Bear Minimum needed SK Balance changes for 7.1

+
1) Blacksmith - This HAS to go to 5P. No 4P card should able to hold charges and can target units. And even at 5P it should be like Cooldown 2, reduce Cooldown by 1 when playing a Warrior.
I would not let him use more than two charges per turn for example. Amount of tempo that card gets sometimes is crazy, making GS impossible to remove.
2) Harald the Cripple - Should NOT do piercing damage, and, should be limited to playing only a 4P warrior. His current value ceiling is at trolling level. In his current form he can even be a 15P card and still be included in all warrior decks.
Harald's value is incredible indeed. One of the strongest cards for it's provision cost considering tempo when you play a dead GS for example. Now when you think of Ge'Els. 6 vs 2 pow, only 1 extra P cost - duuuude Harald is OP.
3) Skjordal - He should be 9P at least or even 10P since he is always played at R3 for insane value.
You never play him in first round but in third 5 damage and 5 body for 8p is insane - removes any engine in the game or powerful Legends like Damien. And this is not even a legendary card lol. He needs a nerf.
4) Blood Eagle - Should be 11P at least. It can be 12P and still pretty powerful.
In most cases this works like a Royal Decree, but also deals 2 damage and CAN BE USED TWICE. I think 10p is a ridicilous cost for 4 damage and 2 draws of your choice. Again, think of Ge'Els one more time.
5) Second Wind - should be limited to 9P or less and his provision can go back to 14P.
Yes. Double Morkvarg or Wild Boar is an insane value.

Last edited:
Harald's value is incredible indeed. One of the strongest cards for it's provision cost considering tempo when you play a GS for example. It also thins your deck. Now when you think of Ge'Els. 6 vs 2 pow, only 1 extra P cost - duuuude Harald is OP.
I read this earlier somewhere...how does Harald thinn the deck? Revive a Skald?
Though, I do agree that he is way stronger than the other 11p evolving cards.

I read this earlier somewhere...how does Harald thinn the deck? Revive a Skald?
Though, I do agree that he is way stronger than the other 11p evolving cards.

He doesn’t ;) ... he thins the part of your deck that’s in the graveyard already ;) I think it was just a mix up with blood eagle ...

My bad, he is not thinning, I was wrong. I probably thought about something else.

Playing an already dead GS you will not find in your deck is even more powerful than random draw, right?

I don't think the main problem with SK are some broken cards or leaders, but rather the lack of archetipe identity - GS are fine on their own or in combination with something like weather, ships or Decoction, but when you combo them with stuff from diferent archetipes (Harrald-warriors, Wild boar-bloodthirst, Morg,......), they get absolutely crazy.
I think big powerful cards and core archetipe cards should be restricted to a specific archetipe, idealy by some deckbuilding condition.

1) Blacksmith - This HAS to go to 5P. No 4P card should able to hold charges and can target units. And even at 5P it should be like Cooldown 2, reduce Cooldown by 1 when playing a Warrior.
2) Harald the Cripple - Should NOT do piercing damage, and, should be limited to playing only a 4P warrior. His current value ceiling is at trolling level. In his current form he can even be a 15P card and still be included in all warrior decks.
3) Skjordal - He should be 9P at least or even 10P since he is always played at R3 for insane value.
4) Blood Eagle - Should be 11P at least. It can be 12P and still pretty powerful.
5) Second Wind - should be limited to 9P or less and his provision can go back to 14P.
i aggre. wonderfull

Top Bottom