Being Visibly Armed,Holsters and Trunks

+
Being Visibly Armed,Holsters and Trunks

Too many open world games have the character pulling weapons out of their ass.

DE:HR,Skyrim,GTA,Mafia II a lot of others. I'm not saying that every protagonist should have every weapon in their inventory visible on their character otherwise they'd look like this.

but everything that we will use in combat should be visible on the player character.

Max Payne 3 did this well with Max holding stuff that he didn't have a holster for then dropping it if he wanted to dual wield his pistols. Assassins Creed is also a good example of how every weapon being used is visualy on the character. A bad example would be Fallout NV where you use 5 weapons for the same battle and they all come out of nowhere.

If you don't like not carrying only one weapon you can always buy a sling or maybe the weapon already has one. The cool thing I noticed when I first saw a screen of Witcher 2 was that Geralt had a scabbard I just found it so cool because not a lot of games do that. I think the same can be said for slings on assault rifles and shotguns.

Obviously you can't carry Assault Rifles and Shotguns while walking around Night City that would unnerve some people so we should have the option of putting our weapons in the trunk.

The picture above is from a vendor in GTAIV which you could call up and he'd drive over to sell you weapons which is real cool.

Definitely a good idea. Although I would go as far as saying that you can only carry more than a couple of big weapons if you have a backpack of the sort or anything else where you could store these items. I don’t want our characters to have magical pants à la Guybrush that allow them to carry insane amounts of stuff without any visual representation that would justify this.

I would like to see holsters for pistols, combat slings for sub machine guns, assault rifles etc, no magic bags or pants.

I like how Max Payne dealt with it as you carried the long guns in your hand whilst using the pistol but would prefer combat slings as you could hide the gun under your long coat

Definitely a good idea. Although I would go as far as saying that you can only carry more than a couple of big weapons if you have a backpack of the sort or anything else where you could store these items. I don’t want our characters to have magical pants à la Guybrush that allow them to carry insane amounts of stuff without any visual representation that would justify this.

A lot of people don't like that. It's rather tedious. I like the idea of killing a bunch of dudes and taking all their guns to my car to sell them. I guess you should be able to do that when you're car is nearby. I don't really think it's that important though I like it, I can see more people getting mad than liking it.

Also Geralt had magical pants didn't bother me none

I'd hope that CDPR will adhere to the TT rules - "killing a bunch of dudes and taking all their guns" sounds fun, but when a character is lugging around 100 kg worth of metal and it isn't visible it just doesn't seem right to me... even a cyborg can't pull that off. Having a visible backpack, on the other side, is an interesting idea.

this always bothers me in allot of games.
i like the trunk/overcoat idea.
maybe even a body mod with a certain amount of storage space depending on the size of the limp/body part.

thanks for the thread. that a really good theme! weapons should be visible!!! Its stupid to put them out of the ass!!

CD look at Max Payne!

I definitely dig this idea. Weapon holsters, slings, putting away your weapons in the trunk of your vehicle, hiding them from view should be in there. Pulling rocket launchers out of your back pocket breaks the immersion and realism.

There was the "concealability" rating for weapons in CP P&P RPG. That may be usefull to use it in a certain way (conceal a saw off shotgun under a longcoat is acceptable, but conceal a machine gun is not ).

I'm also wondering if the game is to be encouraging the characters to be gun transporters, or if a weapon or two are more than enough.
I mean, you're not supposed to deal with tanks and 'borgs at every street corner -are you ?-, and a fine pistol / SMG / rifle is enough to deal with that gang boy frowning at you.

Of course, you may want to upgrade your stuff (tired of .22 ? try that nice .45) but are we really be in need to carry many many guns ?

Putting stuff in the trunk, driving to , say the warehouse, you are raiding and then getting arms out of the trunk and starting the mission. would kill for this level of realism

This game should definitely implement some kind of way to show the weapons that the character is carrying. A game that did this well was Just Cause 2. The reason why this may be bad is that it could limit the amount of weapons you can have on you at any given time, which may not be too bad id we're going for a certain level of realism.

Its fun to have loads of weapons like SR2 and GTA but in a game like this I would prefer if you could only carry a pistol , one main weapon ( PDW/sub machine gun/assault rifle/heavy weapon) and a melee weapon. it just makes it more 'real' and believable.

Instead of having loads of weapons, have upgrades to provide some variety

you could switch out mags and have AP, incendiary, shock round, HE. etc

You dont need loads of guns in a magic bag of holding, just be smarter about it

This game should definitely implement some kind of way to show the weapons that the character is carrying. A game that did this well was Just Cause 2. The reason why this may be bad is that it could limit the amount of weapons you can have on you at any given time, which may not be too bad id we're going for a certain level of realism.

NO MAGNETS

hate weapons just attached to the back

Top Bottom