Beginning is hard in gwent :/

+
Beginning is hard in gwent :/

I got a second key and wanted to see the how the game is now for the new players........ its a nightmare. I faced Bran, Eithne, Nekkers, Weather and Radovid 90% of the times at lvl 8-15. Only 3 Foltest 4 Emhyr 3 Crach. Not a single Henselt Calviet or Geels lol. The first 1-7 lvls was 70% monsters now is worst with the decks that people use in high ranks wtf xD. They really need to make gwent more new player friendly or many players will simply leave after facing the same 5 decks over and over if they can pass the monster spam.

One thing I found confusing when I started was ranks, level, the other 'level' and then when you play ranked, position and rank ... :rolleyes::confused: Why not just have your overall level, then your ranked ... er, rank? so many numbers... when someone asks "what rank are you in Gwent?" - which one do you say?

To counter that maybe level 1-5 games should give you a random deck to use and if you use it 3 times you get to customize it. Not trying to put restrictions on people, but it'd maybe make people play something other than just monster decks early on. Something that forces them to atleast try different decks, and maybe they'll find they like them a bit more.

What I think the game really needs for new players, both to allow them to experiment with different factions easier and so it's just not so tough at the start to begin with, is to have some low rarity golden/silver cards. Before you have 6 silvers and 4 goldens for your deck you're pretty much crippled, but they're really expensive to get.

When I was starting up I ended up using monsters - not really because I found the deck interesting or anything (I didn't even know it was popular at the time), the only reason I spammed that deck was that I couldn't make any other deck. If I played any other faction I didn't have enough goldens/silvers to make anything slightly competent out of, so I was pretty much just stuck with monsters.

Not sure why the neutral silver witchers aren't in the starter deck, they seem made for a starter setup. The starter deck gives you a swallow potion and Geralt...and no other witchers, which teaches you the drawbacks of gold cards and that's about it.

KyrosQF;n8027350 said:
Not sure why the neutral silver witchers aren't in the starter deck, they seem made for a starter setup. The starter deck gives you a swallow potion and Geralt...and no other witchers, which teaches you the drawbacks of gold cards and that's about it.

At the start of the beta we had 2 witchers if I remember correctly. So you only had to craft 1 more to get all 3. That wasn't too bad

I think the new players' most needed feature is a more complex matchmaking system, which counts the 'scrap value' of your deck and does not allow you to face opponents with a huge card power gap.

At that point the level, 1 or 30, would be uninfluential.

I'm thinking about starting a brand new faction with a brand new leader, but if the matchmaking system treats me a hair differently from a total newbie I'll probably give up after hours of pointless grinding.

How does the matchmaking system works? It's not completely clear is it?

The most important MP feature should be a honed, efficient, and balance match system that pits you against only what your teeth can chew.

Top Bottom