Being Visibly Armed,Holsters and Trunks

+
Or even an Awareness check vs difficulty rating - concealment, plus modifiers! That uses your character's skills and gear to see stuff that you, the player, cannot see. That's why the PnP has the skills and hopefully why 2077 will include many of them. Not photography though - that one just sucks.

Now you jhate on medias too?

Although its weird that Photography is based on tech, as opposed to reflexes, or even cool... never thought about that before...

Now you jhate on medias too?

Although its weird that Photography is based on tech, as opposed to reflexes, or even cool... never thought about that before...

I think he was referring to Far Cry 3's system where you knew everything about the enemy by pointing the camera at them.

Yeah, screw Medias. Pop up and shoot you doing something - like shooting! - you'd really rather them not. Then claim the 1st! Then realise you aren't actually a cop...he heh heh. Then you have to have your Runner backtrace on their upstream and wipe or pollute it, then pay the damn Runner and since those little ghits love secrets, make sure a few weeks later s/he falls into a pasta-maker...sigh.

Lemme tell you a secret - I hate all the Roles. Incompetent buffons and douchebags flavoured by interfering twits. Even other Solos are typically so full of themselves, their rep, their chrome, forget basic tradecraft...ugh.

The longest campaign we ever played, my Ref had to forbid me from, ah, "exiting" every other player always. I mean, they were gonna get me killed the longer they played, I figured I may as well just get the jump on them..

This hatred worked out well once I started running games.

Pfff. Damn Wisdom got there first anyway. I think he did it to spite me. All that "Added to thread" posts just outdid my frivolous spewings.

Besides, Metal isn't better than Meat. Adam Smasher was a flipwoodle. BIO(ware)metal is better than both, nearly undetectable and redolent with versatility. REDOLENT.

You all -are- sagging sacks of blood and tissue, though. THAT'S true.

Pfff. Damn Wisdom got there first anyway. I think he did it to spite me. All that "Added to thread" posts just outdid my frivolous spewings.

Besides, Metal isn't better than Meat. Adam Smasher was a flipwoodle. BIO(ware)metal is better than both, nearly undetectable and redolent with versatility. REDOLENT.

You all -are- sagging sacks of blood and tissue, though. THAT'S true.

Everything I do, I do to spite you...

WHY do none of you watery organdolls admire my use of the word, "flipwoodle"? Especially in referring to Bland McSmashyborg? Hurtful.

WHY do none of you watery organdolls admire my use of the word, "flipwoodle"? Especially in referring to Bland McSmashyborg? Hurtful.

Because if I admitted to liking something you said, I wouldn't be very good at spiting you...

My junk is going to explode your trunk, sir.

Wait. That really didn't come out the way I wanted it to.

Wait. Nether did that.

we could already see the visibled armed cop in the teaser

Its fun to have loads of weapons like SR2 and GTA but in a game like this I would prefer if you could only carry a pistol , one main weapon ( PDW/sub machine gun/assault rifle/heavy weapon) and a melee weapon. it just makes it more 'real' and believable.

Instead of having loads of weapons, have upgrades to provide some variety

This would be my preference as well. One main weapon, small, concealable, upgradable; also that plays into the futuristic theme, like a fully automatic handgun that can fire hundreds of different types of ammo for different situations: nstead of firing bullets as we know them today, fire tiny pellet or needle-like projectiles designed to either explode on impact, or penetrate metal, etc...

For secondary weapons, maybe small blades the size of a tanto (dual wield blades, yes!)

Then different types of explosives (EMP, incendiary, freeze) contained in small cannisters (like Letho in TW2 or DX:IW intros).

This would be my preference as well. One main weapon, small, concealable, upgradable; also that plays into the futuristic theme, like a fully automatic handgun that can fire hundreds of different types of ammo for different situations: nstead of firing bullets as we know them today, fire tiny pellet or needle-like projectiles designed to either explode on impact, or penetrate metal, etc...

For secondary weapons, maybe small blades the size of a tanto (dual wield blades, yes!)

Then different types of explosives (EMP, incendiary, freeze) contained in small cannisters (like Letho in TW2 or DX:IW intros).

I very much want the ability to dual wield handguns... semi-auto, Chow Yun Fat and Nemesis style... it is inf act, essential to be able to do this as a solo.

As for what I can carry on me... it should be variable... you would be surprised at how many weapons a person can carry on them effectively, if concealability is not an issue... and even if it is, you would still be surprised...

As for the goofy multiple ammo type pistol, they have a couple, but I would very much prefer that not be the standard, as it moves to far away froms treet level tech, and into some wierd areas. Cops carry multiple ammunition revolvers, and thats cool... in a revolver having different kinds of ammo makes sense... but the judge dread ammo you are talking about really doesn't.

For a gun to work in the Cyberpunk setting, it has to be believable, it has to at least look like its going to work mechanically. A semi-auto or full auto multiple ammunition weapon would need either multiple ammo magazines, making the gun a giant mess of like a boxy porcupine which would defeat the purpose of a handgun, or you would be limited to firing in whatever order you loaded the weapon in... you would not be able to switch ammo designation on the fly.

The problem also comes from the fact that different types of ammunition will carry varying degrees of propellant, and the blowback from say, a dart, or taser round, would likely not be enough to cycle the weapons action.

As for not firing bullets at all... there are weapons that do that in the game... there are flechette rounds, or even the "Sliver Gun" which spins a ceramic disk against a "chipper", sending out shards of ceramic... but the accuracy and range are shit, and the damage is mediocre at best... its AP, but it still doesn't do enough damage to penetrate even at HALF armor rating to get through anything sturdier than leather armor.

All that aside.... there really is nothing cooler than good old slug throwers...

At least in my opinion.

IF CDPR wants to give out something all judge dread crazy as a unique item in the game, that's really no skin off my back. As long as it's unique, and not the standard.

I very much want the ability to dual wield handguns... semi-auto, Chow Yun Fat and Nemesis style... it is inf act, essential to be able to do this as a solo.

As for what I can carry on me... it should be variable... you would be surprised at how many weapons a person can carry on them effectively, if concealability is not an issue... and even if it is, you would still be surprised...

As for the goofy multiple ammo type pistol, they have a couple, but I would very much prefer that not be the standard, as it moves to far away froms treet level tech, and into some wierd areas. Cops carry multiple ammunition revolvers, and thats cool... in a revolver having different kinds of ammo makes sense... but the judge dread ammo you are talking about really doesn't.

For a gun to work in the Cyberpunk setting, it has to be believable, it has to at least look like its going to work mechanically. A semi-auto or full auto multiple ammunition weapon would need either multiple ammo magazines, making the gun a giant mess of like a boxy porcupine which would defeat the purpose of a handgun, or you would be limited to firing in whatever order you loaded the weapon in... you would not be able to switch ammo designation on the fly.

The problem also comes from the fact that different types of ammunition will carry varying degrees of propellant, and the blowback from say, a dart, or taser round, would likely not be enough to cycle the weapons action.

As for not firing bullets at all... there are weapons that do that in the game... there are flechette rounds, or even the "Sliver Gun" which spins a ceramic disk against a "chipper", sending out shards of ceramic... but the accuracy and range are shit, and the damage is mediocre at best... its AP, but it still doesn't do enough damage to penetrate even at HALF armor rating to get through anything sturdier than leather armor.

All that aside.... there really is nothing cooler than good old slug throwers...

At least in my opinion.

IF CDPR wants to give out something all judge dread crazy as a unique item in the game, that's really no skin off my back. As long as it's unique, and not the standard.

Oh, I know how many weapons one could carry on oneself, concealed or not.
And yeah, as unreal-lifelike as dual pistols wielding is, that's one of the reasons I play The Secret World :)

As for the gun, I wasn't thinking Judge Dredd, as in you talking to your gun as the gun switching ammo for you. More like carrying mags with different ammo types. which you'd need to switch depending on the situation. And instead of having regular size bullets, as we know them today, have some sort of futuristic ammo: much smaller so you can carry a lot of it in one mag, but still does equal damage as today's bullets, or more. Kind of like an 80's cell phone vis a vis a blackberry. So, instead of having, say, a 10-mag of 9mm bullets, you can have that same mag carry 1000 pellets, or 1000 .009 mm "needles" that when they hit you explode, or when the penetrate they melt organs, whatever... something of that nature.

I'd still be happy if i get to dual wield .45s, though :)

Oh, I know how many weapons one could carry on oneself, concealed or not.
And yeah, as unreal-lifelike as dual pistols wielding is, that's one of the reasons I play The Secret World :)

As for the gun, I wasn't thinking Judge Dredd, as in you talking to your gun as the gun switching ammo for you. More like carrying mags with different ammo types. which you'd need to switch depending on the situation. And instead of having regular size bullets, as we know them today, have some sort of futuristic ammo: much smaller so you can carry a lot of it in one mag, but still does equal damage as today's bullets, or more. Kind of like an 80's cell phone vis a vis a blackberry. So, instead of having, say, a 10-mag of 9mm bullets, you can have that same mag carry 1000 pellets, or 1000 .009 mm "needles" that when they hit you explode, or when the penetrate they melt organs, whatever... something of that nature.

I'd still be happy if i get to dual wield .45s, though :)

You are really asking a lot... and again, if they give us something that is unique, like a super secret prototype or something, then I could live with that... although finding ammo for it anywhere would be kind of weird...

I would just be very dissapointed if that were the standard. It would really take away from the noir feeling by pushing the tech a bit too far. I mean seriously, bullets are still the best thing we have going, and there is a reason why there really haven't been any significant advancements in small arms bullet tech in the last 100 years... its just about the perfect package... Even the things CP 2020 foresaw, like caseless ammo, turned out to be completely unviable in terms of effectiveness and cost compared to normal bullets.

But the do have needle guns, dart guns, flechette guns, the sliver gun, paintball guns you can load up with poison or acid or pepper spray....

However you are never going to get something the size of a pencil lead to do anywhere near as much damage as even a 9mm... even if the whole thing was made from solid explosive, it would still create less of a bang than a lady finger firecracker, and would be more likely to shatter on impact with anything harder than jello... so it would be like someone throwing a string of firecracker at you... and that's if you can get an explosive that somehow detonates on impact, but does not detonate just from being fired... Not saying it wouldn't be somehow possible, but such a thing wouldn't ever be cost effective... because even when something like that becomes possible, and cheap, it would still be more effective to just load that material into a bullet tip, for a bigger more penetrative boom, with a delivery system with much greater range and power...

I really don't mean to be poo-pooing all over you idea, it's neat.... but I simply cannot help but look at things from a viability perspective...

And yeah, dual wielding Spitfires, or COLT AMC's is definitely the tits...

Although my nomad prefers to single wield a big ass revolver... accuracy and especially reliability for the win... because life is hard on equipment in the wastelands...

Hm. I think I'd be cool with the idea of Solos being able to dual-wield certain weapons, right out of the gate. With that neural-bridge piece of cyberware, a limited amount of dual-wielding should be open to everyone else, too.

I'd be OK with the idea of a smart rifle that had a servo-controlled magazine feed. You'd load up three (or less, or more, depending on how ridiculous we want to get with the design) magazines, side-by-side, each with different ammo. Though your smartgun link, you could change ammo on the fly (which would, of course, still take time to move the appropriate magazine into place and cycle the ammunition.)

Top Bottom