Battlefield 5: World War 1/Great War

+
Battlefield 5: World War 1/Great War

I'm sure a lot of people saw this already, or heard the rumors, but I'm just curios what peoples' reactions are?

---------- Updated at 04:48 PM ----------

For my part, I'm glad the franchise is returning to Europe. I'm tired of FPS's set in sand. How about dem Alps?
WW1 setting prolly makes aerial combat and naval combat better.
Beyond that, it's just another BF game to me. *shrugs*

Dice is more talented imo, even if these games all end up feeling the same. I have to give them credit for going with WW1. It's pretty ballsy. I do find it sad and funny at the same time that SP basically exists in these games for advertising.

Dice is more talented imo, even if these games all end up feeling the same. I have to give them credit for going with WW1. It's pretty ballsy. I do find it sad and funny at the same time that SP basically exists in these games for advertising.

Yeah, I bet that when one of the DICE guys boasted about the SP campaign during the presentation, the whole room was like "siiiigh, ok, just cut the crap" :)

Anyway, it's been some time without a proper BF game(Hardline doesn't count) and the change of setting should feel refreshing. The thing I'm worried most about would be how smooth the launch goes and how buggy the game is in the beginning.

I'm surprised they did this, it's a damned brave move going all the way back like that. If done right they might just get players like me interested in playing a Battlefield game (I never thought I'd catch myself saying that).

Definitely a welcome change from the unchanged theme of Battlefield from the last years. I didn't quite think it'd be true when I first heard the rumours but I must give the credit for actually deciding to go for such a change of setting. Trailer itself didn't really give much specifics but it looks that there should be a lot of diversity on the battlefield, curious to see how melee weapons or flamethrowers for example are going to work and how effective they're compared to firearms. Also rideable horses on the desert looks freaking cool. :)

Definitely a welcome change from the unchanged theme of Battlefield from the last years. I didn't quite think it'd be true when I first heard the rumours but I must give the credit for actually deciding to go for such a change of setting. Trailer itself didn't really give much specifics but it looks that there should be a lot of diversity on the battlefield, curious to see how melee weapons or flamethrowers for example are going to work and how effective they're compared to firearms. Also rideable horses on the desert looks freaking cool. :)

Yeah, I hope we can do some Laurence Of Arabia stuff! :D

Cautiously optimistic, awaiting actual gameplay footage first. But I always considered DICE a talented studio, when EA is not rushing them to release stuff (Battlefield 4, Battlefront) they can create some pretty great games. Still, this looks miles more interesting than this years Call of Killzone

WTF is up with that utterly retarded name? Battlefield 1? Omg... What's wrong with Battlefield 1916?

Cautiously optimistic, awaiting actual gameplay footage first. But I always considered DICE a talented studio, when EA is not rushing them to release stuff (Battlefield 4, Battlefront) they can create some pretty great games. Still, this looks miles more interesting than this years Call of Killzone

I agree with this. They have some very talented people. It's a shame EA doesn't let them do what they want. I'm quite sure Battlefront was EA's fault.

[video]http://www.gamespot.com/videos/battlefield-1-new-details-from-behind-closed-doors/2300-6432039/[/video]

There's revamped melee with truncheons, shovels and sabers. You can ride a horse and even control battleships. SP will feature more open maps. I think the aerial dog fights are what intrigue me most.

I'm quite sure it was the short development cycle's fault. :rolleyes:

I think that was partly Disneys fault as well. Somewhere along there both Disney and EA probably wanted the game to come out befor the movie came out. Not to mention that Disney probably also held a very tight grip around what Dice could and could not do with Battlefront as well. I would not be surpriced if Dice where not allowed to make the game they wanted to make... due to canon reasons and what not.

It's so nice to see Battlefield return to those beautiful European countrysides. :) This is looking to be the best Battlefield game in years!

Last edited:
It's so nice to see Battlefield return to those beautiful European country sides. :) This is looking to be the best Battlefield game in years!

The history nerd in me is going mad though. MP-18 SMGs weren't in heavy issue until June 1918 and Mondragon Rifles in standard German infantry use!? They were only issued to the German Air Corps.

And why the hell is everyone using Colt M1911 45 Calibre pistols? The Germans used Lugers and the Brits used Webley revolvers.

:rant:

^^ Heh. They're prioritizing gameplay > history I see. Historical authenticity was one of the I really liked about BF: 1942. Don't worry - I'm sure someone will fix it with mods ;)

^^ Heh. They're prioritizing gameplay > history I see. Historical authenticity was one of the I really liked about BF: 1942. Don't worry - I'm sure someone will fix it with mods ;)

Well put it this way: It's going to take a lot of persuasion to drag me away from Verdun. :p

They already said that it's a slightly "alternative" history though, didn't they? Just to introduce enough "fun" weapons to use I believe.

^^ Maybe an Irish soldiers DLC? :p

Well...If they have an Irish Regiments update...

---------- Updated at 01:56 AM ----------

They already said that it's a slightly "alternative" history though, didn't they? Just to introduce enough "fun" weapons to use I believe.

Yeah but you know: History fans like myself do tend to pick holes in things anyway. :lol:

Top Bottom