Balance overhaul suggestions (Neutral)

+
A lot of these changes seem good, but some appear to have slight problems in my opinion which could easily be tweaked.

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
Commander's Horn Boost 6 adjacent units by 3. Add "Doomed" tag. Tutors should have been nerfed, not Commander's Horn. The Doomed tag is added because of Eithné
I think this compromise for commander's horn is a good one, but it should read boost a unit and 5 units to the right of it by 3. It has the same effect but is easier to understand for a new player.

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
Ciri: Nova 12 strength. If you have exactly 2 copies of each bronze card in your starting deck, Strengthen all loyal Bronze and Silver units in your hand and deck by 1. Strengthen all loyal Gold units in your hand and deck by 2. This card is always in your starting hand. Replaces the one card finisher with a boost to your overall deck power. The card also promotes swarm-ish gameplay.
I don't like the idea of nova becoming a second foltest. Also by promoting swarm nova so heavily you disincentivize several other potential nova decks. I think the card should stay as a simple big finisher which is designed for newer players who are looking for simple but effective ways to construct decks to learn the game.

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
Ciri 9 Strength, no Armor. If Ciri returns to your hand, she cannot be mulliganed by any means. Increases base power at the cost of weakening the card in later rounds, since you cannot trade it in for a better card from your deck. Pure card advantage.
This idea is actually amazing. :) I hope it makes it into the game, because it would keep its interesting effect and become playable but though it would give you card advantage by making it unswappable it couldn't give you massive value. I'm just not sure if 9 points are a good idea for this card though as it could be killed by alzur. Though it should be easy to counter because of its powerful effect I think that similarly to Villentretenmerth it should require slightly more investment than 1 alzur to be killed. Maybe you should just add 1 armor to your suggested effect.

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
Gaunter O'Dimm 8 Strength. Summon this unit from your deck or graveyard when you have the first play in the first or third round. Helps decks that have problems when going first. If you go second, this card can still be summoned in the third round if you won the second round.
I love the effect but don't think it belongs to Gaunter. I wish that Gaunter would return to something similar to its old state, because it used to be a card like Avallac'h the sage. Something which was never intended to be playable but was just a fun card to mess around with if you wanted a more casual experience. Also I don't think that it should trigger when in the graveyard, because that would make it provide massive value if you go first and lose the first round. Other than that I think that this suggestion is incredible :). I just think that it should belong to something different or even new like Geralt: Axii (confusing the opponent and appearing when the match starts) or another more fitting card.

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
Lambert: Swordmaster 6 Strength. Deal 2 damage to a unit for each special card in your hand.
I don't think Lambert should change, it was intended to be a tech card and still is, it will simply take some time before it sees play, but eventually I'm sure that it will. For example if cursed nr or slave infantry nilfgaard ever become a popular deck which people struggle to deal with this card will be available to counter it. Furthermore the effect of your suggestion isn't particularly useful as special cards are mostly removal or tech cards (and probably won't even be in your hand because you'll be using tutors instead), and the last thing you need when your hand is filled with removal is more of it.

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
Lesser Demons/Iris'Companions Weaken it to 4 Strength (from 11). Instead of discarding a card at random, banish a chosen card. Makes the card much more consistent, at the cost of base strength and losing discard synergy.
I like the consistent effect but think that 4 points are too few for it. Compare it to fransesca which is a leader which is worth 10 and has elf and boost synergy, and is still rarely seen. I think this card could easily be 5 or even 6 points with this effect as a silver card.

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
King of Beggars 9 Strength. Choose an enemy unit and move up to 2 copies of it from your opponent's deck to their graveyard. I will propose a Sweers and Nekker change in my Nilfgaard and Monsters overhaul, respectively. This is not an effect that should be restricted to one faction only.
I agree that we need this tech option as a neutral less binary option, however I think that King of Beggars has an interesting effect which simply doesn't work because of how little it is worth, rather than the cards effect being problematic. Similarly to with your gaunter suggestion I like the suggestion but think that it should belong to a different neutral card, perhaps even a completely new one.

I think a lot of your changes would create a more interesting neutral pool however a few of them have issues which are easy to fix such as mechanical changes (commander's horn) or a rework being applied to the wrong card (gaunter o'dimm, king of beggars). As a whole I like the idea of these changes though and am looking forward to seeing your other suggestions for specific factions :).

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
Ciri
9 Strength, no Armor. If Ciri returns to your hand, she cannot be mulliganed by any means.
Increases base power at the cost of weakening the card in later rounds, since you cannot trade it in for a better card from your deck. Pure card advantage.

Too much of a punishment here, for something that dies from an AThunder. She needs to go out of that range in the first place.

DannyGuy;n10454402 said:
Target drawing anything from your deck is really powerful. Think about it for a second. Treat is as you would Operator. You will play this card no matter how weak the body is...

That is why the part that let it draw anything is the part that needs to be changed. Make it get a highest unit or something else like that. I personally think the one that says he'd play this kind of card even if it's on 1 stat will find that to be really wrong. We already have a card that lets you get any card, but why we don't see it everywhere? It has 10 stats, and trigger mulligan effects, but why not every scoiatael deck plays her? The reason is due to her stat, fracesca is only a 10 points, but because she triggers mulligan effects she can be playable.

Tbh, that effect is very fine at 10 points. 10 points might even be too weak, but I think it's acceptable.

There's no comparison on this and Operator. Operator gains value by giving your opponent a dead card for them, measured in 5 (Operator's points) vs what points your opponent get from what you gave them. Then it's kind-of helped by what value you can get with that 1 more bronze unit. To sum up, playing Operator requires the proper target, and even then, Operator himself is just ~6-8 points play by himself (this includes what you give to your opponent), that still need a value-help from what it copied to you.

PeteTheN00b;n10455392 said:
A lot of these changes seem good, but some appear to have slight problems in my opinion which could easily be tweaked.

I don't like the idea of nova becoming a second foltest. Also by promoting swarm nova so heavily you disincentivize several other potential nova decks. I think the card should stay as a simple big finisher which is designed for newer players who are looking for simple but effective ways to construct decks to learn the game.

This idea is actually amazing. :) I hope it makes it into the game, because it would keep its interesting effect and become playable but though it would give you card advantage by making it unswappable it couldn't give you massive value. I'm just not sure if 9 points are a good idea for this card though as it could be killed by alzur. Though it should be easy to counter because of its powerful effect I think that similarly to Villentretenmerth it should require slightly more investment than 1 alzur to be killed. Maybe you should just add 1 armor to your suggested effect.

I love the effect but don't think it belongs to Gaunter. I wish that Gaunter would return to something similar to its old state, because it used to be a card like Avallac'h the sage. Something which was never intended to be playable but was just a fun card to mess around with if you wanted a more casual experience. Also I don't think that it should trigger when in the graveyard, because that would make it provide massive value if you go first and lose the first round. Other than that I think that this suggestion is incredible :). I just think that it should belong to something different or even new like Geralt: Axii (confusing the opponent and appearing when the match starts) or another more fitting card.

I don't think Lambert should change, it was intended to be a tech card and still is, it will simply take some time before it sees play, but eventually I'm sure that it will. For example if cursed nr or slave infantry nilfgaard ever become a popular deck which people struggle to deal with this card will be available to counter it. Furthermore the effect of your suggestion isn't particularly useful as special cards are mostly removal or tech cards (and probably won't even be in your hand because you'll be using tutors instead), and the last thing you need when your hand is filled with removal is more of it.

I like the consistent effect but think that 4 points are too few for it. Compare it to fransesca which is a leader which is worth 10 and has elf and boost synergy, and is still rarely seen. I think this card could easily be 5 or even 6 points with this effect as a silver card.

I agree that we need this tech option as a neutral less binary option, however I think that King of Beggars has an interesting effect which simply doesn't work because of how little it is worth, rather than the cards effect being problematic. Similarly to with your gaunter suggestion I like the suggestion but think that it should belong to a different neutral card, perhaps even a completely new one.

I think a lot of your changes would create a more interesting neutral pool however a few of them have issues which are easy to fix such as mechanical changes (commander's horn) or a rework being applied to the wrong card (gaunter o'dimm, king of beggars). As a whole I like the idea of these changes though and am looking forward to seeing your other suggestions for specific factions :).

Ciri: Nova
Fair enough, you are entitled to your own opinion. Dennis Cranmer is already a thing, and so is Ruehin. Noonse seems to have aproblem with thise cards.

Ciri
Thank you for the praise. I think Ciri should stay vulnerable to Alzur's Thunder. After all, Card advantage (even if it's just 9 points in terms of value) is super powerful, and if it'd survive everything, it'd be really hard to play around the card.

Gaounter o'Dimm
I actually think that this effect is perfect for Gaunter. I understand that you want to make some sort of pact with the devil though. I won't butt in!

Lambert
This seems to be thrown around quite a lot. I've personally never seen Lambert played on ladder, and I don't play him myself. Looking back, he is indeed fine, he's just waiting for the right meta.

Lesser Demons
Fine, 6 points it is.

King of Beggars
I thought about King of Beggars' ability more in-depth, and I think that it could actually work well in decks that build up towards a large power swing, but struggle to keep up tempo - wise. The problem is that he can only ever tie, which you don't want unless you're in the 3rd round. King of Beggars' Threshold needs to increase, or maybe make him boost by the point difference instead, to put you ahead.

Rawls;n10450462 said:
Interesting. Might be OP but is interesting. I dunno.

I don't think so, it'd bring Saesenthessis: Blaze to an average value close to what Ciri: Nova is currently at, so around 22 points (if you banish your hand early) in most cases (which is also the average value for a lot of gold), and in addition of being vulnerable to Scorch/Igni it'd also be vulnerable to Mandrake/Mardroeme, which Ciri: Nova isn't.

Moreover Saesenthessis: Blaze works only in very specific decks, similarly to Ciri: Nova where you have to put two copies for each bronze, which slightly limits your deck, with Saesenthessis: Blaze you have to put a lot of trash cards that you’re going to banish, and few strong cards that are going to become easier to get after the banishment, for instance Saesenthessis: Blaze has a good synergy with Ciri: Dash because you insure that you’ll get Ciri: Dash in the later rounds, and eventually other strong finisher like Shupe's Day Off or Ciri: Nova. Furthermore Saesenthessis: Blaze works well in mill heavy decks with cards like Alba Spearman or Avallac'h, and would be even better with that buff. Nevertheless in both cases we’re talking about decks that are going very tall, with very little reliance of bronze cards, with the exception of Alba Spearman, and are vulnerable to Scorch/Igni, or locks in the case of Ciri: Dash.

So yes I’d love to see that change made to Saesenthessis: Blaze, would make the card more competitive for sure, rather than being a bad joke.

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
Saskia: Dragonfire
Only banish Bronze and Silver cards. Boost self by 1 for each banished card.

Last edited:
Alch1mist;n10490902 said:
I don't think so, it'd bring Saesenthessis: Blaze to an average value close to what Ciri: Nova is currently at, so around 22 points (if you banish your hand early) in most cases (which is also the average value for a lot of gold), and in addition of being vulnerable to Scorch/Igni it'd also be vulnerable to Mandrake/Mardroeme, which Ciri: Nova isn't.
The points isn't the problem IMO, it's the not banishing golds. You can already try to mulligan them now ... and not having the risk of losing them gives the player a really good shot at 4 golds in hand almost every game.

DannyGuy;n10450322 said:
This is my big balance overhaul. I'd just like to share some of my opinions and ideas with the community. Hopefully, someone will read this.

Aguara
Choose 2:
Deal 5 damage to an enemy
Boost an ally by 5.
Charm an enemy with 3 or less strength.
Boost two units in your hand by 3.
Removes weird elf punish and removes randomness

Choose 2:
5 damage
Boosts ally by 5
Charm the highest enemy with 4 or less strength. ( The SC abush charm card is equally powerful no reason to not make a gold as powerful)
Bost one random or not unit in hand by 5

This is big it should stay its one way to make NR somewhat decent and gives them a good finisher in Seltkirk. You buff him to 13 and he can do some real magic... like killing Ciri:Nova. Which is fine imo.

Top Bottom