Backstory ideas for The Witcher school of bear (all rights CDPR)

+
"Well, brother, that was a good fight," Warden pointed his wooden sword at Orion.
"Damm right it was," Orion put his sword away.
"Yet, I am kind of interested, how did you kill that witcher in Beachfort. What happened ?" Orion asked Warden without any walking around.
"As I said, I was overlooking the square, when I noticed him in a crowd. But now, when I am thinking about it, he had different clothing, yet he was looking for you Orion. You heard him. When I trapped him in Yrden, he lost it." Warden pulled out the medallion.
Crane reflected light on the wall.
" I understand that Codex prohibits killing other witchers, but our kind is not exactly friendly towards their own. " Warden was talking, but in his mind he was on that roof, thinking about that witcher.
" Warden, listen to me." Orion smacked Warden in a face.
" When I was somewhere, and you guys were traveling with Arl, I learned something about our childhood. We were given to the witcher, who brought us to the Bear Keep. We lived somewhere in the mountains, in a small house. Our father served in a Kovir Army, but one day he never returned. Our mother was broke, but that witcher helped her by claiming us. That is all that I know." Orion finished his talk. Warden had to sit on the ground.
"How do you know this?" Warden asked Orion
"Learned it in a place and some things Ciri told me."
"Ciri, how is she?" Warden looked at the window, where Ciri was staying when she arrived.
"I don't know, but she should stop by." Orion pointed at the gate.
"Let's catch something for dinner," Warden suggested.
"Good idea. Prepare horses, and I will get crossbows," Orion disappeared into the Armory.

Library

Last edited:
The moment Orion announced a day off, Darren disappeared into the library upstairs. The library was medium size, packed with books from all the corners of the Continent. Whenever Darren returned for winter to Mons Transire, he would spend days sitting here and reading. While he was looking for that book, he came across a book series, which escaped his scope of interest. Swords and Masters I and II. He grabbed them from the shelf, found the table, sat down, and started reading. These books contained swords, their diagrams, and who designed them and who can make them. Some pages are missing. Books were a collaboration of multiple masters from different races.
Master Ort, Master Hattori, just to name the few. What surprised him is that he found that Dorrin was also there. Dorrin had two sword diagrams. One steel and one silver. As he was reading more, he came across a couple of new swords. But Darren knew that these books were wanted. Whoever had these books, had the power to make any sword. The only things that he needed are a Master and fully equipped forge. Well, Mons had a fully equipped forge. Only what he needed is a Master. Closer to the end, Darren came across multiple swords from different worlds. He recognized one. It was the standard-issue sword of the Deathwing. Khyrmn was one who designed them, and there was another elf who made a diagram and put it into mass production. On the next couple of pages, there was a Wild Hunt standard issue. He was surprised that there are even mentionings of these blades.
" Time to ask Khyrmn what he knows about this." He stood up, left the library, and yelled at Khyrmn and Star, who were downstairs. Then he returned to the table, sat back, and waited for them. After a while, only Star, Vortigern, and Aldith entered. Khyrmn wasn't there.
" Arl was calling Khyrmn, so he had to leave, but he left me a way to contact him," Star said when the approached table.
"Where are Orion and Warden?" Darren asked.
" They went hunting. Should be back soon." Vortigern pointed into the general direction, where twins rode off.
Darren looked at everyone "As you are all aware, this winter, which is approaching quickly, it will be 6th winter since we moved here. These two books have diagrams. I thought that we should put away our standard-issue swords and get something new. What do you guys think ?"
" Sign me right up," Aldith said. Even Star and Vortigern joined Aldith.
" Alright, pick your swords, and we will wait for Twins to come back."

Cave

Last edited:
" So what are we hunting? Another fiend ?" Warden asked Orion when the approached the cave.
" You know what folk says about fiends. You kill one and in next couple of days, another one will take his place." Orion pointed his silver sword into the dark.
" Ladies first" Orion bowed and Warden entered.
Warden was carrying a torch and Orion was covering their back.
" Look at that. So, the saying is correct. Another one will take his place." Warden pointed into the direction where fiend was sleeping. Both twins started slowly backing out when fiend opened his eyes.
" He smells our horses" Orion whispered. Fiend stood up and started looking around.
"Run" Warden whispered and started running, with Orion close behind him.
Both of them turned and noticed a group of riders galloping towards them. Warden noticed insignia. Nilfgaard Expeditionary Unit or also known as scouts. Leading rider noticed two witchers standing there. When they got closer, Orion had his hand on the hilt.
" What are you doing here ?" Warden asked the leader.
" Why should we tell you ?" Rider laughed and jumped down from his horse.
" You are trespassing on a Kovir soil. Last time I remember, Kovir is not in a war with Nilfgaard. So I am asking one more time. What are you doing here ?" Orion drew his sword.
The leader still did not realize that there is a witcher standing right in front of him.
" Why should I tell you, peasant. Nilfgaard will come and will burn your village to the ground." Rider showed Orion his papers.
" Well, good luck with burning my village down, because the village is in this cave. Safety reasons." Warden pointed at the cave entrance.
Orion noticed the Warden's plan and played along with it.
" How many men in your village ?" Another rider asked.
" Total count is around 150 people. Go inside, follow the path and when you get to the bridge, turn right. You should be able to see the door. Knock and say this. Future is tomorrow and they will let you in. And now if you excuse us, taxes have to be delivered to the king." Orion showed leader the bag.
" My apologies" leader said, " we will go now to your village.
Orion was already sitting on his horse and Warden too.
" Good luck with taxes" Leader waived at Orion.
"Good luck to you too" Orion saluted and together with Warden, they disappeared into the forest. Orion looked back and saw the group to enter the cave on foot, leaving horses behind.
" Are they that stupid ?" Warden asked Orion when they got away.
" They are not stupid, but their pride is killing them."
Suddenly a loud roar echoed.
"Let's go back and wait or them."
"Finally some fun" Warden smiled and they returned to the cave, still sitting on horses, now showing themselves in full light. After some time, only leader emerged. Wounded, his armor damaged and his sword was broken. When he noticed Orion, he realized that his unit was fooled.
Orion jumped down and put his sword on leader's throat. " Now, do you want to tell us what are you doing here?"

Forge

A small group entered a big house, which used to be an old blacksmith's place. Vortigern looked around. Everything was filled with dust, spider webs, and almost rusty equipment.
" Time to clean up this place, if we want to start making blades." Aldith grabbed the broom and started cleaning.
Vortigern, together with Darren started fixing the equipment, while Star with help of the magic was writing down the equipment. After a couple of hours, the place looked almost ready. it only needed fire and a Master. Darren went downstairs to check, what metal is available. His jaw dropped when he opened the door. The underground storage was filled with all kinds of metal, equipment and a bunch of other stuff. Aldtih cast Igni on wood what Vortigern prepared and soon fire started cracking and heating up the furnace and surrounding area.
" Now, we need a Master. Star, can you teleport Dorrin here ?" Aldith announced, while Star already prepared teleport. Out of nowhere, Dorrin appeared.
" How the Fuck I got here ?" Dorrin asked surprised.
He looked around and noticed Vortigern. " I didn't know you have magic abilities Vortigern."
" You are correct, I don't, but Star here has." Vortigern pointed at the Star, who closed teleport right behind him.
"Welcome Dorrin", Dorrin turned and noticed Darren.
" Reason, why are you here, is that we need your help with forging new blades" Darren got to him and handed him a book. Dorrin looked at the place and asked:" What are the orders ?"
" That's the spirit." Aldith approached them.
" Question is, do we have the metal ?" Star asked the group.
"Right this way" Darren pointed to the door to the storage.
"Time to get to the work." Dorrin picked the hammer.
" Everyone, follow my instructions and we will make it in a couple of days," Dorrin ordered.

Entrance to the cave

Last edited:
" Your pride is the only thing what is killing you right now, so your call. Tell us everything or that fiend won't mind another feast." Orion looked at the Nilfgaardian, who was on the ground.
" Alright, you won. We believe that Vortigern escaped into the Kovir. We are here to track him down and bring him back. He is important. Emperor would like to talk with that person." The leader said and looked at the Warden.
" What is so special about Vortigern? He is just one guy." Warden said back.
" It is actually his ancestry who we are looking for. One of his ancestors is one of the 12 Paladins from ancient time. Vortigern received something from that heritage. We had to kill his kids and wife so we can get it. What it is, I have no idea. I am supposed to find him and bring him back for further examination." Hoping for mercy, the leader was talking and talking. Orion looked at the Warden and understood what to do. Orion looked back at the leader.
" Here is the deal. You leave your armor and your sword here. You get on your horse and you return where you come from. When they ask you what happen, you say that you were ambushed by a fiend summoned by Vortigern himself. You know it, because it had painted a skull on his head. and you are the only one who was able to kill him, but another was approaching so you cut the tongue out as a proof and you bailed out. The land is cursed, so no one should be going there. There are two witchers working on it. No one should go there. If you lie, I will know it and I use my power to kill everything you ever loved, cared or helped. That includes your family and friends. Here is the tongue. Do you agree? If yes, swear on your kids and you are free to leave. I know that you have kids, it is one of my powers. if not, look behind you. One more thing, Vortigern is in Novigrad and he was able to summon fiend on distance. Your call Nilfgaardian." Orion moved his sword away from the man's throat.
He stood up and said: I swear on my kids that I will never come back and I will tell what you told me. Just don't hurt them."
Warden brought his horse and leader started stripping himself from the armor and he lay his broken sword to Orion's feet. When he finished, he sat on his horse and galloped away.
" Well, that was easy." Orion looked at the Warden.
" Let's return," Warden said and whistled on his horse, while Orion looted the saddlebags and dispersed horses. He also whistled and together they vanished into the forest.

