Battering ram + fresh crew - how does it work?

+
Battering ram + fresh crew - how does it work?

So after the latest update, I realized that battering rams are not as useful to me as they were before. It's only one damage point down, but interestingly enough, it changes a lot. So I was thinking about a machine substitution for those. However, the question that arose is that I am not able to figure out how fresh crew ability of battering ram works. For example, the fresh crew of reinforced ballista is pretty straightfoward. You play ballista, it damages enemy, you play a crewman, it repeats the deploy ability. But what about battering ram? I play the ram, it damages enemy for 2 and...? When I play out crew, it increases initial damage, but what is that for if I will never play the deploy ability again? Or is it supposed to work only with Kaedweni Siege Master?

VlkStinu Thread moved to Tactician's Corner -> Northern Realms.

To answer you question: in addition to using Siege Masters you can position two Crewman cards next to each other. Then play the Battering Ram between them for +2 initial damage.

There are quite a few cards with Crewman these days, so creating "pockets" for maximum machine efficiency isn't too hard. :D

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
If you play Battering Ram next to an unit with Crewmen, the Ram's initial damage is increased by one. If you play Kaedweni Siege Master next to a Battering Ram then the Ram's initial damage is also increased by one and it's deploy ability is triggered again.

And just one last thing - to trigger the fresh crew ability of battering ram, the ram needs to be placed right next to a crewman card? If I place it on the same row but not right next to a crewman, it will not work? So just to imagine that I have two crewman, I play one ram between them (that gives the ram 4 deploy damage) and I play another ram the next round and place it right next to the previous ram, I get just one fresh crew boost from the unit on the right from the ram?

VlkStinu;n9644541 said:
And just one last thing - to trigger the fresh crew ability of battering ram, the ram needs to be placed right next to a crewman card? If I place it on the same row but not right next to a crewman, it will not work? So just to imagine that I have two crewman, I play one ram between them (that gives the ram 4 deploy damage) and I play another ram the next round and place it right next to the previous ram, I get just one fresh crew boost from the unit on the right from the ram?

Correct. :)

Top Bottom