Awful ending....

+
Awful ending....

Spoiler

I played good throughout, made all the righteous decisions that could be made. Did nearly every side quest and monster quest, stuck with Triss throughout and at the end I'm stuck in the Crones house with drowners and ghouls about to rush in and then credits. That has to be worst ending I've ever experienced in my life. I kept hearing how you can end up with Triss or Yen and everything can be good but nope, I got the worst ending ever and not sure if there is a better one because like I said I played as a good guy throughout. Pretty pissed now.

The ending you get is related to how you handled Ciri and the choices you made with her, depending on your decisions Ciri can either live or die, in your case you handled her poor.

You have to have a snowball fight with her, let her go into the lodge meeting alone and go with her to see skjall, and let her destroy the elfs stuff I forget his name but the sed eill elf

Spoiler

I played good throughout, made all the righteous decisions that could be made. Did nearly every side quest and monster quest, stuck with Triss throughout and at the end I'm stuck in the Crones house with drowners and ghouls about to rush in and then credits. That has to be worst ending I've ever experienced in my life. I kept hearing how you can end up with Triss or Yen and everything can be good but nope, I got the worst ending ever and not sure if there is a better one because like I said I played as a good guy throughout. Pretty pissed now.

If you don't believe in Ciri, she will fail. Simple as that.

If you don't believe in Ciri, she will fail. Simple as that.

Yep. Basically to get this "bad" ending you really have to fail hard when you have to show Ciri that you understand her and know her well (being a good father basically).^^

It's not about that. I first had this ending too. The three bad choices I made were:
1. Telling her to relax. You can't be good at everything. (Which prompted a drinking scene instead of snowball scene) - I felt this was very appropriate for the time as I felt she was putting too much pressure on herself.
2. Going with her to the Sorceresses Lounge. - Why would this be a bad decision? I personally would feel way more comfortable with someone by my side when going into something I knew nothing about.
3. Giving her the necklace instead of destroying stuff. - Why destroy stuff when there was no evidence Avalacc'h was a bad guy?

Yes I did go with her to see Skjall and instead of going to see the emperor, I went straight to Velen.
I changed the second and third decision in another save and got the good ending.

I told her to leave the elf's stuff and went with her to the lodge but I did have the snowball fight, and my ending seemed fairly "good" (she survived, I bought her a sword, we went Witchering together for a while, etc.) It was still a bit of an anti climax after 100+ hours, but hey, it was better than ME3. :)

It's not about that. I first had this ending too. The three bad choices I made were:
1. Telling her to relax. You can't be good at everything. (Which prompted a drinking scene instead of snowball scene) - I felt this was very appropriate for the time as I felt she was putting too much pressure on herself.
2. Going with her to the Sorceresses Lounge. - Why would this be a bad decision? I personally would feel way more comfortable with someone by my side when going into something I knew nothing about.
3. Giving her the necklace instead of destroying stuff. - Why destroy stuff when there was no evidence Avalacc'h was a bad guy?

Yes I did go with her to see Skjall and instead of going to see the emperor, I went straight to Velen.
I changed the second and third decision in another save and got the good ending.

I did exactly the same, but I went with her to the emperor and refused his money. I guess the reason we got the bad ending was that we always supported her in a bad way - I guess Ciri never felt she had done anything on her own, and so she decided to sacrifice herself for the world. Only way I can explain this.

I did exactly the same, but I went with her to the emperor and refused his money. I guess the reason we got the bad ending was that we always supported her in a bad way - I guess Ciri never felt she had done anything on her own, and so she decided to sacrifice herself for the world. Only way I can explain this.
I'm thinking she survives in all endings, even the bad one. She could've just chosen to live in another world instead of going back to Geralt. This leaves open the possiblity of a sequel with Ciri as the protagonist, no matter which ending you got. Pretty sure we can be confident that the devs are going to leave the possibility of a sequel open, especially with how well the game is being received.

Last edited:
I'm thinking she survives in all endings, even the bad one. She could've just chosen to live in another world instead of going back to Geralt. This leaves open the possiblity of a sequel with Ciri as the protagonist, no matter which ending you got. Pretty sure we can be confident that the devs are going to leave the possibility of a sequel open, especially with how well the game is being received.

