Behaviout tree editor

+
Behaviout tree editor

I need to make a sorceress not to use a magic shield during fight, how can I do this? Found the combat_mage behavioud file, but can't fint the node, which make an NPC to use a shield. Also can't find a way to make connect the entity of NPC and this behaviour file.

I am not sure, but you can try this: Open the entity and then click on the empty space where all the nodes are (not on a node). Now go to Node Properties, Stats and finally you have "Abilities". There could be an ability for the shield and you just have to delete it - but remember to copy the sorceress first and don't change the original.

Do note that most behavior nodes are shared between characters. So if any other character uses that magic shield, that will be prevented for them too. So to alter something you have to create said character from "scratch". Unless you're okay with getting rid of that altogether. Most nodes in the behavior tree can be opened, double clicking them will reveal more nodes. So when you look, don't just open a behavior graph and think that's it.

Just out of curiositiy: did anyone ever use any stats on an NPC entity?

I did an uncomplete search and for me it seems that the player.w2ent being the one and only template that uses them:
(abilities: Addan deith _Stats Vran Armor _Stats)

edit: of course, that was wrong!:eek:

There are 100s of stats to be found in the abilities listbox of the entity editor but where the hell are they used?
edit: I'll post a list asap such as
> a1_assasin_2h (template)
abilities Opp_Arena_AsasynMage

> a1_cross_guard
abilities OppA1_Bowman_1

Dancing Blade _Stats, wow, are they used in the game? (keep in mind, I'm still at the beginning, in Flotsam).

edit: so here is the abilities list of the templates in game folder.
Many erasings had to be made - hopefully I didn't erase to much.
And yes, it's all templates. Feel free to erase the doors etc. for yourself.
View attachment 377

btw: too bad:D:
> q102_elf_woman_hanger
abilities OppA1_Dual_2

Attachments

• game-templates-abilities.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
All I can say about those stats is that some of them work. If I give an enemy vitality +5, he actually has a lot more health.

Top Bottom