Beat on the Brat, was this on purpose?

+
Brawling bosses are actually easy, what makes them stupid hotboxes and heat seeking punches. Died plenty of times to the last one just because he reached me from mile away or he just hit me with unavoidable punch. All of them of have same cheesy Ai, just charge your heavy attack and bait them

the AI is stupid. you can't equip anything that is shock, poison or bleed inflict. if you do then everyone target you. Kinda stupid as there isn't a rule saying anything about not being allowed to use those Damage Over Time effects.

the enemies "cheat", but beating it still comes down to action and reaction, and your character's build makes it easier and gives you more options for how to do the fights. That alone makes it some of the best optional content based on character progression in the game. It was always entertaining to face the challenge, though I think they should let you save right before the razor match.

I have to agree the quest line is annoying.... and I agree with the post describing the frustration.
There is one thing that made me smile though...... I did legit win a fight with my corpo Valerie. Trained her Street Brawling, then respec her back to the way wanted her, after she won the fight. Can you imagine this gal stepping into the ring with Razor, and winning. 'In this corner the Hulk on steroids'
ValeriCorpoBus.jpg
in the other corner......... well, a Barbie doll!... place your bets...'

The way i see it, these fist fights are extremely hard (meaning, you get KOed in 2 or 3 hits, no matter your level or gear) mainly because armor does reduce incoming damage from ranged weapons, but it DOESN'T help you against melee enemies. I believe this is intentional and not a bug. So, your armor level is totally irrelevant in this chain of quests.

If so then it should work both ways. My peeve with this is that if I connect, it reduces the enemy health by a few percentage points, which makes for a long grind where you literally cannot afford to slip up.

Guest 4519094

gotta echo that sentiment, the thought that this specific quest was designed for dark souls fans did cross my mind, revisited the quest just before finishing the game with the cyberware that slows time when you dodge while defending and the perk that applies short circuit on crit and all of a sudden it felt much closer to a proper boxing mechanic rather than fighting a dark souls boss.

I actually didn't have much trouble with these fights. Was maxed out in strength but nothing allocated to brawling and didn't have gorilla arms either. It's just having patience to land 1-2 blows, back off and wait for the opponent to go through their scripted attack, then rinse and repeat. And you will need patience...I think the last fight took nearly 15 minutes :LOL:

The way i see it, these fist fights are extremely hard (meaning, you get KOed in 2 or 3 hits, no matter your level or gear) mainly because armor does reduce incoming damage from ranged weapons, but it DOESN'T help you against melee enemies. I believe this is intentional and not a bug. So, your armor level is totally irrelevant in this chain of quests.
Oh, I know it is. The same way that you can still die and get run over. When your body is made of Titanium bones. There was no consideration to logical physics. To the added mods the game gives. When these mods should reduce or outright negate car impacts. We have a game that has double jumping legs that magically get disabled. If you fall to long. Don't give me things. If you're not willing for me to use them properly. They didn't give us the scuba gear and anti grav boots for this reason.

In my view. If you want your enemy character to be OP. It has to be OP from the in game system. Basically, the player could have the option to figure out what the enemy has equipped and match it. You than should equally have the same HP. "But that means the rest of the game would be a joke." My point exactly of them CHEATING. It's just a very poor way to make the game hard. I'm not singling out CP either. Tons of games do this. Batman Arkham Origins comes to mind. The countering QTE events in bosses are different than the rest of the game. So you screw up more than you really should. Normal enemies. Button mashing is okay. Button mashing in boss fight. Instant uncounterable unblockable hits.

Last edited:
Oh, I know it is. The same way that you can still die and get run over. When your body is made of Titanium bones. There was no consideration to logical physics. To the added mods the game gives. When these mods should reduce or outright negate car impacts. We have a game that has double jumping legs that magically get disabled. If you fall to long. Don't give me things. If you're not willing for me to use them properly. They didn't give us the scuba gear and anti grav boots for this reason.

In my view. If you want your enemy character to be OP. It has to be OP from the in game system. Basically, the player could have the option to figure out what the enemy has equipped and match it. You than should equally have the same HP. "But that means the rest of the game would be a joke." My point exactly of them CHEATING. It's just a very poor way to make the game hard. I'm not singling out CP either. Tons of games do this. Batman Arkham Origins comes to mind. The countering QTE events in bosses are different than the rest of the game. So you screw up more than you really should. Normal enemies. Button mashing is okay. Button mashing in boss fight. Instant uncounterable unblockable hits.

by your standards, punch-out is a horrible game. I disagree that boxing needs to be evenly matched in order to be entertaining. Or that most competitive games need to be evenly matched to be entertaining.

by your standards, punch-out is a horrible game. I disagree that boxing needs to be evenly matched in order to be entertaining. Or that most competitive games need to be evenly matched to be entertaining.

Punch out was made with a controller that has 2 buttons. This is not comparable to game that is trying to be realistic. I don't find V. With their limited ability to body mod. In any way realistic to beat most of the brat missions. Because that just makes Razor spending so much money on his body pointless. It breaks logic that garbage can V beats Bugatti Razor. I get stalled doing Rouge's missions. Because I gotta up front pay her. Brat should also be missions that require you to body mod to match/exceed them. In a game that is suppose to be about modding your body. Than when you're done. Put V back the way you want. These characters are STRONGER than the bosses.

Last edited:
Have these fights been leveled? I'm playing through thiis section of the game again and I'm wondering if the fights have been made harder since 1.2 or 1.21? I can't beat the twins my v is level 16 with 8 body and some of the brawler perks but I'm getting whipped.

First two times I fought them with my earlier Vs they were easy to beat.

Have these fights been leveled? I'm playing through thiis section of the game again and I'm wondering if the fights have been made harder since 1.2 or 1.21? I can't beat the twins my v is level 16 with 8 body and some of the brawler perks but I'm getting whipped.

First two times I fought them with my earlier Vs they were easy to beat.

Nope i don't think so (body 4 without any perk in it)
But i use gorilla arms (epic/legendary) and few cyberware.

Nope i don't think so (body 4 without any perk in it)
But i use gorilla arms (epic/legendary) and few cyberware.
Weird, I haven't got gorilla arms but I had five or six goes last night and ended up deciding I'd come back later, costing too many Eddie's! Thought maybe it was cos I had waited till L16 and act 2, both other times I did the twins straight away

Weird, I haven't got gorilla arms but I had five or six goes last night and ended up deciding I'd come back later, costing too many Eddie's! Thought maybe it was cos I had waited till L16 and act 2, both other times I did the twins straight away
Ok, without gorilla arms, it must take forever :(
I said that because i'm the worst at fist fighting. I succeeded rather easily in 1.21, it should not be too difficult :D

Me i did try on my first run, was kicked my ass by the twin... So I let go.
But on the second run I came back to them when I was 50 and with very good equipment but no points in brawling, only the last fight was hard.
It was fun to remind me when opponents can hit me
;)

Top Bottom