Being as vocal on Social Media will accomplish more.

+
See that's kind of where you're wrong. It's not blind hate, it's sever disappointment. See Witcher 3 came out it was a buggy mess, but it delivered what was promised. They didn't over hyper it, when they said you'd get something, you generally got what they promised. Very little content was "cut" and what they advertised was the product we got, just buggy. So the idea that they needed to "rehaul" it is bogus. They just had to fix bugs, and move on to the promised DLC. While the bugs were frustrating, it was the game they advertised.

Cyberpunk was different. Delayed constantly, promised to be "released when ready", buggy as hell at launch, and you can go back to the night city wires and see what was being touted, and we got almost one of it at the level we were being shown. So it wasn't just bugs, and it wasn't just excessive "cut content", it was all of those things combined.

Add in the fact that it was so bad that Sony pulled the plug on it, and investors went up in flames over it, and you have a perfect storm.

Look Cyberpunk is a good game, I'm not going to deny it. But it's not to the level of CDPR and what we know they could push. It would have been a great game in 2013 when they first started advertising it, but by now its dated and missing features that they themselves promised.

So no it's not about not stirring up drama and finding something to dislike. In fact sitting here and saying that we are making stuff up, and the game is perfect as is, does a disservice to the actual worker-bee developers of CDPR who have so much potential and the ability to push out a great game, and yet were reigned in and held back by management who were so eager to release the game in 2020, that they pushed out a incomplete and buggy game.

I personally haven't been keeping up with the development of games. I wait for the actual ad to air and what I saw from the ad is what I got in game. I learned this a very long time ago with indie games on platforms like Steam. If the company doesn't deliver, and I can't receive a refund, I don't buy any more of their games. Never preorder. Disregard the hype and spoilers so that you can form your own opinion when you actually get to play the thing. Plain and simple.

Were you not aware that a large number of people were screaming at them to release the unfinished game? Because my bet is that PR was starting to sweat and decided to push the big red release button because of it. People who are so desperate for an escape from reality that they'll threaten a company for not releasing a game when they demand it. People that expect them to turn an RPG into a dating sim to make up for their lack of a love life. A HUGE portion of the gaming community is incredibly toxic and I don't think that should be so easily forgotten. That is why I say blind hate.

This plight has already been acknowledged by CDPR staff regardless. You can keep posting about it if the venting aspect makes you happy, but I think it's safe to say we're at the point where all anyone can do is sit and wait to see how they go about making amends or correcting their mistakes.

The game was released on the 10th of December last year. You're less than a week away from 2 whole months of it being in the wild. If you were unhappy with the game and aren't happy with or have no faith in the roadmap CDP provided isn't it simply time to move on?

Very good point. I really hope they listen to the fans or they are seriously done.

Top Bottom