B&W "Extreme Cosplay" on death march is just frustrating

+
B&W "Extreme Cosplay" on death march is just frustrating

I actually did this one using the killall command after twenty reloads in 1.21 - and i managed to use the cheatcode by previous typing to execute in time. Just loaded the savegame to check if something chnaged but got smashed in less than two seconds - if youre lucky you manage to roll away and win some time but with all the obstacles in the way...
:threaten:

was the only time i had to use a cheat to win.

BTW the gals were 20 levels below mine

but see yourself: [video]https://streamable.com/3dv7[/video] Va fail in style :))

Seen a flick on youtube how a guy managed to avoid the attacks by rolling but on my end this worked like 1 of 3 attempts as soon i stopped to do anything i was already ash :D

Last edited:
Are you saying the "laser blasts" that come from enemies following the cutscene are unavoidable?

Lol yeah, if you not super super quick, those to elvin female mages will zap you dead fast,

roll quick and upgraded whirl will put all of them in there place chop chop ;)

i had no time to react, as soon you gain control over geralt he was already struck twice - in my video i tried to cast quen.

theres is no timespan for trying anything, if you dont do the right thing in the right span of miliseconds, you die. and you dont see when you gain back control over geralt after the cutscene. guess the fade-time cs->gameplay is about 3 seconds.

i managed to avoid the "laser zaps" few times, but as i said with a chance of 1/3. and due to obstacles rolling fails often. and yet even while rolling they hit me most of the time.

i think if you delay their attack by 500ms or at least enough time to get into the inventory to apply a decotion as there is no way to save right before the rite. the previous checkpoint leads straight into the battle. this is an rpg and geralt doent posses a crystal orb to look in the future. this should be manageable without knowing what you will face.

This sounds like a timing bug. The video also highlights the problem quite clearly. Can you send this in to CDPR Support, with the video link, and a basic explanation that player control is not granted by the game until after Geralt is struck?

I'm sure that's not what was intended.

you can run up a stair near the water fountain to wait for regen.

also, use Northern Wind bomb to freeze as many enemies as you can then use strong attack on those elven mages first. It's really hard to dodge those fire bombs or whatever so freeze them then slice them.

you can run up a stair near the water fountain to wait for regen.

also, use Northern Wind bomb to freeze as many enemies as you can then use strong attack on those elven mages first. It's really hard to dodge those fire bombs or whatever so freeze them then slice them.

The issue is that the attacks are landing before the game gives over control of Geralt. So by the time the game is playable, Geralt is already lying on the ground, his innards smoldering from the inside after suffering two unavoidable blasts of ethereal violence, his senses fading away into a far-reaching void of endless stillness...and silence...

Meanwhile, the player is on the couch, like, "What the...?"

The issue is that the attacks are landing before the game gives over control of Geralt. So by the time the game is playable, Geralt is already lying on the ground, his innards smoldering from the inside after suffering two unavoidable blasts of ethereal violence, his senses fading away into a far-reaching void of endless stillness...and silence...

Meanwhile, the player is on the couch, like, "What the...?"

oh, I see. Didn't think it happened to me in this quest, although the enemies did attack sooner. So it's like the accursed first fight with Letho.

if you die and reload the checkpoint geralt starts off from init position (spawn) : means no sword in hand and bunny hop mode. but i also noticed that you gain control over your movement before sword and spells - so in my case it might have worked to roll away from them in time before they ashed me. but this shouldnt be like this in my opinion, theres no point in granting control over movement before sword and spells.

Yeah there's always a risk when they place a battle right after a cutscene and it's not done well here. It's also a ridiculous spike in difficulty. I had to bail on it at level 45 on Death March.

...I was finally able to beat this using puppet. Very satisfying. Couldn't scratch them with my sword.

Last edited:
Hasn't this been the same for the whole game? Enemies already get in hits before you can even move - fist fights, boss fights, etc. It's clearly something devs don't consider important enough to fix, but still, we can manage. The below is how I got through the fight on Death March.

[video=youtube;-es6JCS1ksA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-es6JCS1ksA[/video]

I think it's partially random if players get saturated by attacks before control is fully turned over, but there should definitely be more of delay before the attacks begin, I think. That's quite a lot of setup to have to go through again if you're insta-killed!

Chort Decoction makes you immune to the stagger effect, it was a total lifesaver, and completely turned the tide of the battle for me. No cheesing tactics necessary. I just made sure to have all potions and oils ready before the ceremony. Reloading the Checkpoint at the battle's beginning is a bad idea.

Also, it might be my imagination, but I think you're supposed to fight them wielding the Ancient Elven Blade and the Ancient Elven Shield. It seemed like I cut them down with half as many hits and the shield seemed to block those zaps (but that might have been the Chort Decoction keeping me from getting knocked around like a rag doll). I know most people will go into their inventory at the fight's start and switch back to their grandmaster-whatever sword, but I could swear that the Elven sword or shield or the combination made the fight easier.

Last edited:
Even on normal difficulty I found this quest to be extremely difficult. I ended up using a Northern Wind bomb to freeze everyone, then focused all of my attacks on the elven mages first. With them gone the other soldiers were easy.

Top Bottom