Background choices that will affect your skills, stats, perks or abilities.

+
So we probably got now only background choice "Where are you from?" "What's your history?" - Nomad, Street Kid, Corpo.

I'm suggesting adding another background choices but they don't have an impact on dialogs or how people talk to you. But they will just impact your.... numbers.

As an example I would take Fallout New Vegas perks. But they would be implemented into the background choices at the beginning of the game. Or little bit different example would be Skyrim and races. You play Bosmer you have +5 to lockpicking. You play Nord you have +10 to two-handed weapons.

So an actual example:
"Your childhood hero?"

Johnny Silverhand - When listening to Johnny's song you will activate 10% exp boost for next 10minutes
Morgan Blackhand - Using non-lethal takedown will increase your Melee by 10 points for 10 seconds
Saburo Arasaka - Wearing Arasaka equipment increases Attack and Defense by 10%

"What do you like to do in your free-time?"

Going to shooting range - Pistols, shotguns, rifles, sniper rifles +5 points
Watching boxing matches - Melee +5 points
I'm part-time plumber - Technical +5 points
I'm part-time mechanic - Engineering +5 points (this and ^ could be used for a background choice if you had a job before.)
I play Assassin's Creed - Assassinations +5 points

These are of course just some silly examples I quickly came up with but I think you can get the picture of what I mean.

The options to these choices could also depend on your history you choose. So for example Street Kid would for example had options that would increase his Body or Athletics. Corporate would have an options that would increase his Intelligence, Cold Blood or Hacking.

There are of course loads and loads of options and choices that could be made and probably picking the right ones would be difficult for the developers. New Vegas has just regular 88 perks like this to choose from. But this is RPG and I think this would make a great addition to make it even better RPG.

Top Bottom