Being Visibly Armed,Holsters and Trunks

+
Yeah, I'd like the game to be accurate to real world weapon handling in general. I'm not taking ballistics or anything. Weapons visible on person (Unless concealed carried handguns or SMGs) or in a trunk or bag , fingers not on the trigger when not firing their firearms, correct terminology for firearms (Like Magazine and not clip), etc. I just find it really adds to the world with small touches such as these.

I know I'm late to the discussion. But personally I think the picture of the heavily-armed fellow at the top of the first page is bloody hilarious.

Just a picture of the way most peoples characters would really look if games were more realistic in terms of what you can carry.
Yes, it's bloody hilarious!

Yeah, I'd like the game to be accurate to real world weapon handling in general. I'm not taking ballistics or anything. Weapons visible on person (Unless concealed carried handguns or SMGs) or in a trunk or bag , fingers not on the trigger when not firing their firearms, correct terminology for firearms (Like Magazine and not clip), etc. I just find it really adds to the world with small touches such as these.

What? You want to confuse 90% of gamers by interjecting realism and real terms into the game?
It'll never sell.

What? You want to confuse 90% of gamers by interjecting realism and real terms into the game?
It'll never sell.
Heh. I don't think it would confuse anyone. Metal Gear Solid is full of accurate weapon handling practices and small details that some people notice and some don't. I find small details like MGS is full of really add to the game. MGSV even has all your equipment show on your body which is what people want for cyberpunk. GTA 4 originally wanted you to have to carry your weapons in a duffle bag or trunk of your car but that never was in and people want that too. As for terms, I'm mainly talking about not calling things they aren't. Like calling a magazine a "clip". Even Call of duty gets that right but so many other games get it wrong.

Heh. I don't think it would confuse anyone. Metal Gear Solid is full of accurate weapon handling practices and small details that some people notice and some don't. I find small details like MGS is full of really add to the game. MGSV even has all your equipment show on your body which is what people want for cyberpunk. GTA 4 originally wanted you to have to carry your weapons in a duffle bag or trunk of your car but that never was in and people want that too. As for terms, I'm mainly talking about not calling things they aren't. Like calling a magazine a "clip". Even Call of duty gets that right but so many other games get it wrong.

MGS is super realistic in one aspect and ridiculously unrealistic in other. It's hard to take it all serious. Specifically in case with nomenclature. When I was in army (for brief period of time, but still) the proper terms were used exclusively at briefings and/or exams. We called ammunition - "pips", PK MG - "pekaśką", bed - "car/vehicle" etc.

I'm all in for realistic, visible gun carrying, but against excessively proper terminology. Style over substance after all.

I'm all in for realistic, visible gun carrying, but against excessively proper terminology. Style over substance after all.

Especially since that terminology varies from country to country and even armed forces to armed forces.

I want excessively proper terminology...from Cyberpunk 2020. Choomba, Chombatta. Input, output. Chromer, chippin' in, flatline, Booster, etc.

I hope not to see either Huge Pack of Guns or 2 shoulder arms and 2 sidearms...but a selection depending on holsters worn, concealability rating, dufflebag size/rucksack worn, etc.

I think if they would use their own names and terms that would add to the style and it would make sense for some criminal punk to have their own terms and the police/professionals to use correct terms and names. Just using the wrong names for things doesn't add anything though. I'm more hoping for realistic carrying of weapons anyway. I think it would add to the gameplay and make people have to strategize instead of magically carrying a weapon for every occasion on their person like Doomguy. Would could be neat is possibly a cloaking device for weapons for more options. What I liked about The Witcher 1 was how every weapon you have equipped showed on your person and had physics attached to them.

I think if they would use their own names and terms that would add to the style and it would make sense for some criminal punk to have their own terms and the police/professionals to use correct terms and names. Just using the wrong names for things doesn't add anything though.

It adds realism. Police use police slang, gang members use gang slang, prisoners use prisoners slang etc. 'Cause that's what people do. They invent special terminology specific to a social group their are part of.

It adds realism. Police use police slang, gang members use gang slang, prisoners use prisoners slang etc. 'Cause that's what people do. They invent special terminology specific to a social group their are part of.
When I said "Just using the wrong names" I meant that if they decided to not have each group have it's own terms and instead had one blanket name that every group uses then using the wrong name for that one thing doesn't really add any style or anything. Like if everyone said "Clip" regardless of their group when the correct term is a magazine in most of the world. A clip is totally different kind of loading device. I agree that if every group uses it's own words then that's best and is real.

When I said "Just using the wrong names" I meant that if they decided to not have each group have it's own terms and instead had one blanket name that every group uses then using the wrong name for that one thing doesn't really add any style or anything. Like if everyone said "Clip" regardless of their group when the correct term is a magazine in most of the world. A clip is totally different kind of loading device. I agree that if every group uses it's own words then that's best and is real.

Yep, personally I always visualize a 10-round stripper clip when I hear "clip". But I spent many years being indoctrinated into a certain way of thinking.
View attachment 6502

Attachments

• 220px-Stripperclip1.jpg
    220px-Stripperclip1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom