Beat the game w/Panam. Jacket & Amnesty delete when attempting to finish w/Rogue.

+
PS4 1.3

When attempting to complete the game with Panam and the Aldecados
I won the Amnesty Revolver and also received the Aldecados Jacket.
I also completed the quest by losing Saul, defeating Adam Smasher, and taking V's body back while Johnny stayed with Alt.
When I was sent back, I woke up by the panzer and received 3 pieces of Legendary Equipment: Pants, Shoes, and a Shirt.
We drove through the border tunnel and Panam and V set the Panzer on autopilot and we rode off into the star-lit sky.
Then I Received achievement for completing the game with Panam and the Aldecados.

I watched the credits and the game popped up with Inventory Items that I could keep;
The 3 pieces of equipment THAT I JUST GOT weren't among them.
The only 2 that I cared about was the Jacket and the Amnesty.

Then I decided to complete the game again with Rogue. I made it to the Afterlife and after convincing Rogue to join, (I think we made out) and after I woke up in the bed, Rogue changed her clothes and provided weapons, boots, and a jacket. there was a epic/iconic gun that was like the Masamune (I cant remember the name), the Rogue Jacket and the Rogue Jetboots. When I checked my inventory, Amnesty, and Aldecados Jacket were deleted!

I was so ticked, I turned off my game.

Last edited:
You din't have a save after the fist ending at the point of no return ? Or at least just before starting the second ?
(normally the game create a "special" saves named "Point of no return" instead of "manual/auto" and don't delete them automatically).
If yes, put Amnesty and Aldecaldos Jacket in your stash before starting other endings.

The Amnesty can neither be upgraded from Epic to Legendary, nor can it be put into the Stash, just like the Crash Revolver.
It SUCKS because I worked hard in that competition to win it.
The Aldecados jacket, however, can be stashed.
having 1 of 2 special items deleted is not ideal.

Normally, you can upgrade CRASH to legendary and put it in your stash :(
(I don't know for Amnesty, I'm the worst for aiming... I never try to win it).
6505575e-00c7-425f-8c1e-03a8c42968a0.PNG31c58ade-3c57-408b-a893-c368f8278642.PNG
So this save, you start (and obtened CRASH) in 1.31 ? CRASH (or Amnesty) have a quest icon ?

More context:
I pre-ordered the game back in the summer of last year and obtained the game on launch date. I beat the game somewhere between Feb/March earlier this year. I obtained the Crash back in January of this yea, so I guess this is the 1.0 release? When I got it, it had a yellow exclamation point on it, just like in your 2nd screenshot. When I found out about the 1.3 patch, I started playing again. Currently, I have somewhere around 215 hours on the game and am looking for all the legendary dead people that have all the legendary goodies :D

It's nice to be able to converse about these bugs, however, keeping the Crash and the Amnesty on my personal inventory is not bothering me.
It's the fact that I want to collect all the goodies and the games deleting them is what I ultimately have a problem with.

------------------------------------
Ultimately, this post is actually 5 bug reports now:
When I was in my early twenties, I used to work for E.A. as a Quality Assurance guy.
Would it be more beneficial to CDPR to split these into 5 separate posts?

- My Equipment is being deleted when beating the game with Aldecados and then trying to beat it with Rogue and her equipment removes my Aldecados stuff.

- When I beat the game with Aldecados, and after we left Mikoshi, I woke up by the panzer and received 3 pieces of Legendary Equipment: Pants, Shoes, and a Shirt. We drove through the border tunnel and Panam and V set the Panzer on autopilot and we rode off into the star-lit sky. After the game told me I was done, the Legendary equipment that was given to me in the tent JUST MOMENTS AGO, was deleted.

- Crash wont get stored in my Stash. When I open my stash, the Crash does not appear in my Personal Inventory. When I close the stash, it becomes visible in my Personal Inventory again.

- Amnesty wont upgrade to Legendary.

- Amnesty wont get stored in my Stash. When I open my stash, the Amnesty does not appear in my Personal Inventory. When I close the stash, it becomes visible in my Personal Inventory again.
------------------------------------

@LeKill3rFou are you a fan, moderator, QA?

