Batman: Arkham Knight

+
Probably because it wasn't written by Paul Dini like Asylum and City. They pretty much showed him the door and wrote it themselves.
wow ! i didn't know about this.
for me, a game without a good story is a no-no, which is weird considering one of the key parts of arkham games is the STORY.
i wasn't really that hyped for this game, but now i completely lost my interrest:
bad story
40$ season pass
broken PC release

yeah, they done f***ed it up.

This is so fucked up. I have never heard that some game took back from Steam after launch because it was that bad. Well, at least my pre-order t-shirt is working fine...
The delay to Fall is not for only the Linux, and Mac?
I am seriously thinking about that I will be become a PS4 gamer, because PC port are just crap with a very few exception, which is close to almost nonexistent. I have no chance to build a PC like Angry Joe's for example.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/613938835915825152/photo/1

The name AngryJoe feels a bit mild now.............................

Nvidia are apparently working with WB to sort this fuckup out
Can't imagine Nvidia is pleased about having their name all over this farce

We are working with WB Games and the development teams to address the performance issues of the PC version of Batman Arkham Knight. We have made our QA and engineering resources available and will provide updates when they are available.

Finished the game, pretty neat, the ending is a bit... well kind of vague and on-point at the same time, hard to describe and the Arkham Knight's identitiy is really predictable. If you have 'some' knowledge about Batman then you know who it is, that was a bit disappointing but obvious twist is better than unexpected terrible twist.

The best thing about the game is:
Joker with his comments and... EVERYTHING Joker honestly. It's beyond hilarious.

Finished the game, pretty neat, the ending is a bit... well kind of vague and on-point at the same time, hard to describe and the Arkham Knight's identitiy is really predictable. If you have 'some' knowledge about Batman then you know who it is, that was a bit disappointing but obvious twist is better than unexpected terrible twist.

The best thing about the game is:
Joker with his comments and... EVERYTHING Joker honestly. It's beyond hilarious.

Wow that was fast. Are the side missions any good? Since the main story is apparently just alright.

Wow that was fast. Are the side missions any good? Since the main story is apparently just alright.
Side missions are... so-so, some a neat, some are not, but the biggest issue I have with them is almost none of them are marked, which means you need to run around each island a hundred times to find where the sidemission starts, and it's worse than it sounds 'on paper' because it's not that yuo just drive around a bit and they'll be found, you need to be in really close proximity or else it won't register. So you drive around each and every corner, then you'll have to fly around too, and you need to be really close - like 15metres for the game to detect there's a mission area here.

Some of that is eased by Detective Mission, for example there's a mission to rescue firefighters from a bunch of thugs, you can see their skeletons and it's obvious that there's probably a firefighter there getting beaten by armed thugs. There's some easy patterns to recognise but it doesn't always work.

Side missions are... so-so, some a neat, some are not, but the biggest issue I have with them is almost none of them are marked, which means you need to run around each island a hundred times to find where the sidemission starts, and it's worse than it sounds 'on paper' because it's not that yuo just drive around a bit and they'll be found, you need to be in really close proximity or else it won't register. So you drive around each and every corner, then you'll have to fly around too, and you need to be really close - like 15metres for the game to detect there's a mission area here.

Some of that is eased by Detective Mission, for example there's a mission to rescue firefighters from a bunch of thugs, you can see their skeletons and it's obvious that there's probably a firefighter there getting beaten by armed thugs. There's some easy patterns to recognise but it doesn't always work.

Did any challenge modes unlock for you? Like in the last game where you complete a goal and in the main menu new predator and combat challenge modes appear. I'm early in the game but I'm not seeing this happen.

-nevermind. I checked Twitter and saw requests for challenge maps. If those aren't even in the game, this is depressing.

Last edited:
Thankgod, this pile of shyte came together with Witcher 3 as i bought my new Nvidia graphics card. So it was not really hard to delete that Dreck and move on. Well at least i got the Witcher 3 and had fun with it. But Warn a Brother and crooksteady, no thank you, take your "games" and shove it up your ass!
That said, I don't believe anything will be fixed on the PC port since it was pulled. The only reason it was pulled from Steam was due to the alarming number of refunds and negative PR. In a few months when people have forgotten it'll be rereleased with a shiny new marketing campaign.
Tbh, Batman Arkham shyte was just the tip of an iceberg, it's not only a flawed game, it's the whole gaming industry in a nutshell.
Just sit down, have a beer and wait for the next Hype train to derail! The Divison anyone?

The name AngryJoe feels a bit mild now.............................

Nvidia are apparently working with WB to sort this fuckup out
Can't imagine Nvidia is pleased about having their name all over this farce
Also, Sefton Hill tweeted that rocksteady's "best engineers" are at the moment hard at work fixing it. There still might be some hope for the PC version after all. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom