Bad lag and FPS drops after playing a while (PC)

+
So I got this weird glitch which occurs lets say around 2-3 hours when you play in one session. Until then everything is fine I am getting solid 60+ FPS everywhere, but after two hours or so when I get into car and drive a bit I start to get this terrible lag and FPS drop all of the sudden and even when I exit the car and walk on foot the game is lagging and FPS drops to like 30-35, and then when I exit the game and restart it everything is fine again. Anyone experiencing same issues ? Any suggestions?

I am playing on PC/Ultra settings, without Raytracing

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600x
RTX 2080 Super
16GB RAM
Game installed on SSD

Yes! I actually keep having something like this happening but only when I stream. The game will be fine while streaming and then once I get about 1.5 to 2 hours in, the FPS drops and everything gets really laggy.

Ryzen 9 3900x
RTX 3080
32 GB RAM
Samsung EVO 970 M.2

at least you guys can play, I have a problem where no matter what settings i'm on, i cant seem to get out of 14-30fps :)

ryzen 7 3750H with integrated vega
GTX 1660Ti
16 GB RAM

help :)

at least you guys can play, I have a problem where no matter what settings i'm on, i cant seem to get out of 14-30fps :)

ryzen 7 3750H with integrated vega
GTX 1660Ti
16 GB RAM

help :)
Did you checked if the game is using your correct GPU? I could be using your Vega chip instead of the Nvidia one.

I am also experiencing this. Running the game on all settings ultra and rt on ultra.
Happens when I enter some pubs / building - fps drops to half.
Only to be fixed by saving the game and restarting it. And all goes back to 60fps
Issue also occurs when streaming and playing a while. FPS suddenly drops to half. - only fix is to restart the game as I mentioned above.

I'm getting this issue too. A bit old topic perhaps. Anyone figured out the reason why? I have a 3700x and RTX 2080 (normal one). One thing I've noticed when this happens, there seems to be loads more cars and people around. So I think it's possible too many NPCs spawn for whatever reason and the CPU can't handle it. Cause usually GPU usage drops when this happens.

Are you checking your temps? Make sure both ur CPU/GPU fans are running max?

I think like every 10 degrees in temp ur video card looses a lil performance?
Also, could be the area... sometimes downtown... i think the npc's/cars ... or items duplicate themselves or dont despawn so u have all these pings in a small area ur pc dealing with....

Also, i completely close chrome and discord while playing...

Mine stay between 50-60 degrees both cpu and gpu after an hour

The same problem, I start playing from 100-90 fps, but after a couple of hours of the game, the fps drops to 70-60 and on the market generally to 45, restarting the game saves the situation, and again I play with high fps for 1.5-2 hours. I close all background applications. Ryzen 3950x, RTX 2070, 32gb ram

I have the same issue. I usually get 35-45 fps inside the city, and 50-60 outside. After a while, It drops to 20s. I save the game, reopen and start with 40s. I am playing RT - Ultra, DLSS Balanced, 3440x1440p.
Ryzen 3700x
RTX 3070
16GB RAM

Same problem - Playing on High I get 55-60 FPS, but occasionally the game dips to about 5-10 FPS and nothing fixes it besides quitting the game.

i9-9900k
1660 Super

I have the same issue, in my case is the vram that keeps getting filled until it maxes out the 8gb and then the game is an stuttering fest. No matter the settings that i use, happens even on low textures and low settings, maybe takes a bit more to get filled but just happens the same.

Guest 4478408

use a monitoring program to check your temperatures under load. hwinfo is a great tool for this. much more easy with secondary monitor.

same issue I have RTX2080S water cooled temp are below 52 all good and after a while of playing this happen fps drop till I Restart the game

Same. After 3 to 6 hrs of gameplay, consistently, my fps drops and the game gets laggy. Restarting fixes it. As in close the game then relaunch it.
I've even had Windows complain about running out of RAM. um .. huh? I've got 16 gigs and I make sure NOTHING is running that doesn't need to be. I even go in and shut down services and processes that don't need to be running, and disable anti-virus.

Same. After 3 to 6 hrs of gameplay, consistently, my fps drops and the game gets laggy. Restarting fixes it. As in close the game then relaunch it.
I've even had Windows complain about running out of RAM. um .. huh? I've got 16 gigs and I make sure NOTHING is running that doesn't need to be. I even go in and shut down services and processes that don't need to be running, and disable anti-virus.

I have 32 GB and have same issue .

Top Bottom