I do have the legendary crafting skill, of course, and it shows up in the crafting table.
The following photos show my status of the Amnesty and how it can not be upgraded.
It gives the "Insufficient Parts" Warning.
As you can see from the photos, I have the Epic/ Iconic Amnesty and the other is showing that the "Upgrade" button is removed.
1638291973813.png

1638291782156.png

Attachments

• 1638291783410.jpeg
    1638291783410.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • 1638291759152.png
    1638291759152.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
@LeKill3rFou are you a fan, moderator, QA?
Just a "simple" forum member ;)

In view of your screenshots, unfortunately, for CRASH and Amnesty, it's bugs who are present in your save (probably remain in it) and who aren't solved by the 1.3+ update. The fact that there is a quest icon, don't let you put them in the stash (they don't appear as available item to transfert) nor upgrade them. I had the same problems with some weapons in December/January.
It's the same for johnny's clothes (about stash), until the quest icons are removed, you have to keep them in your inventory (you can't sell/stash them, they simply don't appear).
Hard to say that, but I'm quite confident that if you start a new playthrough in 1.3+, you won't have this kind of problems :(

For the Nomad "legendary" clothes in The Star ending, it's "normal". It's not something that you can keep like almost of the items that you can pick up during the endings (since day one for every one). I think it's the same with the "flying" boots provide by Rogue in the Sun ending.

So I think the best, it's to report it to CDPR Support and including your save in report (if possible because I don't if it's possible on Playstation).
In my opinion, all your problems are mainly due to the quest icons who are not removed from your items (after completing a quest) who is a well know problem since day one (and generally solved in 1.2 and 1.3).

Last edited:
You said a lot here.

I think the first part needs to be addressed:
Please don't take offense to this; if you're not an official moderator or spokesperson for the forums or CDPR, I'd like to get someone who is official to discuss this with me. It is commendable as to how much you have gone out of your way to help me @LeKill3rFou, but if you're known here and have an amazing rep (which seems to be the case), CDPR should consider hiring you so that you can have more authority so that you can do more for the community. Great customer service is hard to come by and you should be paid for your hard work. However, Corpos know as well as you do that if they don't have to pay for great labor, they wont. And they'll persist in doing so and turn a blind eye to it. Don't let them, try and get on their payroll or find a team that will love you and pay you for what you're doing.

Back on topic.
It's good that the team is already made aware of the quest bugs and whatnot, but being given items and encouraged to continue playing and then taking items away is not right. This is not an 'objective concern.' I worked hard at obtaining these rewards.

So is this situation a design decision or a bug? I have actually beaten this game 4 times already and I plan on doing it more than that. I hate the idea that this is the design decision and that my rewards were taken away from me each time and there is encouragement to do it again.

I'm also a Game Developer of 20 years. It's one thing for a bug to intercept code and delete it and another thing altogether when its a design decision. What makes sense to game designers doesnt always make sense or translate well to customers. If this is a known and shippable bug, I am content with this because then I will know that there are plans to address the issue in the future and I can pick up the game at a later time.

But seriously, if the customer has earned something because it was designed that way, those items shouldnt be taken away later. This is the point of any game with rewards in them. Just think of how i would feel if this was a micro-transaction? I'd demand my money back! This isn't the case here.

This is why it's important to speak with someone on the official channel or at the very least, make them aware.

This is why it's important to speak with someone on the official channel or at the very least, make them aware.
Report the issue via that linked Support site. This forum isn't an official Support channel, like it says at the top, and there is no guarantee you'd ever even encounter a Support representative here.

A bug can't be fixed if Support aren't made aware of it by reporting it.

Havent tried it after 1.3 but before you also couldnt keep the iconic rifle in Rogues ending.
Is it still an "ending only iconic" or could we keep that one now?

Ok :)
So in view of the wiki, it's not tranfered to the "point of no return" after completing the ending. You can't keep it :(
Prejudice
"Prejudice is not transferred to the "Point of No Return" save file as a reward for finishing the game"

a shame ... :( like sasquatch hammer still isnt an iconic as well right?

a shame ... :( like sasquatch hammer still isnt an iconic as well right?
Nope, I didn't paid attention, but I think, it still a "common" item. But we need to avoid the off-topic :)
So all the problem here, it's quest icons on weapons even after completing the ending (so you can't stash them and finally they disappear when you complete another ending. Which it's very annoying...).

@Draconifors Thank you for your help. Could have done this days ago, its my fault for not reading the huge information logo and the following subtext. Seeing as youre a moderator though, if you have time, please send a application over to @LeKill3rFou so you guys can work together. He seems to genuinely care about whats going on here and I'm sure you guys could use the extra support with the new patch and content coming out.

@LeKill3rFou thank you for your help.

I have a similar problem with Amnesty. For me, I can put it in my stash and move it to my inventory and vice versa no problem and it has no icon or anything BUT I can't upgrade it to legendary. I've tried everything from selling and buying it back, reloading saves, dropping it and picking it back up, even deconstructing it and reloading a save. Nothing has worked so I'm out of ideas. I have reported this to Support as well.

Top Bottom