Ba Xing Chong bug

+
Is the Ba Xing Chong legendary smart shotgun buggy at the moment, or only for me?

I just got the blueprints and crafted it, but its damage is really underwhelming. I am Level 50 and have all the right perks and have seen videos of this gun shredding enemies to pieces, but I need three to four shots to take a single enemy down and no one gets ripped to shreds.

I would like to know if anyone else has this problem or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Help would be much appreciated.

It depend how much you invested in BODY and Annihilation skill in particular.
It could make a huge difference.

Edit : and also in which version was the galme in the videos (if before 1.5, it make a huge difference only due to the game rebalancing)

Last edited:
When I tried the weapon, I had Body 20 and most of the relevant Annihilation Perks.

But yes, the Videos were before 1.5. So they just nerfed the weapon? The strange thing is, the weapon never dismembers people I kill with it, quite the opposite of what the tooltip says.

But yes, the Videos were before 1.5. So they just nerfed the weapon? The strange thing is, the weapon never dismembers people I kill with it, quite the opposite of what the tooltip says.
Yeah, they "nerfed" almost everything in 1.5 (before you were able to stack crit chances and crit damages to the point to be able to always deal critics and have a +300% bonus on them...)
Do you use mods ?
(or used, even if you uninstalled/removed/disabled them)
Because it remind me another thread :

Yes, I use a few mods. I wondered if it could be one of them, but none should interact with weapons, but who knows. But its only with this weapon, that no dismemberments happen, I can slice and dice to my hearts contend with swords or monowire or blow heads off with other smart weapons.

But thank you very much for taking your time answering me, it is much appreciated.

Yes, I use a few mods. I wondered if it could be one of them, but none should interact with weapons, but who knows. But its only with this weapon, that no dismemberments happen, I can slice and dice to my hearts contend with swords or monowire or blow heads off with other smart weapons.

But thank you very much for taking your time answering me, it is much appreciated.
Try with other shotguns in case (Bloody Maria can dismember enemies easily too due to its ability).
But it could be a bug, and I'm far from be able to try this shotgun :(

(The best would be to try without any mod and after a clean install of the game... But just for that, is it worth it ? not sure...)

So I tried some things, respecced, and now it one shots things at least. But they still do not explode. I managed to blow off half the head of one guy, when I was directly in front of him, but it was just one time out of about 30 enemies.

I tried Bloody Maria, and this looks much more like what I expected. Blown off Heads and Limbs everywhere. It really seems like the "explosive" effect mentioned in Ba Xing Chongs tooltip is missing.

I tried Bloody Maria, and this looks much more like what I expected. Blown off Heads and Limbs everywhere. It really seems like the "explosive" effect mentioned in Ba Xing Chongs tooltip is missing.
Yep, possible that there is a bug with this weapon (only).
I can't confirm for now in vanilla :)

Top Bottom