Banishing cards from graveyard - is that really have any sense?

+

Sj8407

Forum regular
I want to ask You, if in Your opinion banishing of opponent's cards from graveyard really have any reasonabe sense taking under consideration provinsion cost of banishing cards and it's small points value, and - of course - it's bricking when You face deck that does not play any replayed cards. Hoever now many decks use Echos so there is always something to banish. Yet, even if there is, I noticed, that even if I banish, let's call it: first choice card for replay, opponent always have backup plan and plays other, a little bit less steong card, but still very powerfull. For example: I once banished SC WoB from my opponents graverd, so they played two time call of forest instead. I banished wild boar of the sea, so they played morvgaarg or heimdall instead. I banished cerys, yet they played three Drummond Guards still for 12 points. I banished NG scenario, so they played two times Damien. And so one, and so one. So m question is: does really banishing cards have reasonable sense?

I think with the new SK deck, banishing the strong cards from the graveyard in R1 and R2 would be good. SInce SK MM relies heavily on R3 imo.

This is a common issue with tech cards that are "hate cards", cards specifically designed to counter 1 thing. Bomb heaver being another good example of this. In matchups where they work they get incredible value and probably win you the game.
When they are useless they just brick your hand and become a forced mulligan.

This is why I don't like hate cards. They don't provide interesting counterplay just if/then scenarios that aren't really exciting and they don't make you think about how to play around or deal with something.

Idk, I think Banish is essential in this meta if you're trying to play control. It's too bad Xavier is kind of a bad card, or I would use it more, but I still don't mind running a squirrel, Northern wind and a heatwave in one of my control decks. I rolled a GS vs pretty hard the other day by banishing freaking everything with those 3 cards plus another wind from Tris Tele. Also works well vs MO, where you can easily get Yghern and Goliat out. Aside from that, Heatwave is just all around good tall/defender removal, the wind is pretty useless outside of SK, and maybe Flying Red, unless you catch an unprotected/unboosted 4point engine to knock off the board, and the squirrel can steal some echo cards, which sometimes is a big deal.

Top Bottom