option. You can still turn off almost all the HUD in the main menu but to get rid of the 'press E' and talk bubbles you need a mod. I hope they still work with 1.10.

Last edited:
WTF? Am I missing something here....??? I'm playing with the new patch on XB1 for now, and there is no option to hide my hud/minimap with a single toggle/button press. Where is it REDS? lol.. :) I'll see if it works on my PS4 after the patch is done.

---------- Updated at 06:46 PM ----------

WTF? Am I missing something here....??? I'm playing with the new patch on XB1 for now, and there is no option to hide my hud/minimap with a single toggle/button press. Where is it REDS? lol.. :) I'll see if it works on my PS4 after the patch is done.
Ugh.. I still see those damn talk bubbles and button icons, I see you moved the button icon image over the talk bubble image, but I need the option to hide it. But hey, I don't notice that minor horse stutter anymore.. so when might you guys patch in these other options, as well? Anyways...Thanks for still trying to make this game even better over time, means a lot to us fellow gamers who are still playing it.

The Toggle Hud key is not available on PC version either. Installed both 1.10 and the hotfix and still nothing. Looked at gameplay options, key scheme etc. and there is nothing. There is also no Gwent Difficulty option either. Something is weird.

The Toggle Hud key is not available on PC version either. Installed both 1.10 and the hotfix and still nothing. Looked at gameplay options, key scheme etc. and there is nothing. There is also no Gwent Difficulty option either. Something is weird.

Gwent difficulty is under 'gameplay' in the options menu. Don't see an option to toggle HUD though.

Damn it, all they have to do is.... PROGRAM THE LEFT STICK TO BRING UP HUD, OR HIDE IT. Right??? E.g First we go to our Hud options, then we activate their new friendly hud option, then while we play, we can CLICK THE LEFT STICK ONCE, and it will bring up all the hud elements that we have chosen to be on, or off in the options menu. Can't devs do that for consoles..? It's such a bitch, to go turn off, and on the mini map, and healthbar/medalion every 5 mins. CAN WE ALL AGREE ON THIS PLEASE? I know horse call is 2 fast clicks on left stick, but can't they just program 1 click to hide/show hud? I have click left stick twice slowly and the horse won't come unless we click 2 times fast, I don't make games, but why can't they add that to the same stick? Will it not work? I mean, Right stick would be better, but I guess some gamers use that stick to cycle through their active quests, or they use it to lock on in combat, I never use those options, they are pointless. A quick hide/show hud option is way more useful and way more important in this game. wth guys? I can't be the only one who wants this. :)

Yea, the patch notes said they would have a new option to toggle HUD but it is not there. I even tried to press all the keys on the keyboard to see if they forgot to include the documentation in the options menu, but nothing...Maybe they had intended to put it in, but forgot, lol...

---------- Updated at 06:46 PM ----------

Ugh.. I still see those damn talk bubbles and button icons, I see you moved the button icon image over the talk bubble image, but I need the option to hide it. But hey, I don't notice that minor horse stutter anymore.. so when might you guys patch in these other options, as well? Anyways...Thanks for still trying to make this game even better over time, means a lot to us fellow gamers who are still playing it.

U can hide dialog boxes by turning off subtitles in options. Its what i did and it helps woth immersion. I use headphones and can hear thing clearly l so i dont need subtitles or npc boxes. Hope that helps you ;)

I think he's talking about the E toTalk interactive icons above the characters heads, not dialogue or even NPC Chatter which is also optional.

Auto-hide sounds like a great idea. I've only know of Immersive Hud, but will be interested to see if auto-hide becomes a thing. Will have to try that out for sure.

I was so happy when i saw that HUD toggle will be in game finally and now i am so sad because it isn't :( CDPR crushed my dreams.
Haha.. Me too.. what a bummer, I so wanted this option before HoS comes out!! Oh.. well.. maybe they will
patch it in, and the option(s) to turn off talk bubbles/prompt button icons before B&W comes out!?! Fingers Crossed ;)

Where is the HUD toggle that was promised in 1.10???

Dear CDPR,

I fail to find the HUD toggle key that is clearly listed in the changelog for 1.10:

http://i.imgur.com/9QV4WEW.jpg

It was also confirmed by one of the CDPR devs:

http://i.imgur.com/Nyveavt.jpg

Could someone please let us know what the deal with this is? Why is this feature missing?
Also, how many other changes listed in the changelog didn't actually get implemented, and are these missing changes going to be added soon via a hotfix?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom