Base game and expansions available separately on Nintendo Switch!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Updated on February 4th, 2021

Starting today (January 28th) gamers around the world are able to buy The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Nintendo Switch either as a Complete Edition containing the base game, both expansions and all free DLCs, or separately.

We decided to change the way we sell the game to allow everyone more flexibility. For the time being both versions will be available in Nintendo eShop but ultimately the Complete Edition will be withdrawn and replaced with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Hearts of Stone and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Blood and Wine as separate products.

Don’t worry, even after the Complete Edition is removed from eShop, you will be able to get the full set for the same price as before — in the near future we'll introduce a bundle containing all products. In addition, everyone who already owns the Complete Edition will keep it, and, to ensure that no one buys the game for the second time by accident, every owner of the digital version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition will receive a 100% discount on the base game and expansions in Nintendo eShop. The discount will be active in all regions from January 28th, 2021, with the exception of South & North Americas, where the discount will start working on February 7th, 2021.

Here’s a short FAQ:

Q: Will cross saves between Switch and PC still work?

A: Yes, cross saves will continue to work. Keep in mind that you need to have the same content both on the Switch and PC version for your saves to work.

For example, if you have the Game of the Year edition on PC you'll need to have the base game, expansions, and all free DLCs on Switch to fully use the cross saving feature. Likewise, you won't be able to use saves from the Game of the Year edition for PC if you only have the base game on Switch.

Q: What will happen to my physical version?

A: Players who purchased the Complete Edition game card will be able to play their version of the game just like before.

Q: If I delete the Complete Edition, will I still be able to download it again after it leaves the store?

A: Yes, if you already own the Complete Edition and decide to delete it, you'll be able to re-download the game even after it’s removed from the Nintendo eShop.

Q: Will my save files from the Complete Edition work on the base game and expansions?

A: Not directly, but you can make them work by first transferring them from Switch to PC and then back to Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:
good afternoon, I have the full version of the game but without the Pt Br language and now with the version without the dlc I saw you have to download, but it does not work in the full version. Is there any way to do dat right? Thanks

In addition, everyone who already owns the Complete Edition will keep it, and, to ensure that no one buys the game for the second time by accident, every owner of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition (digital or physical) will receive a 100% discount on the base game and expansions in Nintendo eShop.

How do we claim that we have The Witcher 3 Complete Edition in physical, the free digital version and expansions of the base game?

In addition, everyone who already owns the Complete Edition will keep it, and, to ensure that no one buys the game for the second time by accident, every owner of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition (digital or physical) will receive a 100% discount on the base game and expansions in Nintendo eShop.

I already have the digital version of the Complete Edition in the U.S. eshop, but when I try to download the base game there is no 100% discount.

Attachments

• 6b9896ba35c251bf9d24764e4603306.jpg
    6b9896ba35c251bf9d24764e4603306.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 271
Hi Alicja,

I saw the news about the separate version of Witcher: Wild Hunt on NS and try to get the separate version on US eshop because I bought the complete version here before. But I found that I got no discounts and the price of separate version is still the original cost. So I'd like to know the details.

Best,

Yvo

I have a European physical copy of The Witcher 3 Complete Edition and I would like to know if the language pack in PT-BR for this version will be released since in the base version there is a pack for that language.

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
Hey guys, the original article has been updated, sorry for any confusion.

good afternoon, I have the full version of the game but without the Pt Br language and now with the version without the dlc I saw you have to download, but it does not work in the full version. Is there any way to do dat right? Thanks
PT-BR has only been added to the base version and expansions (separate), there's no plan on adding additional language packs to Complete Edition.

I already have the digital version of the Complete Edition in the U.S. eshop, but when I try to download the base game there is no 100% discount.
The discount has been delayed in Americas, it will be available from February 7th :)

How do we claim that we have The Witcher 3 Complete Edition in physical, the free digital version and expansions of the base game?
Sorry for the confusion, the 100% discount applies to digital only.

I see the base game (in Australia) has more language options than the Complete Edition. Will more language packs be made available to the base game and expansions? (Specifically a pack including Chinese Language [subtitles] in Australia)

EDIT: I now see that, even though they're not listed, the base game includes subtitles: Arabic, Portuguese, Chinese (simplified), Czech, German, English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Chinese (assumedly traditional).

I am concerned about adding the DLC or any updates for fear they will remove the needed subtitles. It would be nice to get guarantee that this will not happen.

Last edited:
The base game from the Australian eShop contains the subtitles: Arabic, Portuguese, Chinese (simplified), Czech, German, English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Chinese.

Will any of these be lost if I add the DLC packs, Hearts of Stone, Blood & Wine, and the "16 Free DLCs" ?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom