Azar Javed Boss Fight Takes 40 Minutes Because of Quest Glitch

+
I just defeated Azar Javed in an epic 40 minute boss battle.

Was it really supposed to take this long? I was wondering.

Afterwards, I watched on youtube and I saw that actually Berengar is either supposed to show up at the end to help you, or if you killed him (which I did) it should end Berengar's Secret Quest and tell you that the his medallion can help you defeat Azar Javed.

For some reason, the Berengar's Secret quest never ended and I had no idea about the medallion, and so I ran away from Javed in circles for 40 minutes till I had enough endurance to cast about 100 Igni spells to win.

Berengar's Secret quest notes still says "I found Berengar, I should speak with him", even though I actually killed him at the end of Chapter 4.

Not sure I want to replay earlier parts of the game, but is there a fix for this?

I'm not using MODS, by the way, so not sure what caused this.

Also, is there a way I can still use his medallion anyhow? Not sure what I am supposed to do with his medallion and the videos didn't really show it.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Nobody responding to this, so I tried to post it in the Gameplay Forum and it was deleted.

Can I please have permission to post this somewhere else?

It‘s not supposed to be that long, no. It also depends on how strong Geralt is. In my playthrough (after one or two failed attempts) I drugged Geralt so hard with potions, it slowed down the game and made Azar Javed basically die on his own for whatever reason.

But well, Witcher 1 tends to have smaller and bigger bugs here and there. Often loading an earlier save game helps. Anyhow, there‘s usually not much else you can do about it.

Well assuming that Berengar's Secret Quest hadn't glitched, and assuming Berengar was killed in Chapter 4, what exactly are you supposed to do with Berengar's Medallion? :)

Guest 2081505

Well assuming that Berengar's Secret Quest hadn't glitched, and assuming Berengar was killed in Chapter 4, what exactly are you supposed to do with Berengar's Medallion? :)
Perhaps ignore it? :)

Wahooka, when you asked the same questions in the STEAM-forum I told you that the fight can be done in about a minute, even if you keep Berengar alive:

Do you think Berengar is of great assistance? (Half the time he is unconscious.)
Berengar's Medaillon is the Equivalent to his support if you killed him before. I can't find any stats of this medaillon, but I'm pretty sure that it can't explain the time difference.

Enjoy the New Adventures, Wahooka.

Was all answered so far as I see it.
Yes the fight can be way shorter and with the right potions you can end the fight before Berenegar gets even the first hit.

About the medaillion: This is a call back/homage to a medallion Geralt had in the fifth novel (he got it from Fringilla) it was different from a normal Witcher medaillion and helped him later to defeat Vilgefortz (Javed is more or less a homage/rip-off of Vilgefortz in the game so it fits that you have this kind of new medallion)

And yeah, the Berengar quest fo yours seems bugged.

PS: I'm still angry/sad that Berengar has no role later or is not even mentioned (only the sword quest in Kaer Morhen in TW3): As far as I remember it was not supposed that he can even survive the final battle with Javed.
Well... guess CDPR underestimated the gamers ;)

Top Bottom