Arl's house

Last edited:
" I am here." Khyrmn knocked on a door and Storm opened the door.
" He is awaiting you." Storm pointed into the kitchen.
Khyrmn closed the door behind him and put his staff on a table when he got to the kitchen. Arl looked at him.
" What are you doing here?" Khyrmn asked Arl, " Aren't you supposed to be in the palace ?"
Arl looked on him. " Please sit. Palace is under reconstruction, so I meet with people at the main square and I live here." Khyrmn thanked Storm when she gave him a glass of water.
" So what did you learn about our new allies ?" Arl asked when Khyrmn finished his drink.
" Three people are the most interesting from that group. Orion, Warden, and Vortigern. I studied these witchers and learned a lot. There few other schools, which are also operating their own witchers and each has a specific animal. I don't know why. Our allies have a bear symbol. What I learned so far is that witchers from these school are loners, they hate each other. But these ones are different. They bond together because they realized that being alone is not good in their world. They have generations of witchers. Twins are the third generation and they are thinking to continue. Darren and Aldith are special, but Twins and Vortigern are the ones. Star is still learning her magic abilities." Arl looked at the Khyrmn with deep thought.
" So what is unique about twins? Let's start with them." Khyrmn pulled out the book.
" I would start with Vortigern first."
" Go ahead," Arl said and grabbed the book.
" So, the Vortigern. Everyone is calling him like that, but that is not his real name. Nobody knows. What is interesting about him is that he is a descendant of one of the 12 Paladins from ancient time. The fighting style, his behavior reflects one Paladin from the group and there is a demand for people with this type of heritage."
"Do you know which Paladin ?" Arl asked Khyrmn.
" I actually don't know," Khyrmn replied. " Twins have..." Khyrmn was interrupted when someone knocked on a door.
Storm entered into the kitchen and said to Arl:" Here is this Sage named Avallac'h and he would like to talk with you." Khyrmn jumped from the chair and grabbed his staff.
" We will talk with him outside," Arl said and kissed Storm.
"We will be right back," Khyrmn said and with Arl they went outside, where Avallach was awaiting them.
When Avallach noticed Khyrmn, his bravery felt, because he was expecting only Arl to be home.
" Good evening your Ma.." Avallach did not finish the sentence because Khyrmn hit him with his staff in the face, knocking him down.
"What do you want here ?" Arl asked Avallach.
" Definitely not for forgiveness. What about my parents? After your experiments, you vanished, took your "Golden Child" and you told my parents that I died? You imprisoned me between the time and space. If Arl would not find me, I would go insane." Avallac'h stood up and looked at Khyrmn, bleeding from his nose.
" You are failed experiment because you weren't obedient enough. You had the power to be my "Golden Child", but you did not listen." Arl holds Khyrmn's hand because Khyrmn was ready to punch Avallac'h again.
" He is not worthy of your time." Khyrmn pointed his staff at Avallac'h, while he looked at Arl.
" You are correct, he is not worthy. Why are you here ?" Khyrmn got his bearings together.
Avallac'h looked at both Arl and Khyrmn.
" I was doing service to this world, by doing those experiments. Unicorns weren't sufficient enough." Arl looked at the Avallac'h.
" So, you were purposely giving us weaker mages, so Wild Hunt can throw off balance between forces. One side keeps the other in check and vise versa. You are really unique individual Avallac'h, maybe your intentions are good on one side, but they produce more evil than good. Who was that companion, who I was supposed to chase down before Hunt was ready ?"
"You mean Ciri ?" Avallach looking at Arl.
" Yes, her. She is a powerful individual. Do you know how many men I lost, while chasing her through your bullshit? Around 100 men. I had to fight in different worlds. Do you know how hard it was going from door to door and telling mothers, wives that their sons and husbands never return? And what for? Ciri. Remind me again why did you suggest that Death Wing should be looking for her? And Eredin was busy, I assume, banging everything that moved right, while the whole society was in ruins? You purposely gave us wrong tips, while you escaped with Ciri. Enlight me."
Avallac'h realized that he lost this argument. He was standing against two powerful individuals and one of them was his creation.
" By doing what I did, I opened gates between the worlds. It is time for the New Age. And Continent will be first to feel it. Then this place and I will be laughing at all of you from the safety." Khyrmn was furious.
" So you needed Ciri to help you open the gates? She trusted you and you used her." Arl realized what was going on.
"You are correct. Before I go, there is one thing to left to say. Vortigern and Twins are the keys to the world." Avallac'h turned and vanished into the unknown.
" How does he knows about our witchers ?" Khyrmn asked Arl.
" Ciri probably told him everything. I summon the Centurions of the Death Wing and you try to trace him. We will meet in front of our old HQ, in two hours." Arl said and Khyrmn saluted.
" Right on Arl." He waved at Storm, who approached them and then Khyrmn walked away.
" Is past calling you again ?" Storm asked Arl.
" Yes, and it won't wait. Let's go inside and we will talk." He holds her hand as they were walking home.

Courtyard at Mons Transire, the second ring of defense

Last edited:
"Vampires are in Skellige," Star announced out loud.
" You are kidding me, right ?" Darren said angrily.
" When did you learn this ?" Orion jumped when he heard the place.
" It is all a mind game. It was too convenient to find them. Truth is that they are there, but now, they are in Skellige. That vampire, what we found, was pretty dressed up for the winter conditions and you guys love to go to Skellige." Warden look at the map, what he pulled out of the box.
" And where exactly ?" Vortigern asked Star.
"Undvik" she pointed at the map.
" That is where the Wild Hunt was defeated and something went boom," Orion said.
" Looks like our vampires are on the mission to protect something or someone. They even summed the Elder to help them." Star continued her explanation. " Maybe Khyrmn can know something," Vortigern said.
" Or I can say something." everyone turned around when they heard a female voice. There she was, Ciri in full glory.
" So did you save the world ?" Orion asked Ciri.
She laughed:" Yes and No. Let's go inside, I am hungry and we can talk there."
Everyone went inside and talked with the Ciri, because everyone had questions on their own.

Chapter 7 Something Bigger

Last edited:
Death Wing HQ
Arl was waiting for Khyrmn and other Cents. Cents or Centurions were leaders of the regiments of Death Wing. Each regiment was made out of a Cent, a Mage, and soldiers, exception being a Second Regiment. Arl was Commander of all of them and Khyrmn was his right-hand and Commander of the mages. In Death Wing, at their peak, there were 30 regiments. Now he was only able to call 15 because rest was either killed by Wild Hunt or deployed somewhere else. He sat on a chair behind the round table, where the meetings used to be. HQ of Death Wing was also white as their colors. The walls had paintings of famous leaders from the past. The whole building, funny enough, wasn't a palace or a fort. It was a bigger house. They lost their fort when Wild Hunt established dominance in the world and Eredin became a king. Arl heard footsteps and door opened. First who entered was Khyrmn, followed by Centurions. When the last Cent came through, Khyrmn closed the door and joined everyone at the table. Arl stood up and started talking.
" Good afternoon brothers in arms." Arl opened the conversation.
" Hail to the king" Every Cent saluted.
Centurion of First Regiment asked Arl:" What is happening, King ?"
" Are hounds ready ?" Arl asked the Second Centurion.
" At your command." Centurion saluted.
"Not yet, I will summon you all again, once we get the exact location. You are all dismissed."
Every Centurion, expect the First one left the room.
" Are you sure about this ?" He asked Arl.
" I have to and now if you excuse me, I have a meeting to attend to. Feel free to come with me. Khyrmn is going to do something."
"Alright, your Majesty, I go." He followed Arl outside.

