Bandit deck building help

+
I love building decks, and my favorite seems to be the easiest ones to build. Which are archetype/keyword decks. I've wanted to build a bandit deck for a while but haven't really had the card to do so. That has obviously changed.

I have a couple of questions

which faction and why?

2. which leader ability and why?

3. strategies any and all.

Please and thanks!!

Well Northern Realms is the only faction with a bronze bandit and It has also has a few armor related cards.

Otherwise you could mix bandits with Living Armor in a Nilfgaard deck. Try to win round one with bandits + free company, then short round with alchemists and Living Armor as your win con. Pick any leader other than Double cross and Imperial formation

I think certain bandit cards can be used in other decks but not as like a general theme. They just dont have enough points.

Olgierd for adjacent damage in SK
Carlo in dwarves or in general
Gascon:Iron falcon I use in thrive/assimilate
One eyed betsy to kill patience cards

I dont see a deck where you have a board full of bandits and win the game.

I do hope they come out with more support for them though

DRK3

Forum veteran
If you make a full bandit deck, it wont be too good. Mostly because bandits usually revolve around armor and armor wont get you points. They only have one engine (the bronze one that boosts by 1 when it has armor), and it still requires 2 cards to setup, unlike most faction engines.

The best synergies with armor are NR (with Trololol or Redanian Archer), NG (Living Armor deck) or SK (Dracoturtle+Iris, that gold ship that damages by its armor,...)

The only explosive play bandits can do is vs MO, against a Yghern you can use that bronze bandit that removes armor and instantly kill it, always fun to do (you can try to luck out and get him through Gascon IF).

The only bandit deck I use is many bandits + Dracoturtle + Iris
(https://www.playgwent.com/de/decks/guides/34798)

I modified the deck a bit:
leader: Onslaught
More bandit cards to get more value from free company
Wagenburg to boost Dracoturtle more
Korathi Heatwave as tall removal
Dacing Star bomb and Harwin as response to swarm decks

=> If you have last say in round 3 and your Dracoturtle survives your victory can be awesome but on PRO rank the winning probability is lower than 50 per cent.

I’ve had some success with an all neutral deck mixing bandits with a lot of heavy removal. But you might not consider it a true bandit deck, and it probably doesn’t fare well against good competition.

Top Bottom