AVX problem, hotfix?? V1.3

+
Uhh.. well, there's some days I can't play the game and I don't have anything to do, because that AVX bug from past patches always keep crashing my game! My doubt is: Will be there a fix for it soon, or a mod? Or I cannot play the game anymore?

Am I the only person with this?

Reverted to 1.23. hope they implement an optional fix soon. That way people can choose whether they want to disable avx or not, if they arent able to apply a hardware check in the code.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
We released a hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077 on PC. It removes the use of AVX instruction set from the game executable which prevents crashes that occurred on older processors not supporting AVX. Game version is not changed by this hotfix and remains 1.3.

We released a hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077 on PC. It removes the use of AVX instruction set from the game executable which prevents crashes that occurred on older processors not supporting AVX. Game version is not changed by this hotfix and remains 1.3.

How much of a difference does the instruction set make for CPUs that does support it?

Maybe you should change the recommended system requirements for the game if you don't feel like testing patches on that hardware...

Game version is not changed by this hotfix and remains 1.3.
This is not how you should do software development. Why don't you bump the version to 1.31? Is it that important you have parity with consoles?

Last edited:
This is not how you should do software development. Why don't you bump the version to 1.31? Is it that important you have parity with consoles?
The "informational version number" given to customers & end users does not have to match the technical version number of the actual software. In fact it doesn't need to even closely correlate. Internally CP2077 could easily be version 6.36.19854 for all we know or care.

I was about to advocate for SemVer but I realised that it doesn't really apply to games software. A games app as a whole doesn't really declare a public API against which backwards-compatibility could be measured. Not unless we're referring to the API provided for mod support. But, then you might find that the game versions start going crazy really quickly, in ways that wouldn't make any sense to non-developers.

Like "Why did we go from 7.4.2 to 8.0.0, for a really minor release?" - well if you break backwards compatibility with mod support, SemVer would demand you bump to 8.0.0, no matter how small of a change you shipped. So - yeah - not worth the trouble. Web browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox) version themselves this way though, which is why we're currently at Chrome version 93.x.

TL;DR: If they're not using SemVer, developers can give their app whatever version numbers they want :LOL:

The "informational version number" given to customers & end users does not have to match the technical version number of the actual software. In fact it doesn't need to even closely correlate. Internally CP2077 could easily be version 6.36.19854 for all we know or care.

I was about to advocate for SemVer but I realised that it doesn't really apply to games software. A games app as a whole doesn't really declare a public API against which backwards-compatibility could be measured. Not unless we're referring to the API provided for mod support. But, then you might find that the game versions start going crazy really quickly, in ways that wouldn't make any sense to non-developers.

Like "Why did we go from 7.4.2 to 8.0.0, for a really minor release?" - well if you break backwards compatibility with mod support, SemVer would demand you bump to 8.0.0, no matter how small of a change you shipped. So - yeah - not worth the trouble. Web browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox) version themselves this way though, which is why we're currently at Chrome version 93.x.

TL;DR: If they're not using SemVer, developers can give their app whatever version numbers they want :LOL:
True, but still a bit odd. Now people can have the conversation, where one says 1.3 doesn't work with AVX while the other says 1.3 does...

True, but still a bit odd. Now people can have the conversation, where one says 1.3 doesn't work with AVX while the other says 1.3 does...
Well, over on GOG (I actually came to the forums just now to see what that auto-installed update was) my version is currently listed as "1.3 AVX".

I need a hotfix for the weapon reload-bug. from time to time any weapon i use will reload very slowly while the rest of the game is running in normal speed.. please do something about this..

I need a hotfix for the weapon reload-bug. from time to time any weapon i use will reload very slowly while the rest of the game is running in normal speed.. please do something about this..
If it's "too" annoying for you, for now, you can reset your perk points and don't re-activate any perk points who increase the reload speed of any weapons. Not ideal, but it work :)
But you can report it to CDPR Support if it's not already done. It's the best way to CDPR to be aware about Bug/Problem ;)

Please don't ask for hotfixes. Not all the things we dislike requires a Hotfix. From my perspective CP2077 has HDR and LOD issues, but I would never demand the devs have to push out a hotfix for this. Things take some time, just be patient...

Top Bottom