Axii needs balancing

+
Axii needs balancing

Axii is quite OP right now for one on one battles. Any enemies which are susceptible to Axii are easy kills.

Step 1: Hit the opponent with Axii
Step 2: Wait for your endurance bar to fill up about 1/2 to 2/3.
Step 3: Attack the enemy with heavy attacks
Step 4: Your endurance bar should be filled up again, so just repeat from step 1

If Step 2 is too slow, just supplement with Tawny Owl.

I've won many fights that would have otherwise been extremely difficult with this tactic.

My only thought here is to make Axii lose its ability to hold the enemy hostage with each additional time it's used on the same enemy. Maybe this would be based on sign intensity. The lower the sign intensity, the quicker this takes effect to the point where it won't even work anymore.

I think a lot of things need balancing. Axii is OP in a lot of fights. Especially against human enemies. But to be fair a lot of things can be considered to strong. Aard for example can sometimes be used to knockdown a skull NPC and instant kill it with one fast attack. Igni stacked with sign intensity can hit like a truck on a lot of enemies. Try this on a Leshen for example and you'll see. Upgraded Yrden and Quen are also equally strong. In short all signs are pretty powerful and can in some cases trivialize certain fights. Axii is just the prime example of this as it works more consistently then others.

Your diminishing return idea is pretty good though. Maybe something like this will be implemented.

Axii is fine as it is. The crowd > Geralt. With Axii casted, Geralt is susceptible to incoming attacks. Then the mob will come running towards Geralt one after another. Even a deserted/bandit that get stunned from Axii will recover after 1-2 hits from Geralt. If you don't have crowd control and your damage don't do enough to the enemies/monsters, you will get killed eventually.

Axii is fine as it is. The crowd > Geralt. With Axii casted, Geralt is susceptible to incoming attacks. Then the mob will come running towards Geralt one after another. Even a deserted/bandit that get stunned from Axii will recover after 1-2 hits from Geralt. If you don't have crowd control and your damage don't do enough to the enemies/monsters, you will get killed eventually.

Well you need to factor in the upgrades for Axii. The first makes it so enemies won't approach while your casting and the second instead of stunning turns these enemies to your side briefly. This effectively breaks up crowds pretty well. And if you really want to cheese you can just avoid everything with dodges (avoiding stamina loss) and keep Axii going until it becomes a 1v1. Just a thought.

Well you need to factor in the upgrades for Axii. The first makes it so enemies won't approach while your casting and the second instead of stunning turns these enemies to your side briefly. This effectively breaks up crowds pretty well. And if you really want to cheese you can just avoid everything with dodges (avoiding stamina loss) and keep Axii going until it becomes a 1v1. Just a thought.

To me i really like the use of stamina for dodge and roll. Currently you can dodge and roll spam indefinitely. And also run away from fights. And also sniping with crossbow and those enemies don't care at all. This is really bad design. I hope they put in stamina for roll and dodge and block.

Pretty much. It's great that people are finding little ways to feel powerful, but that doesn't mean it is OP and needs balancing. The game is fine.

To me i really like the use of stamina for dodge and roll. Currently you can dodge and roll spam indefinitely. And also run away from fights. And also sniping with crossbow and those enemies don't care at all. This is really bad design. I hope they put in stamina for roll and dodge and block.

While rolling and dodging doesn't cost any stamina. If your currently low on stamina and roll to much it does halt the regeneration. Which can hurt sign builds etc. In any case it wouldn't be so bad if this mechanic was introduced. As an toggle option or otherwise.

I think it works just fine as it is. If you find situations where it makes you unbeatable by exploting it, then don't. Or you can enjoy being a Witcher in control of the situation, whatever floats your boat. :)

Top Bottom