Battle Rush to be a permanent mode

+
Who wants BATTLE RUSH to be a permanent mode in Gwent? :howdy:
You would get no support for this from me. Thanks to the broken interface, battle rush is utterly unplayable on mobile devices.

Even if it were playable, I would much rather the effort go to preventing broken combinations from ruining the other existing seasonal modes and creating new seasonal modes to encourage more player innovation.

Finally, for me, one of the the three things that most inhibits my enjoyment of the game is the impatience demonstrated by certain players (forfeiting without even playing a card, spamming “hurry up” — sometimes before the interface even recognizes it’s my turn. The only things worse are, in order, the garbage interface that doesn’t recognize actions, that lags so badly I can’t tell whether an action wasn’t recognized or hasn’t been executed, and that often performs actions not desired. And the enormous number of overly powered cards that force excessive removal and eliminate the possibility of interesting, tactical interactions.

You would get no support for this from me. Thanks to the broken interface, battle rush is utterly unplayable on mobile devices.

Even if it were playable, I would much rather the effort go to preventing broken combinations from ruining the other existing seasonal modes and creating new seasonal modes to encourage more player innovation.

Finally, for me, one of the the three things that most inhibits my enjoyment of the game is the impatience demonstrated by certain players (forfeiting without even playing a card, spamming “hurry up” — sometimes before the interface even recognizes it’s my turn. The only things worse are, in order, the garbage interface that doesn’t recognize actions, that lags so badly I can’t tell whether an action wasn’t recognized or hasn’t been executed, and that often performs actions not desired. And the enormous number of overly powered cards that force excessive removal and eliminate the possibility of interesting, tactical interactions.
Agree with everything.

Mobile its litterily unplayable mode. In the past i have a moment where i was playing more seasonal mode than "normal" mode, and this seasonal was the only i didnt played.

I know someone will quote us and say something like "every seasonal mode you need to think the deckbuilding to adapt the seasonal". Buut, as i said one billion time, its not only adapt the deck (more deploys, less order and etc) but its the fact that mobile players has disvantage against pc players.

So, even if i adapt the deckbuilding, my time will end and i will discard more cards than my opponent for the simple fact the game didnt recognize the touch or something like that.

Also, as someone said in another topic created, gwent in mobile have more problems than other games. In the past few weekends so many times the game frozen and i couldnt do nothing, only see the time pass and the card being discard. Imagine in battle rush

I only play the game on mobile and the problems mentioned by EduFerraz and quintivarium are definitely an issue.
Sometimes in battle rush time runs out not because i was too slow but because of some animation (especially when using leader) and so on.

But i still like the mode and the fact, that it doesn't work correctly on mobile is no reason to blame battle rush but to improve the mobile interface!?

Oh, wait; I read that as... I'd rather have Patience Is a Virtue. I actually played it probably 30+ hours last week. Haven't enjoyed Gwent that much since Arena dissapeared. Winning against the ones using the same NG leaders with Roach and the dog over and over is especially pleasing.

Oh, wait; I read that as... I'd rather have Patience Is a Virtue. I actually played it probably 30+ hours last week. Haven't enjoyed Gwent that much since Arena dissapeared. Winning against the ones using the same NG leaders with Roach and the dog over and over is especially pleasing.

Agree, I love this mode. As much as I enjoy Battle Rush, Patience Is a Virtue is by far my favourite aspect of the game.

With regard to Battle Rush on mobile - clearly the problem is not with the mode but with the app performance on mobile. Something for CDPR to resolve then...
Perhaps some option to turn off all animation?

It is sort of Arena, yes :) I like that mode too!
BUT as always NG can abuse it with aristocrat poison for insane finisher in R3 with Morvran.

Last edited:
My issue with Battle Rush has to do with card selection. You are using the same ones found on the top tier ladder to win. Boooh!

But playing a 5 minute game is fun.

Although I like the Battle Rush mode: it's fast and you can grind a lot of XP, I wouldn't recommend it to be permanent. Gwent's day and Battle rush shows how toxic this game is. Yesterday from my 54 games I faced 25 x MO, most of them played relics and 15 times the same NR soldier deck. Over and over again the same deck from different players.
I think we are doing ok with alternating seasonal modes every week. I had my fun last week with "Patience is a Virtue".

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yes Battle Rush can often mirror the 'regular meta', which brings nothing new to the table, which is kinda the point of seasonal modes.

But i still rather have a 4-5min match against an OP meta bullshit deck than a 15min one with the same outcome :giveup:

And at least this mode can push some metadecks out of viability, because they take too long each turn to work in BattleRush, that's why you see way more Reavers than NG Renfris (ive tried Renfri in BR and i rarely get to the 2nd choice).

Battle Rush would be perfect for a permanent mode if the leader animation would trigger another 8 seconds to be added in that turn.

Time is the most valuable asset we have. I'd like to play more games in the time that I have for gwent.

may I ask which leader animation is the shortest one?
You could look at one-step (targetless) animations. These are the quickest to execute but the decks they support may be too weak to combat the meta.
Example: Hoard, Reckless Flurry

Two-step animations are also quick to execute: Enslave, Royal Inspiration, Blood Money, Call of Harmony, Onslaught, Rage of the Sea, White Frost, Blood Scent. Basically, any ability that requires you to pick one target.

And just try to avoid leader abilities that require you to select more than one target :coolstory:

Who wants BATTLE RUSH to be a permanent mode in Gwent? :howdy:

The only thing I would suggest is to increase the timer to 10 seconds. Some leader abilities will need it.

I think an extra 5 seconds to act would be good. This season I changed my leader ability because you get screwed if it takes time to implement. Often I don't have enough time to act and when the game acts for you, it's always to your disadvantage. Only one time have I seen a bad move from my opponent, which I can now put down to them not having enough time to do the smart thing.

Top Bottom