Barber Shops, Tattoo/Piercing Parlors, Plastic Surgery, etc.

+
After customizing our character in the beginning of the game, I really hope we're not stuck with the same haircuts, facial hair, tattoos, piercings, facial features, body type, voice, etc. This is cyberpunk after all, it fits within the themes of transhumanism that we can change our bodies in any way, at any time. There might be limitations because of story reasons, but I think giving extra flexibility would be highly appreciated. The body is like a vehicle for the brain, and like a vehicle, we can customize its aesthetics in any way we'd like.

Stop it, you make me wanna place a big spoiler on my forehead and fire stickers on the cheeks... :ohstopit:
Haha more seriously, cyberpunk genre is the one with most variety of looks. Colors, cuts, implants, etc... and so on. It makes a ton of work just for making these body parts...
I don't mind (at start) getting a tenth of all the custom options, if they could add more stuff with further updates.

I like the idea . There were barber shops in TW3 so i think some thing like this will be in CP2077.

I guess i am on my own here but i don`t want V`s hair / beard to keep growing like TW3 . If i pick a Mohawk or shaved sides i don`t want to have to go back to a barber to keep it looking the way i picked . The same with a beard , if i pick stubble or a goatee i don`t want to have to go back again .

Lots of customization makes sense for first person game, to make all the characters look cool and such, first person focuses much more on NPCs than third person one. Yeah we dont know though how much cutscenes this game has, but it story driven game so I would imagine a ton. Definitely worth the investment especially if CDPR keeps doing first person story driven gamesi n the future too.

Last edited:
If this was the case in the recent Witcher games then I think we can expect the same here. Fallout 4 also comes to mind as I play it at this time (for the xth time), there you can go to barbers or surgeons (even add them to your settlements) and change aspects of your look even later down the line.

It shouldn't be rocket science (compared to other things) to implement while pleasing players, and it was there "before", so I reckon we can likely expect it.

Well, there was a barber in W3, who could grow you hair and beard, so it is safe to assume that similar feature will be implemented in CP. I wonder if it will include different hair styles not only for the head area... :)

After customizing our character in the beginning of the game, I really hope we're not stuck with the same haircuts, facial hair, tattoos, piercings, facial features, body type, voice, etc. ..

It is an FPP game, so does it really matter? You are hardly ever going to see the modifications anyway.

Yeah would be pretty great if they also put some tattoos, those skin wires, hairstyles and other customizable parts as a collectibles in open world. Like you would be collecting plans which you can then take to barber, or some other guy to install them on you.

Collectibles done well 👍

After customizing our character in the beginning of the game, I really hope we're not stuck with the same haircuts, facial hair, tattoos, piercings, facial features, body type, voice, etc. This is cyberpunk after all, it fits within the themes of transhumanism that we can change our bodies in any way, at any time. There might be limitations because of story reasons, but I think giving extra flexibility would be highly appreciated. The body is like a vehicle for the brain, and like a vehicle, we can customize its aesthetics in any way we'd like.
Why does any of the customization matter bro if we're unable to see our character whenever we want via close up or otherwise. And please don't talk to me about mirrors, inventory screen and the like. Those are horrible alternatives to view the character we're going to be spending millions of hours with.

Lots of customization makes sense for first person game, to make all the characters look cool and such, first person focuses much more on NPCs than third person one. Yeah we dont know though how much cutscenes this game has, but it story driven game so I would imagine a ton. Definitely worth the investment especially if CDPR keeps doing first person story driven gamesi n the future too.
In TPP it makes absolute sense. In FPP, not so much and its harder for anyone to buy that idea. You can't ever see your character unless you're at select, curated places where the devs want you to go. The inventory screen is a subpar, bad alternative. Imagine playing the witcher and the only time yoy can see your Geralt is referring to the incentory screen. It would suck lol. TPP makes absolute sense b/c you can see all of the hard and meticulous work you poured into him/her whenever you want.

In TPP it makes absolute sense. In FPP, not so much and its harder for anyone to buy that idea. You can't ever see your character unless you're at select, curated places where the devs want you to go.
Wouldn't you just whip out a smartphone equivalent and shoot a selfie if you want to know how you look and no mirror is around? Kinda like in real life, where you also (hopefully) dress yourself despite the "wrong" perspective...^^

Why does any of the customization matter bro if we're unable to see our character whenever we want via close up or otherwise. And please don't talk to me about mirrors, inventory screen and the like. Those are horrible alternatives to view the character we're going to be spending millions of hours with.

I think there will be a photo mode included in CP so i would assume that you will be able to see your character EVERYTIME you want. I realize is not what YOU want mate, but this is a CDPR's decision from the get-go, not a double-secret punch they threw at us. Is also hard for everyone because the game isn't out yet, but let us try to trust in their vision before jumping into rushed conclusions.

In TPP it makes absolute sense. In FPP, not so much and its harder for anyone to buy that idea. You can't ever see your character unless you're at select, curated places where the devs want you to go. The inventory screen is a subpar, bad alternative. Imagine playing the witcher and the only time yoy can see your Geralt is referring to the incentory screen. It would suck lol. TPP makes absolute sense b/c you can see all of the hard and meticulous work you poured into him/her whenever you want.

Wah?

This game is gonna be like this.

Sure those characters "pop out" much better. First person cutscenes are sold by the characters almost entirely, what they do, how they look, not to mention what player can do to them, somekind of "interactive first persons" would be nice. For example, you walk in, scene starts, then theres some hot girl who start shaking her ass, you could flirt at him if you wanted or you could just do nothing and let the scene keep going.

Last edited:
Hard meticulous work? The character creation stuff we've seen is super basic. Don't worry too hard about wasted time, you won't be slaving away at your character.

Slaving away or not, the character customization in this game is deep (that's based on CD PROJEKT'S word in the dev vids) and we're supposed to be spending X amount of time to achieve the character that we want. It still seems like an absurd and wasted idea to give the player a lot of options for aesthetics if you will only be able to see your character during heavily curated moments in the game. Doesn't make sense in a IP where the devs are heavily committed to making it entirely FPP including cutscenes. This time and energy could've been spent elsewhere. Bethesda the king of FPP action RPGS give players' a TPP option b/c they realize the importance of seeing your character with all of the customization involved. I wish CD thought the same.

Slaving away or not, the character customization in this game is deep (that's based on CD PROJEKT'S word in the dev vids) and we're supposed to be spending X amount of time to achieve the character that we want. It still seems like an absurd and wasted idea to give the player a lot of options for aesthetics if you will only be able to see your character during heavily curated moments in the game. Doesn't make sense in a IP where the devs are heavily committed to making it entirely FPP including cutscenes. This time and energy could've been spent elsewhere. Bethesda the king of FPP action RPGS give players' a TPP option b/c they realize the importance of seeing your character with all of the customization involved. I wish CD thought the same.

Visual customization is not deep, what they talk about is your characters abilities and stats. The visual customization is pretty basic from everything we've seen. Even the 2018 footage that showed more was stupid basic. Their energy was put elsewhere, because it certainly wasn't put into the character creation.

It seems most people use TPP in optional games for screenshots, which is fine. If THAT isn't an option, then you'd have something to complain about. Far Cry 5 did this fine with a fully FPP game and TPP camera mode.

Top Bottom