Automatic Love quest bug

+
Issue: Woodman automatically turns hostile once I enter his office

I arrived at his door in a sneaky way, didn't engage in combat throughout my stay at the brothel, only took out the lone guard in the toilet and the control/security room guy non-lethally. When I open Woodman's door he gets up from his chair, "detects" me, as if I got spotted by a regular enemy in hostile area, sometimes says sometging about the place being off limits to the clients and before I get any dialogue options he attacks. The objective "Head to Woodman's office" is then completed, "Interrogate Woodman" initiates and fails the same moment and I'm left with "Defeat Woodman".
automatic_love_bug_cp2077.png
Is there a fix to this? Did I do something wrong?

yes, I would try doing it again. Maybe it's a minor thing that made the interrogation impossible. Maybe you were spotted shortly before getting to Woodman? Sometimes stealth is easily messed up without even realizing it.

If nothing works, you can report it here:
(you didn't mention what you are playing on - on this website the same article can be found for consoles as well)

But it sounds like something that can be fixed by trying again.

PC/GOG version
The problem disappeared after loading a bit older save file, i didn't take out the control room guy just in case so if anyone got the same issue - this might be the way to go

Issue: Woodman automatically turns hostile once I enter his office

I arrived at his door in a sneaky way, didn't engage in combat throughout my stay at the brothel, only took out the lone guard in the toilet and the control/security room guy non-lethally. When I open Woodman's door he gets up from his chair, "detects" me, as if I got spotted by a regular enemy in hostile area, sometimes says sometging about the place being off limits to the clients and before I get any dialogue options he attacks. The objective "Head to Woodman's office" is then completed, "Interrogate Woodman" initiates and fails the same moment and I'm left with "Defeat Woodman".View attachment 11090912 Is there a fix to this? Did I do something wrong?

Had this same bug. At some point, you got detected. The first time I did it the issue was I entered the VIP area without an authorized card. While it didn't trigger a full alert, it bugged out the rest of the rooms and caused Woodman to fight me immediately.

Replayed the mission and got into the VIP area by an "approved" method and it worked. Just another bug.

Seems like it's just a random activation of combat. I killed the Adept in the Men's Room and KO'd the control room tech too, and dialogue with Woodman was successful.

Even after patch 1.04 was getting the same issue. Even checked the files.
I tried the following play through without opening the door to the left of the bathrooms (using tech or force).
All OK now. Was able to get the leave Clouds options and then whet back to all the rooms to get the rest of the loot.

SOLUTION: KUDOS to u/Grayko for the info. Original post here. Strike through what I did not do at first and in green what I did.

Automatic Love was completely bugged out for me. After finishing my conversation with Woodman, I would be directed into the elevator but not able to leave the area. Turns out ripping the door open by the bathroom in Clouds with Body stat alerts the guards in the room behind it. Makes the entire first floor hostile and prevents you from passing the mission because of that, for some stupid reason.

The solution is to knock the guy out in the bathroom, get the vip chip, hide the body in the hallway, then walk out past the guard and turn left. In a little alcove just beyond the VIP entrance (coming from the backroom, it's on the right and before if you're coming from the Joytoy rooms), there's a window you can open. Climb out onto the catwalk and you enter the next room, bypassing the door that alerts the guards. With the VIP card, get in the VIP area and meat Tom. After go meat Woodman. Play the rest of the mission normally and it should work. I've been dealing with a ton of crashes, but this the first truly game breaking issue I've had.

Also make sure you go to Parker's room and look at the port in order to talk about the net runner with Woodman in order to pass the convo without drawing a gun or spending credits.

Top Bottom