Battlefield 5: World War 1/Great War

+

That gif is both beautiful and unnerving.

You've got Knugen now, the best monarch.

Knugens meme game is even stronger

That being said. I'm very proud of being a Finn in moments like these.

Wanna know the most effective way to invade Finland?........................You Fucking Don't.

Well i played the Beta and for me it was a massive dissapointment, plays exactly like Battlefield 4 and with it being in a WW1 setting it feels extremely off, i can suspend my disbelief to a certain degree but this is overkill.
UI is extremely modern, looks a lot like Battlefronts, i wish they had opted for a more vintage style, it would have made it feel less artificial.
Can't turn of the ingame music either -.-

Well i played the Beta and for me it was a massive dissapointment, plays exactly like Battlefield 4 and with it being in a WW1 setting it feels extremely off, i can suspend my disbelief to a certain degree but this is overkill.
UI is extremely modern, looks a lot like Battlefronts, i wish they had opted for a more vintage style, it would have made it feel less artificial.
Can't turn of the ingame music either -.-

I'm not surprised, though I haven't played a Battlefield game since Bad Company 2 which very few play anymore.

Played the beta for a little bit today. Man... the hit detection on sabres (mounted melee weapon) is insane! Not only do they have a 3 meter range... but they also hit people through walls.... and they one shot people. WTF ???

Other than that, I wasn't a fan of how airplanes handled. But I've been playing a lot of Star Citizen, so that's probably why. You can also repair your airplane mid-flight at any time, which is kind of odd. Just leave the battlefield for a bit, repair, and fly back.

Last edited:
So far my only complaints are the fact that medics are pretty much useless, because now you don't see the icons of people who died (you have to specifically request to be revived now, which pretty much nobody does). So during my few hour medical career, I only revived a handful of people.

Secondly full on automatic weapons are such joykill, the bolt action rifles feel great, they sound great, have great recoil and most importantly they feel powerful. Yet most people still choose to use full automatic guns and most battles in closer range just boil down to people blindly spraying in hopes of killing their target.

So far my only complaints are the fact that medics are pretty much useless, because now you don't see the icons of people who died (you have to specifically request to be revived now, which pretty much nobody does). So during my few hour medical career, I only revived a handful of people.

Secondly full on automatic weapons are such joykill, the bolt action rifles feel great, they sound great, have great recoil and most importantly they feel powerful. Yet most people still choose to use full automatic guns and most battles in closer range just boil down to people blindly spraying in hopes of killing their target.

So it's definitely a WWII game in a WWI skin then? A pity.

[video=youtube;C-vAxVh8ins]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-vAxVh8ins[/video]

Seems like DICE put all their effort into BF1, which is why Battlefront was lacking things like single player campaign :p

I'm not very hopeful about campaign even if they say big improvements been made. I'm a BF fan since bf3 but i feel like i'm paying just for multiplayer whenever a bf game comes out.
Anyway, we shall wait and see.

I know some people are saying that the shooter race has already been won by BF1, but I think I'm going to end up getting both it and Infinite Warfare. The big problem I have with BF1 is it's historical accuracy, but that's already known. I'm hoping the campaign is good as I don't like the look of the multiplayer.

@Alan989 If you're only interested in the single-player then you should wait for reviews before buying. Battlefield is notorious for having bad campaigns. BF3 and BF4 have two of the worst FPS campaigns in recent history.

Not saying it will suck, but caution is definitely the best practice here.

Last edited:
@Alan989 If you're only interested in the single-player then you should wait for reviews before buying. Battlefield is notorious for having bad campaigns. BF3 and BF4 have two of the worst FPS campaigns in recent history.

Not saying it will suck, but caution is definitely the best practice here.

Yeah that's what I was going to do. I heard that Battlefield 1942 had a pretty good campaign and I played Bad Company 2 and thought it was good, but I haven't played and others.

A clip from TB's single-player walkthrough.
[video=youtube;sxtMzxwlO-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxtMzxwlO-s&feature=share[/video]

Well fuck that then, TB just tore it apart.

I was expecting that anyway. I might get it for the MP but only if people I know are playing it as my opinion of its historical accuracy still stands.

After a few hours last night I have to say it's very...different.

I find the change of pace - everything happens slower now - refreshing, but also demanding some getting used to. Graphics are good, optimization is well done and the game has really dense atmosphere. Didn't encounter bugs so far, however the lag is sometimes unbearable.

So far, so good. If there's anyone playing on EU servers and would like to play together - send me a PM :)

I can't stand to play core... I will give it a go when HC comes out...

I still don't understand the delayed release of HC mode...

I watched some streams of BF1 earlier today and, honestly, it looks too easy; you take too many shots before going down and it just looks like a World War II game in a World War 1 skin. They should have just made another World War 2 game rather than this.

I watched some streams of BF1 earlier today and, honestly, it looks too easy; you take too many shots before going down and it just looks like a World War II game in a World War 1 skin. They should have just made another World War 2 game rather than this.

Maybe it looks like this, but certainly doesn't FEEL and PLAY like this. And it definitely isn't too easy.

WWII Battlefield after this will most probably be my favourite Battlefield game ever.

Top Bottom