BARRELS, HUNDREDS OF THEM

+
Barrels, Hundreds of Them

That's why Gwint called Barrel in English perchance. :p

CDPR has been way to generous with ore... Yet every time they announce preoder for expansion a lot of people start to complain. Guys, they need to make money, you know!

I agree. The resources in this game are bountiful, all you need to do is to play, show a little patience, and you can get anything you like.

I’ve been playing a year and a half, logging in daily and completing all daily quests, as well as completing all or nearly all journeys. I don’t play so much that I ever exceed the daily crown limit and I frequently can’t claim all bonus crowns — I probably average about an hour a day. At the rate I am progressing, it will take me another 6 months to acquire a complete basic set of cards.

While I am greatful that I can obtain all cards for free, I would not call that rate of progress fast; although it has not been so slow that I’ve lost interest in trying — which probably means it is about perfect from the company’s point of view. From my point of view, it is pretty slow — much slower than the last ccg I played where I had a complete set of cards in about a year.

Whether progress is “too slow” is entirely up to the developers — all I can do is make comparisons. I can say that releasing new cards in an expansion only months after the first batch of those cards is released is far harder on non-paying players. With previous expansions, by saving resources for a month or two before the expansion was released, then buying expansion barrels, I was able to get all bronze cards and a quarter to a half of the golds. With POP using ultimate kegs I got under half the bronzes (including none of the neutrals which I was targeting), and only one gold. I did finally get a copy of Maddoc though :)

I have finally reach prestige 10, and, of course, i opened a lot of barrels.

I have already saved 54 barrels and i opened more 200.

I thought i could get better results, but i get some nice premium cards (and autoincluded) i dindt have yet (like breathans).

Now i have almost 36k pownder and i am missing 235 legendary premium, 188 epic premium, 64 rare (i am considering i need 2 copy of each bronze) and have all comun cards (included both copyes).

With the pownder i have saved i can almost craft all the epic and the rare i need (in fact i need 42k pownder), but of course i will not do it right now, since i will open more kegs in the future.

For the legendarys, well, thats will be a long road untill get all

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I'm only on prestige 4 but this thread somehow made me very determined to change that asap. I'm definitely not the one who says that he simply NEEDS to have every single premium in the game. But I still love the feeling when I get something special in the game, and Gwent is pretty damn generous in regards to that. I really loved playing Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links back then, but at some point you simply didn't have a single chance to have a very good deck every season. May I ask how long it took all of you to reach prestige 10? I've been playing for about a year now, always with some (more or less) short breaks in between.

I imagine geting prestige 10 will take around 4k hours total, assuming you're good at it.

I also thought about making my entire collection shiny, but first I need to complete it. I was quite sure I will be able to get all cards after this massive scrap fest, but still Gwent has so many cards I am missing over 20 legendaries.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I imagine geting prestige 10 will take around 4k hours total, assuming you're good at it.

I also thought about making my entire collection shiny, but first I need to complete it. I was quite sure I will be able to get all cards after this massive scrap fest, but still Gwent has so many cards I am missing over 20 legendaries.

Nah, not at all.

I got to Prestige 10 Lv60 a few months ago, when i had around 3k hours BUT the 1st 1k hours were on beta, and the progress there was slower, capped and hindered by resets, so when HC started, players that were Lv100 (max) on beta, became prestige 1, level 40.
This might seem like a good headstart, but it wasnt equivalent of the time committed on betas.

So, i would say 1500-2500 hours is a more accurate estimate for a player that only played in Gwent HC, starting from scratch all the way to max (which is supposed to give you a title but the contract has been bugged for months, maybe years :giveup:)

Regarding the premium collection, i actually finished mine before i even reached prestige 10, and never even spent a single cent on kegs or powder, however i had a huge amount of resources from betas and also did an optimized behaviour to speed up the process - give priority to transmuting legendaries, never milling cards i didnt have dupes, etc.

For me more or else with 1 year i reached prestige 10.

I have start in may/20 and Last month i reached prestige 10

After 18 months (almost to the day) I have finally reached Prestige 10 and it was my time to do some 'Smash Smash'

I'd been hoarding barrels for several months (from around Prestige 6 or 7) and collected 1130 of them

Main Page.png

It took me an hour and 43 minutes to smash them all. And here are the results:

Final.png

More.png

Apparently, you can mill only 3000 cards in one go, that's why there are two notifications.

I have also made nice progress in my 'Some People Just Like To Watch The World Burn' contract. If I keep my current pace and don't die of clogged arteries, I should have it in my pocket on Tuesday, 5 December 2028. Parit patientia palmam

I extrapolated my current progress, but I think it will be even worse than that... I have unlocked all main reward trees and most seasonals, completed a vast majority of contracts, and now the sources of barrels and ore are much more limited, so I guess the pace will also slow down. I've heard only about one guy who completed that contract, but he used some kind of loophole and even then took him many days to finish it.

Well, Patience is a Virtue, I guess ;)

Thats exactly what I have been doing, accumulating barrels until reaching prestige 4 so I can save a lot of dust crafting the anmated cards in the future.

After 18 months (almost to the day) I have finally reached Prestige 10 and it was my time to do some 'Smash Smash'

I'd been hoarding barrels for several months (from around Prestige 6 or 7) and collected 1130 of them

Apparently, you can mill only 3000 cards in one go, that's why there are two notifications.

I have also made nice progress in my 'Some People Just Like To Watch The World Burn' contract. If I keep my current pace and don't die of clogged arteries, I should have it in my pocket on Tuesday, 5 December 2028. Parit patientia palmam

Wow. That's dedication. I had a hard time holding off for about 6 weeks when I was closing in on Prestige 5. I can't imagine going 18 months without opening any... I've been focusing on premium cards of late and I'd get pretty bored without a goal or two that I can fuel with keg powder and lucky drops. I just finished a complete premium Scoia'tel collection today. :)

As for watching the world burn, it took me 17 months to get Confetti Machine (coincidentally I got that yesterday). That puts my completion estimate at sometime in late 2033, early 2034. Somehow I don't think I'll make it... :p

Top Bottom