Khyrmn's house
Khyrmn opened the door and entered his home. it was a smaller home, nothing fancy. Khyrmn liked the simple design. He put his staff on the table and started putting down his armor. His red hound appeared and started jumping on him. Khyrmn pets him and hound left him in the hall. Khyrmn walked to the dining hall. He noticed someone sitting in the corner and grabbed his sword and pointed at the shadow. The hound was sleeping right next to him. A shadow stood up and Khyrmn noticed Avallac'h.
"Get out of my house" Khyrmn shouted at Avallac'h.
" I came to apologize. " Avallac'h extended his arm, but Khyrmn spits at him.
" I see that you are missing your Golden Child. Answer me one question and I teleport you out of here. Why did you play both sides ?" Khyrmn grabbed his staff and opened the portal.
Avallac'h did not say anything, he just walked into the portal and vanished. Khyrmn closed it and sat down. He knew where is Avallac'h heading.
One thing what Khyrmn did not understand was Arl. He summoned the Centurions and they did not even started when everyone was dismissed. Something was happening.

Skellige

Last edited:
Vortigern was walking down the forest. After Orion handed everyone a teleportation circle, Vortigern snapped it and appeared in front of the old statue. He fixed his gear and started walking to the houses what he noticed when he landed. He got the small village of Harviken. As he entered the village, people looked at him. Vortigern noticed an Inn.
" Where I am ?" Vortigern asked an old man sitting on the bench, right in front of the house.
" Welcome to Skellige, a fellow traveler. You are in the Harviken. Port is here and the Inn. What brings you here ?"
" I am looking for the Inn." Vortigern sat down next to the old man.
" Just go there and you will see it. You cannot miss it,..." The old man stopped talking for the moment because a bright light appeared in front of him. From the light, Orion emerged.
" Ah, a Witcher." The old man waved at Orion.
Orion noticed him and started walking towards him. Vortigern stood up and welcomed Orion.
" Where is the rest ?" Vortigern asked Orion.
" They are stranded as we are. Star is with Warden at Svorlag and Darren with Aldith are at Hov. You lost your stone. Stick with me." Orion pointed into the direction of the Inn.
" My apologies, but aren't you a Vortigern? The Skull ?" The old man asked Vortigern.
" Yes, that is me." Vortigern had his hand on the hilt.
" Hey. Open the door, we have guests." The old man knocked on the door of his house.
The door opened and an old woman appeared.
" Who is it ?" She asked.
" Really important people. Come in." The old man let the Vortigern and Orion inside and closed the door behind them.
" Come to the table and leave your swords and shield over there." The woman said to the group. House was small, nothing fancy. Walls were filled with equipment, paintings and all kinds of things.
Grandpa put his sword away and rest followed. Lady prepared the table. Some fish, bread and a beer. Nothing special, but Orion liked it that way.
" So what brings you to Skellige ?" The old man asked.
" We have unfinished business here. I don't know why, but I swear that I know you from somewhere, old man." Vortigern looked at the old man.
"Really? You remind me of my son. My son left to make a fortune in the Nilfgaard, but he never returned. The only thing what we got was his shield. Here it is." Grandpa pointed at the wall. There was an old Nilfgaardian's shield. On the shield, there was a bastion with the tree roots and sun behind them. Vortigern stood up and took the shield. Memories flew right in front of his eyes. He fell on his knees and started crying. Orion realized what is happening. Vortigern found his parents.
" I am not going to lie, son, you have a lot of memories. Tell us what is happening ?" The old man asked Vortigern.
" Mom, Dad it is me." Vortigern stood up and put his helmet down.
" Son, it is you!" The old lady started crying and embraced Vortigern.
" Yes, it is me." Vortigern dried his tears.
Orion stood up and said to them:" I will wait outside."
" No, stay here. Vortigern will need you. " Old man did not allow him to leave.
" I stay, then." Orion returned to the table.
" You cannot go like this outside. We have something for you, son." Grandma grabbed Vortigern's hand and they walked to the basement, with Grandpa and Orion right behind them.
When they got the basement, Grandpa opened the door. Vortigern entered first. Right in front of him, there was a black armor set, even sword, and black kite shield. The white skull was reflecting candle lights in the room.
" I and my friend, we made this for you, but you never showed up. I understand why since you are wanted, man. First things what they did, they almost robbed our house. We were tortured. This mage was asking us about you, but we had no idea. When they left, we packed our belongings and moved here, far away from everything. I am really sorry about your wife and kids. I still remember, how she always baked perfect dumplings." Grandpa sat down on the chair.
" Thank you very much." Vortigern grabbed the helmet, but he noticed Orion closing the basement door.
"Around five fully armored men outside. Get your gear, we are getting out of here." Orion looked at his medallion. Red eyes confirmed what he heard.
" Do you want to try your gear on those men ?" Grandpa asked Vortigern, not expressing any worry about Orion's statement.
" Let's do this. Give me a moment."

Outside of the House
" Hey old man, open the door. I know that you have visitors." Leader knocked on the door.
The full force of knocked door concussed him. From the dark house, a black knight emerged. White skull on his shield reflected afternoon light.
"Who are you ?" One of the Skellige warriors asked the man.
" I am the one who craves the eternal darkness. I am the one who is protecting those who cannot protect themselves." The man said to them.
" He is a demon. Don't show fear man." The leader stood up and pointed his sword at Vortigern, but fear was already taking a toll on men.
" I am the Vortigern, the Overlord. I am here to kill my enemies. Run, while your legs can still carry you." Vortigern pointed his sword at them.
Warriors already were terrified, when Vortigern said that he is the one who craves eternal darkness, so they started walking slowly backward, then they turned, jumped on the boat and sailed away, terrified.
" Do you really crave eternal darkness ?" Orion asked Vortigern when he went outside.
" I do" Vortigern put down his helmet and smiled. That smile

