Balancing cards- The way you want.

+
I am making this thread to express my conserns mainly about cards that are not overpowered and need just some slight adjustments to make it into the current meta.
So i was thinking about lots of cards and how to make them more interactive with other low popular cards.
Weaves incantation- draw 2 random relicts or cursed. Play one and put the other one in your graveyard. I mean the cursed part os just to make olgierd not that of a lone card and she can find place in the new imlerith organic since monster lack deck slimming. And i know she has place in the ghoul- fiends decks but still not that godo rates.
Mourntard- consume all the silver and bronze units from your oponents graveyard and boost self by one for each. see now you can play her with Draug and she can actually start competing for slots i nthe monster decks. Since she has plenty of competition.
Abaya- spawn torential rain clear skyes or CROW'S EYE- now you have crow eye archtype in the monsters faction with a card known as whispering hillock.
Wolf's bane strenghten the strongest unit by 3 and weaken the weakest unit by 3. Every 3 turns in your grave strenghten the strongest friendly unit by 3 and weaken the weakest enemy by 3. - So by the end of the days its the effect of a bronze weather card for the rest of the game not that strong for a gold card but it has its perks. And make it just organic i dont want to see viper witchers abusing this one :D.
Black blood - becoming a organic. I mean the reason whispering hillock sucks is that the whole organic section of the game being alchemy or special instead of organic.
Ocvist- after 2 turns return to your hand. Immune.- Yey weather cards get the so needed tempo boost for the turns you are left with just spamming your weather card. Now not only monster weather can be tier one and the axemans will finaly get their chance to outshine GS.
Commanders horn- boost 4 ajesent units by 4 or strenghten all your units on board by 1. Hello triss: but friend now not only is triss but a begginer friendly card but she has archetype. Not to mention that ahakam ale is 15 points of stats played with vicovaro or whatever suport it gets its not fitting to be better than silver cards.
Necromance banish 2 units from either players graveyard and spawn a 1 powered cursed unit that gets boosted by half the total of those units power
Arachas venom deal 4 damage to a unit each turn.- Not that it will help thaat particilar card. I only mention it becouse it doesnt feel like venom. And its not bad card as it is but the organics ar enot an archtype that is played at all.
I wouldnt give out opinion on other than monster-neutral faction since i play only one deck of each other faction :D But if viper witchers get erased from the game no one would miss them :D. And yo ucan give your opinion about every card you like here

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the game will change a lot with Homecoming. Most cards will be changed and even the ones that remain the same will not necessarily be as strong or weak.

As long as we haven't played the Homecoming version of Gwent, there's not much to discuss here. Besides, suggestions for card balancing usually make more sense in the suggestions are here in these forums.

Well i was thinking to move it to suggestions. But i am not suggesting things this is how i feel things can be. And i want my thread to be open to make people write all kinds of ridiculous things. Maybe someone will think a gards should get nurfed like that imlerith: sabath thread that followed a amazing nurf to a gold card becomin 5 value :D. I prefer a bit more open conversation so more people can post things. But i can reopen it to suggestions its not that late . Oh it is late its moved.

Yeah, and as said before, as long as we haven't seen the new version of Gwent a discussion won't get us far. Before Homecoming the game won't change. It would be way too much speculation at this point.

Besides, Imlerith Sabbath has been 5 strength since the beginning.

:D well if all is speculation than this thread should be moved to general :D. And let people speculate.
As for sabath he should have been at least 7 strenght without the armor ,something getting wrecked by mandrake is bad. and don't give him armor just heal him or just give him armor don't heal him. His mechanic can get out of hand with a bad deck I do agree with that.
And i really don't know how much gwent will change for homecoming. I doubt it will be a diffenert game like everyone is babling. It will be different in terms of card strategy. But the core gameplay will stay ( something a lot of people complain in vain ). I mean you still get to calculate values etc. Its just going to be different values.
If you have to compare The witcher 3 gwent to the game Gwent they don't have the same cards etc. therefore you can say they are different games. So homecoming in my opinion will be something like that. New strategies, new abilities, new stats but the same game. May be with some new situations like with the 2 rolls etc. But still the same game. I really don't think it will be as most people complain about the forum that the game will be ruined. It still is GWENT i don't think if the core of the game is gettign changed they would stick to the same name after that.

Yes I think this could go with the situation of netdecking discussion: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...g-discussion-why-is-eveyone-doing-it.8108430/

When we start to see so cards be used across different decks/factions and even strategies that means that are at least slight more powerful than all the others.
Which makes me think would be appreciated if the developers could keep track of netdeckings, and start to fine tuning the "numbers" in the cards.

The idea behind this is give unpopular cards the chance to compete with the ones that are popular enough.

And sometimes is not just a matter of nerf a card, but maybe a lot of cards are not just been played in decks because they don't offer much.

Find a way to give each faction a chance to have a T1 deck is crucial, and then variations of the deck that don't have all the top cards to combo with in the most optimal way, but at least the alternative cards to you are using as a replacement for achieve some functions/combos in your deck will make your deck fit in a T2, and T3 category.

To demonstrate that, I will take the example of Monsters deck.
Atm they are classified as T2, in that range you have the Deathwish and Consumer decks. None of them have Celaeno Harpy, even that this card have deathwish effect that combines with Consume card abilities.
Arachas Queen would benefit from the Harpy eggs, although Arachas consumes 3 units while Harpy spawn only 2 eggs, so not 100% in sync... I agree 3 eggs would leave the Arachas overpowerful, but that could be balanced bringing down the boost of the consumed eggs to only +1, so each egg would give 2 of power addition to Arachas, with that sense Harpy would generate a less outcome in the end, so to balance that we could increase to 2 the power of the unit Harpy Hatchling that is spawned after the death/consummation of the egg, or leave it as 1 but give them a resilience ability, or maybe the effect to spawn a new card called Harpy drones, this last option would be similar to effect created by the combo Arachas Behemoth that can spawn Arachas Hatchiling when you consume a unit, and Arachas Hatchiling can spawn Arachas drones.
Btw Arachas Behemoth and Arachas drones does not show up in the current meta...

So to resume, game still needs to find it's way to have more strategies available for each faction, as well make each faction a way to have T1, T2 and T3 decks, and in addition to that would be nice if different faction could have more than one strategy, like each faction could have strategies that triggers damage over time, spawn strategy, debuff strategy, draw and swap strategy, resilience strategy(I really want to see a T1 deck with this), consumable/deathwish/ressurect strategy...
In that sense some factions will perform better with some strategies them others, but at least each faction will have variety, and this variety will give each faction the possibility to have decks in different tier.

Another card that seems too week is She-Troll of Vergen.
I think it's base power should be 4 or 5 not just 1. First of all Deathwish bronze units doesn't have a high base power for the begging of the discussion.

Another card that seems too week is She-Troll of Vergen.
I think it's base power should be 4 or 5 not just 1. First of all Deathwish bronze units doesn't have a high base power for the begging of the discussion.
She-Troll is very soldid. You can eat the following standard deathwishcards(Body She-troll +Deathwishpoints: D'ao (7+8=15 card), Archespore (8+4=12), Rotfiend (9+?), Nekker (mind. 5 +5, but easiely more; depends how well fed the nekkers are) So you got a solid value of 15, if played correct even more than 20 points from her, while thinning you deck. You nearly dont need any preparations for her, so i think she is very good.

so i think she is very good.

She is very limited, at the moment, because there are only two decent targets: Rotfiend and D'ao. Archespore with a total of 12 strength is weak for a silver card and no one uses Nekkers with her.

Limited yes, but no weak. Even if you make her body to 5, why should you eat archespore, if you can eat a D'ao instead? The limitation remains with a body of 5

I think she troll was nurfed. Like all the other deathwish cards ,they used to have silver cards in the card pool, So the combo with her and prize winning cow is amazing value with a bit of weak slimming since it decreases the silver cards pool for a total of 18 power. But when people started complaining about the other silver deathwish that resurrected itself the card became too powerfull. So she was t1 card. And even after the nurfs she is still a solid choise for neckers deck. Note that the monster faction lacks deck slimming effects. At least not reliable ones since the monsters swarming potential was very high and a 2 combo card would yeld you very high ammounts of points like kaleno harpy and the dragon card that consumed 2 stuff its a solid 6 drop and a solid 20 power for the draconid dude with a chance of spawning other harpyes :D. So the monster deck slimming effects are mostly those copyes of 3 cards that spawn themselfs like the foglings, arachas drones, harpyes, wild hunt mages and hounds etc. Or the crones but slimming 3 silver cards really hurts the compatibility of your deck most strategyes rely heavily on silver and gold cards to make high points. And arachas wueen is much more powerfull with deathwish cards rather than the regular consume cards like the arachas behemoths.

Top Bottom