Award season isn’t over yet

+
Award season isn’t over yet

We just got the news that Zaklinač 2 got an award wait whats Zaklinač 2? The Witcher 2 in Czech of course! And this is not the only award we got in the last weeks.
The award called Booom for the PC game of 2011 went to The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, based on surveys among best Czech gaming sites and journalists.
This is not the only award The Witcher 2 got in the last days. The Polish players voted The Witcher 2 the best PC title and the best game made in their country, according to a survey made by gry-online.pl.
The full list of awards received by The Witcher 2 is available here. CD Projekt RED is really happy to see, that our hard work is appreciated in so many places. And to think that the Enhanced Edition will be even better

Great!

I hope you get more awards 'cause if any developer deserves it, it is you CDPR!

BTW the Swedish name for the Witcher is: Häxkarlen. :)

legendarchitect said:
Finnish: Noituri

Maybe we should point out that Noituri isn't the sell name of Witcher games? In Finland game names are not translated from English. Some of Wiedźmin books have been translated under Finnish translated title (Noituri).

Nitpicking I know, but thats the way I'm built. No offense ment.

French: Sorceleur

Congrats to CDProjekt! I'm quite happy to hear that the game continues to receive awards. It really deserves them, it's the best RPG I've played in years. I was quite disappointed at the lack of recognition for the game at the major award shows last year (maybe it wasn't mainstream (Skyrim) or Hollywood-ish (Uncharted) enough for them...).

Schmooples said:
Maybe we should point out that Noituri isn't the sell name of Witcher games? In Finland game names are not translated from English. Some of Wiedźmin books have been translated under Finnish translated title (Noituri).
Same in Hungary, the games are sold under the English title, but in the books Geralt is a "Vaják", Dandelion is "Kökörcsin" and so on, because it would've been amateourish to publish books with stuff in them left untranslated (not everybody agrees of course, but I do).

Congrats CDPR! :)

Top Bottom