Axii not working properly.

+
Rolling a Sign/Combat build but mostly Signs. I have 190% Sign Intensity (and that's without Conductors of Magic in effect), and most of the Sign tree maxed out. But something is off with Axii recently, and I cannot for the life of me figure out if it's just me going crazy or if there is something genuinely wrong with the Alternative mode. I remember using Puppet and the enemy I targeted would slow down to such an extent that he would almost be standing still. Judging by the Standard version, using Axii prevents an enemy from moving toward Geralt. But after starting a new playthrough, I noticed that Axii is not only not preventing the enemy from advancing, it's not even slowing them down to a discernible degree. Has anyone else come across this bug? Is it even a bug? Help?

Hey,
I suggest to check your modlist and/or check enemy type.

Maybe, if it is some ghost, boss or whatever - it might be non-efficient.
In case you have some mods, try to disable them all.

Also, check if your puppet skill is activated (drag-dropped) to the active skills.

Best of luck :)

deleted every mod, verified the game, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The bug is persisting on every one of my saves. At this point I am going to have to delete every save I have and just start over. -_-
I feel like the bug started the second I acquired the dual-cast Axii ability in the Signs tree. I would respect using a potion of Clearance, and the game would still think I had the ability equipped when I used Axii in combat. Which may have something to do with the effect of Axii being completely gimped. The ability even states that 50% of its effectiveness would remain in effect. Just a shame the effect appears to be permanent, with, or without the ability itself.

deleted every mod, verified the game, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The bug is persisting on every one of my saves. At this point I am going to have to delete every save I have and just start over. -_-
I feel like the bug started the second I acquired the dual-cast Axii ability in the Signs tree. I would respect using a potion of Clearance, and the game would still think I had the ability equipped when I used Axii in combat. Which may have something to do with the effect of Axii being completely gimped. The ability even states that 50% of its effectiveness would remain in effect. Just a shame the effect appears to be permanent, with, or without the ability itself.

This seems to be a vanilla issue that crops up from time to time, but I don't think a cause has ever been found. Sometimes, it's a matter of the input device (certain gamepads, especially) not cooperating with the game. It's feasible that other devices, K+M too, might encounter the same type of issue.

I've personally fiddled with it using my K+M, a Logitech gamepad, and an official Xbox 360 gamepad, and I've never been able to create the problem on my end.

Another thing to note is that if you're in an NG+ playthrough, many of the game's mechanics begin breaking down as you reach levels 85+. Rats that can kill you in one hit, enemies that are completely immune to secondary effects, etc. The game was not originally designed to be played at those levels, so there was only so much balancing that could be done. If that's the case, there's nothing for it -- especially if the game has been modded on top of it.

And, of course, the mods. Removing mods can still leave changes in the save-state that cannot be undone. Removing them can leave empty / conflicting reference data that creates issues, actually. The more mods you're using at once, the greater the chance of borking something if you remove or change anything.

How long have you been going on this particular playthrough?

I was level 80-something at the time of posting this thread. So I guess the game really does just fall apart when you reach the 80s. Figures. Ah well. Thanks for the information btw, good to know for possible future playthroughs.

Top Bottom