Batman: Arkham Knight

+
Looks like Arkham Knight took a cue from CoD. A genuine next-gen innovation - quick-time-event funerals. =\

View attachment 17597

Attachments

• CoD Batman.jpg
    CoD Batman.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Holy freaking cow.
I sincerely hope this is a sign that they are taking this seriously and will fix the PC version and not just desperate damage control.
Same here. It would be really bad if they pulled from sale temporarily, but didn't compensate people who already bought it in some way. Right now it stinks of desperate crowd control.

Last edited:
What a disaster. I've never seen this happen before. One wonders how RS and WB gave birth to this mess, and who is really at fault.

WB and Rocksteady went so far as to suspend any more sales of Arkham Knight on PC.

Is this the first time that happened to an AAA title? Someone fucked up real bad when they outsourced the port. Heads will roll alright.

I really dodged the bullet by deciding to not buy it on release.

What a disaster. I've never seen this happen before. One wonders how RS and WB gave birth to this mess, and who is really at fault.

Really, i have seen that happen many times before. When Ubisoft released Silent Hunter IV the game was a Bugfest, the game was so bug riddled your Submarine sank right in Port when you started the game and that was back in 2007. They released 4 Patches and then abandonend the game, the game until today is only enjoyable with mods.
Same was when 1c Games released their game IL2-Cliffs of Dover in 2011, it was shoved out the door after 7 years of development and so riddled with bugs that it was borderline unplayable. They released a few patches and went awol, the game is just enjoyable today because there is a fine modding community out there, which btw solved many of the major issues of the game the developer couldn't. Honi soit qui mal y pense!

Releasing unfinished games like Batman Arkham Knight, is not uncommon within the AAA Games developers, it's part of the business plan, simple as that!
Relase today, patch tomorrow!
Batman Arkham Knight doesn't even has the option to change the games language, if you want to play the game in english rather than e.g. german or french, you have to tweak the ini file.
The Anti Aliasing function has opnly a on and off option, doesn't even mention which Kind of AA it uses, and so on and so forth.
The PS 4 version runs without major problems, which is fine for the PS4 users, otoh it's a clear indicator that all resources where used for the console development of that game and clearly nobody gave a fuck about the PC Version of said game.

At the end of the day it comes down to one point: They release crappy unfinished games deliberately and mostly they get away with it!
This behavior will not change, it will even become worse over the next years, just wait and see.

Stop preordering, stop believing the hype train and vote with your wallet!
Don't buy something because it's part of a franchise, buy something because it has quality!
Pretty simple, ain't it?

It's a shame, because gameplay, controls and graphics in this game are exquisite. I'm having fun with it even though it's all familiar territory, and no problems outside a memory leak. This is the game CDPR needs to look at in regard to basic controls. Definitely not the writing though...

Top Bottom