Svorlag Inn, couple of hours later

Last edited:
Our group was sitting inside the Inn, waiting for Orion and Vortigern. Inn was half full. The shopkeeper was sleeping in the corner. A couple of tables were occupied by Royal Guards and sailors. Nothing really happening, since this was the usual situation. A drunk soldier approached Warden and joined the group.
" I just wanted to tell you that there is a couple of your kind wondering around. One usually arrives around noon to get drunk. Carries a bear medallion. He used to have two swords, but he sold one for more alcohol. He is also very aggressive. Just letting you know. And welcome to Svorlag. Have a good hunt." He stood up, but he lost a balance and fell on the floor. Warden helped him stand up and escorted him back to the table.
" Good hunt Witchers." Other guard said to Warden when he dropped off the drunk guard.
" Thank you. Good luck to you too." Warden did not finish his sentence, because someone kicked the door into the Inn. He looked scared as hell. Darren looked on him. Skellige people are not that easy to terrify, so this must have been something dangerous.
" What happened ?" Aldith asked the man.
" There is a man who craves eternal darkness. He was last spotted in Harviken. Gods help us."
" Can you describe him ?" Aldith grabbed him and walked him to the table. The whole Inn joined them wanting to know what happened.
" He was clothed in black. Dark as the midnight without the moon. He is a demon, speaking with a deep voice. Each word is escorted by darkness. Olaf stood up to him, but just a presence of the demon made him shit himself. He pointed his sword at our group and told us to run while our legs can still carry us. I never saw anything like that. There is more. In the shadow of the house, there was another man. I don't think that we have a chance against him." His face was changing colors as he was talking.
Star asked the man:" Did he say why is here? What is his name? Anything?"
He looked at her and said:" Young lady, last thing what I remember, is that he said that he is here to kill his enemies and protect those who cannot protect themselves. The main island is closed down. Nobody goes in or out. Another thing, which is stuck in my head. On his shield, there is a white skull. When I noticed it, he said to our group, that he is ..." The soldier passed out.
" Shopkeeper, we need water now," Darren yelled at the man.
" Right here." man handed him a jug.
Darren took it, smacked the soldier and forced him to drink.
" What did he said ?" A captain of the guard asked him.
" He said that he is Vortigern, the Overlord." The soldier passed out again.
" What are we going to do ?" Captain asked the people in the Inn.
" I have an idea." Warden started talking.

On the boat, somewhere around the Skellige

Last edited:
Gordon looked through the spyglass and noticed a small boat sailing towards them. Titan, his lead ship, had barely survived the storm. His right hand approached him, saluted and reported.
" Gordon, we don't have that much food left. In two days, we will run out of rations. What are the orders?"
" Take this spyglass and look on the boat. What do you see? " Gordon handed him a spyglass.
" I see a witcher and a black knight. What is this all about?" He asked.
" Get them on the board. How is Terric doing?" Gordon pointed at the small child sitting on the barrel and looking into the distance,
" He is fine." Gordon heard, but he took the spyglass looked into the distance.
When the boat got closer, Gordon noticed it. It was empty.
" Orion, don't give me a heart attack." Gordon turned and noticed Vortigern and Orion standing there.
" I am not going to. Where are you heading to?" Orion asked Gordin.
" We are going to the main island. We are low on food, and some of our men are sick." Gordon pointed at the island in the distance.

Svorlag Inn, a couple of hours later

Last edited:
" Master Witcher, may I ask something?" Innkeeper asked Warden.
" What is it ?" Warden was unsure, what is happening.
" Why do you have two swords on your back? Witcher, who goes here, keeps one of his blades on the horse." Innkeeper pointed at two blades on Warden's back.
" I usually keep my silver on the horse, but in this scenario, I don't have a horse and I need silver, so it is tailored to the situation. When does this witcher usually arrive?" Warden asked Innkeeper.
" Any moment." The innkeeper was scared, which Warden noticed right away.
Aldith, Star, and Darren were talking with the Captain of the Royal Guard.
" Why is Royal Guard here ?" Warden asked Innkeeper.
" They are here waiting for that witcher. They want to ask him some questions." Innkeeper disappeared into the back. The door opened and witcher entered. Everyone stopped talking. Witcher walked right to the counter, where he noticed Warden.
" Are you the new Innkeeper ?" He asked Warden.
Warden measured this guy. About the same height as him, definitely older than him. The bear medallion was reflecting candle lights. He had standard issue armor, swords, and equipment.
" I am new here, what is your name?" Warden walked to the other side and gave him the beer. Witcher accepted it and took a sip.
" My name is Hexham." Hexham finished the jug and waved at Warden.
Warden was surprised that Hexham did not notice witcher right in front of him. He gave him another beer.
" So what do you do for a living? Warden asked Hexham, but he knew the answer already.
" I track down monsters for the contract. Listen to me. A contract was put out on this Black Knight, who is now in Skellige. After I am done here, I am going to kill this guy." Moment Haxham said it, he tripped and fell down. Suddenly, Warden heard snoring. Guards were also sleeping in the corner, while Aldith, Star, and Darren were cleaning up the mess. Warden jumped over the counter and grabbed sleeping Hexham. He dragged him to the group.
" So this is the one ?" Darren asked Warden when Haxham landed on the table. The silver sword on his backdropped on the floor.
Star picked it up and looked at the blade.
" That is a standard-issue silver sword of the second generation. Don't cut yourself." Darren said to Star.
" Simple, elegant and deadly. New witchers use this sword until they get new blades. New blades are optional. What is his name ?" Darren asked the group.
" His name is Hexham." Warden showed everyone the bear medallion, hanging from the Hexham's neck.
" I don't remember him." Darren looked at the man.
" I do." Aldith took a deep breath.

Titan, at the same moment
" These guys are hauling their asses. Just look at them." Gordon handed Orion a spyglass. One of the Skellige's ships just sailed by. Orion looked down and noticed sailors running for their lives.
" Good afternoon, what is the rush ?" Orion shouted at the boat.
The boat turned and when it got closer, one of the sailors shouted on Orion.
" There is a demon at Harviken. We are rushing to the mainland." The sailor was freaked out.
" Can you describe him ?" Orion shouted back.
" A man in the black armor. He craves eternal darkness. Gods help us. Reckoning is upon us." Sailor shouted back.
" You really freaked out the whole Skellige Isles, Vortigern." Orion looked at Vortigern who just tied his shield.
" Is there a contract on him ?" Orion shouted at the sailors.
" Yes, and the reward is generous. You should take the contra,..." Sailor did not finish, because Vortigern's blade cut his head off. In a matter of moments, the whole crew was dead. Vortigern looked up. Blood was filling up the boat. Vortigern quickly looted the dead bodies and vanished, leaving only a cloud of black smoke.
" What the fuck are you doing ?" Orion was ready to punch Vortigern the moment he appeared.
" Look here." Vortigern handed him pins.
Orion took a closer look and noticed a snake.
" Fuck me." Orion tossed one into the sea.
" Base must be nearby." Gordon looked at the pin, " all that acting."
" I am surprised, that you are not surprised that I can do such a thing" Vortigern put down his helmet.
" I am not. " Both Orion and Gordon said it at the same time.

Svorlag Inn, moments later

Last edited:
" I cannot reach Orion or Vortigern," Darren said to the group.
" Probably stones were fried when we teleported. What are we going to do now ?" Star asked Warden, who was looking at the silver blade.
" Let's go to Undovik and wait for them there." Warden looked at the Star, " but first let's find his steel sword. Hey Innkeeper."
" What is it, Master Witcher ?" The innkeeper looked over the counter.
" Where is his other blade ?" Warden pointed at the Hexham, who was still sleeping.
" It is right here." Innkeeper pulled out the scabbard, with the sword in it.
" How much ?" Darren asked the Innkeeper.
" I have a contract here. When you fulfill it, you get his sword. I hope you understand that nothing is for free." Innkeeper handed Warden a paper.
Warden looked on it.
" Mate, you are kidding me right ?" Warden looked at the Innkeeper.
" Do I look like I am kidding ?" Innkeeper left him standing there and vanished.
" Warden, what is it ?" Star approached him.
" We have to kill Vortigern." Warden showed her a paper.
" Innkeeper snatched contract from the Hexham." Darren looked on the paper.
" What about people here ?" Aldith asked the group
" Fuck me." Warden sat back down, " any ideas?"

Undovik, evening of the same day

Last edited:
" Good luck you two. May you have luck on your journey." Gordon waved at the Orion and Vortigern.
" May stars guide you." Vortigern saluted.
" Good luck and fair seas." Orion waved and Titan sailed off the Undovik.
" Where are we going now?" Vortigern asked Orion.
" Well, we landed at the Marlin Coast. Lets set in for the night in one of these houses." Orion looked around and noticed some houses.
" I just wonder, do I ever see Sun again ?" Vortigern thought out loud.
" I am not following." Orion looked at Vortigern.
" Remember, when I said that I crave Eternal Darkness?" Vortigern looked lost.
He sat down on the pier and looked into the distance. His black armor was reflecting last sunbeams. Orion sat down next to him.
" I feel the emptiness inside me. When I avenged my family, I felt great, but then I realized that I am not getting them back. Darkness was eating me from inside and I wasn't able to suppress it, so I used the death of my loved ones as my excuse. Orion, I don't know if you have feelings or not, but can you understand me ?" Vortigern looked into the Sun.
" Last time I remember the heat of the sun, was when I was with my family. I was sleeping in my bed, my wife to my left, kids in the other room sleeping. Morning arrived and Sun showed itself and heat the room. Everything felt so good. When I woke up at Fury HQ, Sun was there, but not that feeling." Vortigern was quiet for the moment.
" I understand you." Orion looked at the Sun, " Sometimes, I get caught up in contracts that I forget that the outside world exists. Get a contract, kill the monster, get paid and move on the next. People hate me. They spit on me, despite what I am doing for them. My twin feels it. Warden has the same emotions as I do. Having a twin, you don't have any secrets, because we are connected. He feels, what I feel and vice-versa. I remember when he brought that girl to Mons Transire. Her name was Shani. Warden was happy and I was happy. When she left, Warden was sad, and I felt the sadness in me. After this is done, I am taking Warden to Oxenfurt, so he can be happy." Orion wrote something down.
" Orion, everything alright ?" Vortigern stood up because Orion jumped on the spot and started shaking.
" Warden is fighting someone and that someone is not hesitant to kill him." Orion stopped shaking.
" Well, he will survive. Let's go inside. I start the fire." Vortigern started walking to the closest house, followed by Orion.
After a moment, the fire was craking and the meat was ready to be eaten.

Midnight
The fire was lighting up the room inside the abandoned house. Both Vortigern and Orion were looking into the fire and everyone saw something different.
" I am not going to lie, I never thought that I will be close to the witcher." Vortigern started the conversation.
" Well, it has its benefits." Orion smiled, " Do you know any good stories ?"
" Well, there is one. Do you want to hear it ?" Vortigern did a sign with his hand and shadows on the wall started to form.
" I am all ears." Orion looked at the wall.
" I traveled only twice between the worlds. One with you and one alone. Let me tell you, that world wasn't pretty. Compared to that world, Continent looks like paradise. This world was dark, cursed and deadly. But people were living there, despite the problems. One group stand out to me. They lived in this place called Shrine. People from all corners were living there. Outside of the Shrine, Demons, Monsters and all the filth of that world was walking by. When I teleported there, they told me this. Stay safe and don't go Hollow. I had no idea what that means until one of the fellow knights explained it to me. In their world, mankind was cursed by an ancient spell. Everyone has a purpose or goal to reach in the world and if they deviate from the path, the curse will get to them and it will turn them into the undead. Only what keeps them from going Hollow are their duties and bonfire. Bonfire is for them like the lighthouse, a beacon so they know that they are on the path. Some people are linked with that bonfire. It can heal them and sometimes it can even bring them from death. Last part is a pretty rare occurrence, but the knight said that it is possible. Long story short, I left the shrine, light the bonfire, fought some demon and I was teleported from that world back to the Continent. What knight said stuck with me. I was gone for two years since my family was killed. So I created Fury to be the beacon for everyone on the Path, but as you may know, they turned against me and I have the feeling that I will see them again." As Vortigern was talking, shadows were showing what was going on.
" I like that idea of not going Hollow." Orion thought to himself, but his thought was cut off by a boat beaching itself on the beach.
Orion looked and noticed Warden jumping off, followed by Darren, Aldith, Star and some other man, who Orion never saw in his life.
Vortigern waved at them and after a moment everyone was sitting around the fire, talking.
" So what is a plan ?" Star asked the Orion.
" We will see tomorrow morning." Orion looked into the fire.

Morning

Last edited:
"Soldier keep on marching on, Head down till the work is done, Waiting on that morning sun,..." Orion heard Vortigern singing something, but the wind blew Vortigern's words away. The whole group was walking towards the ancient structure. Vortigern took the lead, followed by Twins, Darren and Star and closing the group were Aldith and Hexham.
"Grandmaster Orion, can you hear me ?" Steelman started talking out of nowhere.
" Yes, I can hear you. What is happening ?" Orion stopped on the spot. Everyone looked at Orion, including Hexham.
" Grandmaster, yesterday a bright light appeared in the forest. I wasn't able to see what was the source, but then I heard drums and a large group of men emerged from the forest. Their leader looked like a mage. A portal opened behind them and a lot of creatures started emerging, followed by another mage. The mage looked like an Elder Vampire. I heard that they will attack soon. What should I do ?" Steelman sounded scared.
" We are heading there now. Observe them."
"Thank you, Grandmaster."
" So, what is a plan ?" Star asked Orion.
" Well, it looks like we will be fighting at our turf, not here. Everyone brace yourselves." Orion pulled out the teleportation ring and broke it. A bright light appeared and everyone vanished.

Mons Transire, an hour later,

" There is a beacon on the top of the mountain, so there is a small chance that someone will see it." Warden looked at the peak.
" Warden, Star go and light it up. Vortigern, Darren, and Aldith will go to the Citadel and check if everything is as we left it. Hexham you are with me. We need to talk." Orion issued orders.
" After we are done, we will meet in the main hall and we will discuss the future. Any questions? If not, we have a job to do."
Orion turned away and Hexham followed him, leaving the rest behind.
" Alright, time to get to work."

Top of the Mountain

Last edited:
" So this is the beacon of the hope?" Star asked Warden when they got the beacon.
" That's what is it for right ?" Warden smiled and started cleaning the snow from the top.
" I just realized, how cold is here."
" Well, we are at the top of the mountain. Wanna send the hope to the world?"
" I am not following."
Warden sat on the ground and looked on Star.
"You serious right now?
" I am kidding. Igni." Star shouted and wood caught fire.
Smoke started rising.
" That is a witcher sign. Don't you have your word for fire?
" I am just lazy. What are we waiting for now ?"
" There is another station couple of hours away. If they see the fire, they will send the message."
Star sat down next to the Warden and looked at him.
" Star, can I ask you something ?" Warden looked at Star.
" What is it ?"
" What do you see on Darren ?"
" Well, he is very intelligent and looks like he... Warden, your medallion." Star pointed at the humming medallion.
" Take my steel now." Warden jumped and in a matter of seconds, silver was reflecting afternoon sun. Star took the steel and looked at Warden.
" Big thing is heading here get ready."
Suddenly a white snake appeared out of nowhere and landed right in front of them.
" Warden, how are you today ?" Snake asked Warden.
Warden recognized the snake. It was the same one, which found them when he was with Shani.
" I am doing well how are you? What brings you here ?"
" Well, I was doing well, but then portals started opening and lot of power emerged. I heard that there will be a showdown at Mons Transire, so I invited a couple of my buddies. I have a feeling that you are going to need them."
Star was surprised that Warden knows that snake.
" Who are you may I ask?"
" Well, I am the Guardian of these Mountains. This is my realm and I am required to defend it. Star how is Darren doing ?"
" How do you know Darren ?"
" Well. I know everyone who moves in these mountains."
" Did you heard that ?" Warden looked behind him.
"Help. Help." The sound echoed in the mountains.

Death WIng training grounds

Last edited:
Arl was looking at the dummies in front of him. He needed to take a moment. In a synchronized motion, he pulled out the flail and started spinning the morning star without even looking at it. His eyes were focused on the Dummy in front of him. When Arl felt that he had enough force, he landed a star at the dummy, cutting it in half. He started slashing through the dummies like a field, ready to be harvested. With each swing, a memory flew in front of his eyes. Arl screamed and then he stopped. He felt that someone is looking at him. Two pair of eyes were staring him down. He turned and noticed his wife Storm and Ciri. His jaw dropped.
" Your wife is really worried about you !" Ciri shouted at Arl, who was breathing really fast.
" Arl, everything alright ?" Storm walked forward.
" Why are you here Cirilla?" Arl put his flail away.
" I am here to fix what I broke."
" What did you broke ?"
" I broke you."
" How did you broke me ?" Arl wasn't following.
" I blindly followed, I don't even want to say his name, to everywhere he wanted me. He had good intentions, but in the end, he turned against me. I remember you tried to help me, but I refused. I am here now to say that I am sorry." Ciri hugged Arl. Storm joined them a moment later.
" It feels good, your Majesty." Ciri stepped away from Arl.
" It really does. Storm, I am so sorry that I snapped last night. Just this shitty past is chasing me. Can you forgive me ?"
" I can and I will. It was stupid for me to ask you that question. Go now and finish what you started." She kissed him and together with Ciri, they left him standing there.