Could be, I was confused whether she saved the world in the other endings (where she was seen again). But even if she was alive, the ending with the swamp was really sad (seeing Geralt like that)

1 she came to you for advice and you not giving her any advice and just telling her to relax does not help
2 Why would it not be a bad decision for you to keep holding her hand and basically showing her that you don't believe that she can handle things on her own?
3 she was just told some shit things that the guy said about her, she basically said taht you and Yen don't believe in her and was afraid that she would destroy the place like she destroyed kaer Morhen. letting her thrash the place not only let her leash out and release the negativity it also shows that you trust her and her ability to control her rage

Not so sure about what is constituting a bad ending. In mine she became a Witcher with Geralt, and Geralt went off with Yen to live in peace.

Can't imagine her being Empress being a happy ending.

Had the snowball fight.
Went to the lodge meeting with her.
Took her to Skjall's remains, let her punch the skellegers.
Trashed Avallac'h's hideout.

I went with her to the sorceresses, but I still had the good ending. I think you can't make decisions for her but you can go with her.

Besides, when it comes to The Lodge, there were some serious concerns. I told the emperor to eff off before, and (not knowing spoilers) figured he might hire the like of Phil to bring her to him in exchange for power and influence she isn't getting in the North. Magic isn't terribly useful at close quarters, and Geralt being there was a smart idea.

Mekc

Forum regular
Well there are 4 (or 5) choices I think that interfere with Ciri's fate.

If you fail 3 or more - she dies, because she actually does not have the will to return, no GOOD recent memories.

And actually it's quite hard to do that.

1) If you decide to get the poor girl DRUNK instead of playing snowballs - you act strange.

2) If you decide NOT to let her go to Skjall's grave - the guy with whom she wanted to have sex, the one that helped her and was a good friend to her - you act strange.

That's it! So actually these 2 absolutely normal and adequate choices guarantee that Ciri is alive and well!

3) Avallac's hideout - some fun or "calm yourself" sadness.

4) The meeting with the Lodge - either let her go alone, or go together and let her choose herself. But not going there and choosing for her.

5) Agree at once with her plan to find and kill Crones and the Wild Hunt boss

I guess there are other choices also that interfere with the outcome - but these are the most important. And for Ciri to be alive, you just need just 2 adequate choices!

So actually, even without knowing how the Witcher 3 Ending work, it's quite hard to kill Ciri...

Last edited:
I got the good ending. I had a snowball fight with her, I went into the lodge meeting with her, I went with her to see Skjall, didn't destroy Avallac'h's stuff and gave her the necklace of her ancestor Lara Dorren. I also always went with "It's your decision Ciri, no one else can tell you what to do". The most important decision I think I made was to reject the money from the Emperor ("I'm doing this for Ciri"); Ciri then holds Geralt's hand and smiles, and Geralt got a black Zerrikanian horse instead. I figured that generally if she frowns you've screwed up, if she smiles then you're on the right track. She is a grown woman and you're her father, all you can do is support her decisions, you can't tell her what to do, she isn't a child any more. At the portal I went with "Good luck", but I reloaded and tried "Please don't leave me!" but it seems to have had no effect on the ending.

Could you by any chance upload your save at Vesemir's funeral? I would be so happy if you could do it, I just romanced both Triss and Yen by mistake and would like to just have romance Triss :) Thanks!

This.

I'm sure that Avalach said to Ciri how to defeat the White Frost without dying. That was the principal reason that he needs to train her. So, she doesn't die, she simple travel to another world.

Last edited:
Besides, when it comes to The Lodge, there were some serious concerns. I told the emperor to eff off before, and (not knowing spoilers) figured he might hire the like of Phil to bring her to him in exchange for power and influence she isn't getting in the North. Magic isn't terribly useful at close quarters, and Geralt being there was a smart idea.
that was my reason as well, going in there as her bodyguard. My first anwser was something like" hey just see me as a furniture" and I tried to be as passive as possible, an be like" it's Ciri decision, I am just here to have her back" something like this.

I think you might be correct because in the epilogue never said she was dead, all they said was "Ciri is yet to be seen" meaning no one knows her outcome yet. And do you guys really think Geralt went down that easily? In my opinion he survived, I highly doubt he would go so easily without knowing 100% that she's dead. Also The devs said that there will be multiple playable characters in the paid DLC, hopefully someone new who can continue the series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom