Auto Hide HUD

+
"I clarified everything and this option will be available in the upcoming patch - my bad!:eredinfacepalm:

Sorry!"

For the PS4 you can swipe up on the touch pad to bring up the map......what about swiping down to show the HUD and then swipe down again to take it away? Not sure on the xbox one but I would love for this to happen for consoles. Also, can we please have the ability to read signs from horseback....? I heard a rumor of camera options coming is this true?

The funny thing is, on PC you don't really even need it.

1 Simple Mod and you can run the whole game with no HUD. Map every module to a key.

Console is where you need this feature...

And when you toggle HUD off, if you start a conversation with any NPC, the command prompts for conversation does not show up as well so you will have to press a number by chance. Am I the only one here?

And when you toggle HUD off, if you start a conversation with any NPC, the command prompts for conversation does not show up as well so you will have to press a number by chance. Am I the only one here?
This is the bug with new HUD toggle. They made it so radial menu is not allowed when HUD is off, but seems that they forgot about dialogs.

Having the HUD toggle problem with dialogue as well. For screenshot purposes, it should indeed hide the dialogue options, but right now you can't toggle it on or off during cutscenes.

Plus I think there's no reason to disable the radial menu when the HUD is off. They kept the loot windows visible, so why not the menu? It would make combat with the HUD off far more feasible.

Still, HUD toggle is IMMENSELY welcome. Besides being good for screenshots, it also gives the game a much more immersive feel. Thanks to CDPR for adding that.

Console photo mode - screen capturing

I think it might be nice if some sort of photo mode could be added to the game . Maybe it's enough adding in the video menu an option that close the hud. now in fact, to take screenshot I have to manually turn off all the elements and it takes a lot of time.

I truly believe the Auto Hide button they added in 1.10 was originally intended to be for all platforms, but something prevented them from being able to make it work on the consoles.

It makes no sense to to design the function for PC only, as mods have already been enabling this for months. Perhaps they are still working on it.

Yes! It should work a-ok now :)
Yes! Thank you guys... :) Now we all can hide the hud whenever we want, no more floating talk bubbles and button image prompts to be found on anyone, or anything anymore. Holy Crap, You guys... you even hid the herbs, the horse mount and ignite prompts, I can almost shut the fuck up now...lol Again, thank you so much, you guys really went all the way.. this time, you hid it all. This is great and everything and it's something I have really wanted since before this game even came out, BUT.. you guys hid the text too.. is this a joke? LOL.. e.g When we go and try to talk to a merchant, etc.. now we can no longer see what option of text to choose from. That sucks! Also... I would love to just hide my hud, or bring it up into view, with just a single button press and click. I'm playing on my PS4 and I love this new option, it is way better than not having it at all. It is more simple and it does take less time, then us having to pause, and turn off/on, each and every hud element everytime we pause. Like I said, this new option is great, because it fucking hides everything...!! BUT, We still need to see the yellow and white text options in the cutscenses.. you dorks!! Please fix that.. :) and is there ever going to be a way, for you guys to ever map this new hid active hud option, to just a single button press/click in the near future?

Last edited:
Small update, it's not possible to map the "Hide HUD" key to a controller button from the Witcher settings.

However, it works with third party apps. I've bound "Hold down right thumb stick button for 0.3 seconds" to the Home button using the Xpadder program. Holding down right thumb stick is perfect for this as it's not used anywhere else in the game. Works perfect!

Funny thing is since Patch 1.11 :D is:
In the keyboard layout there is now a new function called "Hide HUD" with a padlock icon next to it which means this is one of the keys not configurable by user.
And the funny thing is - the new config line says "Hide HUD - empty" which means there is no key bound to it and I too cannot bind one to it...
Hahaha.
There must be some file editable with Notepad++ to manually bind a key to hide the HUD because ingame that`s impossible to do.

Patch 1.11, is the new auto hide hud option bugged?

I'm playing on ps4, but when I tried the new..hide active hud option... it was perfect, up until... I try and talk to merchants, because the text is now missing in all the dialog cutscenes. Not only that, but the quick access sign wheel no longer works now when this option is turned on, wtf? How the hell are we supposed to see and change or signs while in combat if they are no longer there? It would be perfect, if it was not for those two little bugs, I think CDPR fucked up, ooops :)

Funny thing is since Patch 1.11 :D is:
In the keyboard layout there is now a new function called "Hide HUD" with a padlock icon next to it which means this is one of the keys not configurable by user.
And the funny thing is - the new config line says "Hide HUD - empty" which means there is no key bound to it and I too cannot bind one to it...
Hahaha.
There must be some file editable with Notepad++ to manually bind a key to hide the HUD because ingame that`s impossible to do.

Yea, like @Roccogrb said, you can unlock those padlock'ed key binds.

I remapped it to another key, as I was already using Home for something. Was an easy fix once unlocked on the main keymapping screen.

Also, make sure your input.settings file isn't on Read Only when you go to change things. I forget to do this sometimes.

Devs.. can you guys please patch and fix what I'm talking about on consoles? Or at least add these new options to the on/off Hud list? Let us turn off all those button prompts for.. talk bubbles,herbs,loot, etc.. etc. still, but let us also still be able to see the dialog choices in our cutscenses with text, then we can still bring up our minimap when ever we want, and our quick access sign menu will still work. Since, you said.. there is no way to map the on/off hud elements that we want to see, or not see.. with just one on/off button press, on consoles. Or just scrap the new option.. or fix it, or... just add another one, on top of the already long list of ON/OFF HUD options. Maybe label it, All Intreraction Buttons, or Prompts. ON........OFF. Idk.. :)

Top Bottom