Citadel, 10 minutes later

Last edited:
Vortigern just nailed last steel plate on the window of the Citadel, in order to protect the glass from the arrows or stones.
" I am finished." He yelled down.
" Alright, Orion is back with Hexham. Meet us on the battlements in the second ring.." Darren shouted back
" Will do."
" Can you see Warden and Star from there ?"
" No, they are not here yet."

Battlements of the second ring
Everyone was present, expect Warden and Star and Orion was impatient because an attack could happen any moment.
"Warden, can you hear me? Warden ?"
After a long moment, he heard this.
" Orion, there is something big on the other side of the mountain, but we will be able to handle it. Guardian of these Mountains is saying hi and recommends to summon the Gollum in our basement. I have to go now. Give this to Darren, Star has something to say to him. It's personal."
" Will do Warden and please be safe."
" Will do brother."
" Darren this is for you." Orion handed him his stone.
" Star, I am here what is happening." Darren walked away from the group.
Vortigern grabbed the beacon.
" Should we call Arl ?"
" That is a good idea. Deploy the beacon." Orion ordered.
Vortigern kneeled and placed the beacon on the ground. A large beam shoot right into the sky.
" Now, there is no turning back." Darren looked up.
" Everyone go and get your best gear. We meet here as soon as possible."
" Will do Grandmaster."
" Darren, everything alright?"
" Yes, I will be there."

Vortigern's room
Vortigern knew one thing. The Fury is outside and they want him badly. His black armor, standing on the mannequin in the corner, reflected his face. He picked his shield and looked on the back of it, where his family was painted. Tears got into his eyes.
" This is for you. I will make this right and once my job is finished, I promise that I will reunite with you."
He strapped himself and he was ready. Vortigern tied his shield and pulled out the sword, which reflected dawn lights. He opened the door and vanished into the hallway.

Darren's room
Darren looked at his two swords, which were with him for a long time. Two swords, one for monsters, one for humans. Elegant, simple and deadly. He knew that this is a final stand. Everything was at stake and what Star told him it did not look good, but if they make it and see the sunrise, he knew that they made it. With a silver sword in his hand, he left his room.

Aldith room
Aldith looked outside of the window from her room. She noticed campfires two miles away, lighting the forest. She was always ready, always carrying everything with her.
" This is it." She closed the window and walked out of her room towards the future.

Twin's room
Orion looked at the place, where Warden's armor is placed, but this time it was empty. Everything was ready in front of him. Knives, bombs, potions, everything. Warden's cabinet was empty.
Someone knocked on the door.
" Come in." The door opened by itself and the ghost-like figure entered.
Orion quickly turned, silver ready in his hand, but something stopped him.
" Averey, is that you ?"
" Yes, Orion it is me. Now listen to me very carefully."
Orion was shocked, but he listened. He did not even notice that he dropped his blade.
" You have a tough battle ahead of you. On your shoulders, Bear's tradition remains."
" I know that, but I am not sure if I am fit to lead to the new tradition."
" Listen to me Orion, your twin is already fighting the flanking units and Star is covering his back. The main force will be deployed the moment darkness falls. You don't have much time. You will be facing mostly monsters, but Fury is present as well. Two mages are already there. Avalac'h and Aldis." Averey stared slowly vanishing into the void.
" Averey, can you help me ?"
" I give my school the strength what they need to fight. Remember Destination Unkown."
" Thank you."
Last thing what Orion heard before the Averey vanished was:" I believe in you."
Orion grabbed his equipment and left the room.

Deathwing training grounds at the same moment

Last edited:
Four Deathwing Regiments were ready. 1st, 2nd, 5th and 10th, all were standing, waiting for Arl and Khyrmn. They were able to refill their ranks and we're back with full strength.
First Centurion stepped aside and let the King and Khyrmn pass.
Rest of the Regiments were deployed around Tir na Lia, just in case if something happens, while Arl will be away.
Everyone was ready. Last time when they were deployed like this, was when Eredin summoned Deathwing to chase Ciri, while the Hunt is still preparing.
" Soldiers of Destiny, please listen to me. The moment we see a portal open, we will march without a fear and we will enter the fort, which is in despair. I am bounded by oath to help my friends. There is a lot of things in the play. Let me ask you, who is willing to give his life for Tir na Lia ?"
" Everyone is ready." First Centurion reported.
" Who is ready to make their friends and family safe ?"
" Everyone is." Second Centurion reported.
" The moment we enter the world a witcher will tell us where we will fight. Listen to him. And now I need to hear that everyone is ready."
"First Regiment standing by."
"Second Regiment ready."
" Fifth Regiment standing by."
" Tenth Regiment ready."
" Khyrmn what are we facing ?"
Khyrmn stepped forward and created projections of enemies.
" We will be fighting mostly monsters, but some humans are there as well. They don't have siege equipment and they will be mostly relying on monsters to keep us occupied, while they attack from the back. We are outnumbered three to one. The fort itself is one of the most powerful forts I ever saw. Two rings of defense, offset gates. There is a problem. The fort is badly damaged from teeth of time, but it can still hold its own. So can I ask you, soldiers, can we made it ?"
" Yes, Sire."
" That's what I like to hear. Now get ready. Beacon was deployed. Portal opens in3,2,1."
Blue Beam appeared and opened the portal, while Khyrmn with mages was trying to stabilize it for all Regiments to pass through.

Mons Transire, the moments before an attack

Top Bottom