Auto save system for PC in the Witcher 3

+
Auto save system for PC in the Witcher 3

Now that I've been replaying the Witcher 2 in anticipation of the Witcher 3, I'm reminded of how annoying the auto save system is. Instead of using two or three auto save slots and just overwriting the older ones, the Witcher 2 creates a new auto save every single time. So by the time you're done with the game, you have dozens of saves on your HDD/SSD! It's not a big deal, but I just find that approach cumbersome and unnecessary especially in light of the fact that you can manually save whenever you want.

So does anyone know whether the Witcher 3 will have the same auto save mechanic as the Witcher 2, or will it be like most other games and reserve two or three save slots for auto saves and overwrite as necessary?

I'm hoping it's the latter..

Good question, I won't be bothered by it as long as we can turn it off, like in W2. Always preferred manual saving in every game.

So does anyone know whether the Witcher 3 will have the same auto save mechanic as the Witcher 2, or will it be like most other games and reserve two or three save slots for auto saves and overwrite as necessary?

Earlier this month, we had this official reply to our concerns over the save system:

We have changed save system since TW2 - autosaves have slots (so they get overwritten, instead of filling your disk space), so does quicksave. You can overwrite/delete manually saved games from save game panel.

Last edited:
Well that solves it then, thanks! :)

It's a good thing they changed it, as it was extremely annoying to have your save folder become that cluttered.

Top Bottom