Bad potion changes

+
Bad potion changes

Hey guys, so in the upcoming patch they have made it so that the Witcher potions do not give additional strength to Witchers. WTF is this? They are potions that are only supposed to work for witchers according to the lore and would actually kill ordinary people. But now they don't even give an extra buff to witchers even though they are supposed to be specifically for them.

I get that they could be strong but why not just lower the strength gain that they give instead of making them contradict the lore even further. They should just be changed into normal potions at this point, not the Witcher ones.

Last edited:
Lore doesn't really play a part into this game gameplay wise.

They'll probably add more cards in later expansions that focus on Witchers or Sorceresses, Currently there's no real reason to have those additional effects on the potions imo.

I agree with you to an extent. But if the cards don't reflect the lore, than this is not 'the WITCHER card game'. Its just *another* card game.

Last edited:
Because it will be really annoying (possibly broken) with the new thunderbolt positioning change.
In the current game. You can add 6 strength to one of the witchers only either Eskel / Lambert / Vesemir.

With the new patch, having the thunderbolt - witcher interaction remain unchanged. It will become an easy 35 str by just playing 2 cards.

I guess new card interactions would fit better than this.

Last edited:
Yeah i'm disappointed with this change, we needed MORE synergies like this, not less.

Tamacountry13;n8154140 said:
They'll probably add more cards in later expansions that focus on Witchers or Sorceresses, Currently there's no real reason to have those additional effects on the potions imo.

Actually it is, not only flavor but mechanical aswell, mainly because the witchers are neutral, therefor weaker than class cards and it's reasonable to have conditional effects with these cards.

I somewhat agree with the Thunderbolt potion problem but I think that's cause they overdone it with this positional change. It's nice to have this and i love the change to some of the cards but it's not a must to have ALL the cards be positional now.

Manticore and Thunderbolt should have been left to their original effects.

4RM3D Yes I know, and I'm all for good gameplay (that's pretty important in a game) but changes like these suck for me. It'll lose what it is and just become yet another card game.

@luliandrei I agree that they didn't need to change them! But even if they absolutely wanted to the could still work as before. For example thunderbolt would buff a unit and those directly adjacent. If any are a Witcher, add extra strength. Not sure why they didn't do that tbh?

also as you said, it's not just about the lore. Synergy's are great and we do need more, not less!

Last edited:
I don't necessarily have any problem with gameplay overtaking lore, it's pretty much required for a balanced game, but I do wish that more of the dead tags in the game made some difference, had some sort of synergy. Besides Witchers and Mages actually, I never quite understood the need for the Blue Stripes, Vampire, Dryad and Dragon tags (because all of those cards act independently of one another). Here's hoping they have some more innovative card synergies to be released in the future :D

P.S. Waiting on Alps, Night/Noonwraiths, Sirens, Ekhidnae and Bruxae to join the Crones, Hags and Succubus in their Monster harem-themed deck. #FemaleMonstersMatter

Top Bottom