Bekker's Twisted Mirror: GWENT Off-Topic

+
Please please please keep the breast physics to a minimum...they lead to nothing but endless costume packs and beach volleyball. I do not feel like reliving the nightmare.

Prepare the excessive festive magnification device!
festive mag.glass.jpg

I'm still amazed that the launch trailer of The Witcher 3 is actually a 'sequel' of the B&W DLC.
Equally amazing that you can find Homecoming in Johnny's artwork if you look closely.

Looks like the spiders are preparing for an invasion. I for one welcome our new arachnid overlords.

Hahahaha! I've seen something like that once in real life. I guess it's a survival mechanism for lots of different spiders. One huge net of web is pretty clever! Others can use their silk as a parachute, catch the wind, and travel to far distant parts to avoid overpopulating. The ones we had in NY (white things about the size of your thumbnail) often drop from ceilings onto your head, as they cling to hair and fur until the animal travels away, then drop off when they think they've gone far enough. Getting them out is hard. They bear-hug a clump of your hair. :p

they cling to hair and fur until the animal travels away, then drop off when they think they've gone far enough. Getting them out is hard.
Sounds similar to these extremely annoying, though harmless creatures:
hirvikarpanen.jpg

Except these live in forests rather than indoors. :p

Sounds similar to these extremely annoying, though harmless creatures:
View attachment 10988281
Except these live in forests rather than indoors. :p

What is that? It's not a flea...not a tick...

Spiders are disturbingly clever. Good thing they're so small, otherwise we'd be in serious trouble.

There's a lot of evidence that "humans" were once hunted by spiders and snakes, which is why it's so common for them to result in phobias. It would have been when "humans" were still rodent things, like weasels:

There are even spiders that can make a bubble to be able to swim and breath underwater! Yes, sea, land and air, you are safe nowhere.

I love these guys! My belief is that, for evolution to kick in, it still requires a single organism to go, "Wait a minute...what if I...?" Some spider, somewhere, had to have purposefully tried it for the first time -- or at the very least recognized the fact that it could breath and intentionally tried to figure out what had happened.

What is that? It's not a flea...not a tick...
"Deer ked", apparently. Lipoptena cervi: Wiki.

They're super common here, in late summer and autumn. If you're going to go mushroom or berry picking in the forest in August, you're likely to return home with one or more of these.

There's a lot of evidence that "humans" were once hunted by spiders and snakes, which is why it's so common for them to result in phobias. It would have been when "humans" were still rodent things, like weasels:

Eh, that doesn't ring true to me. Rodents were hunted by all sorts of beasties but very few of them elicit the same response from humans that spiders do. I think it has something to do with the fact that spiders look so different from us. You can relate to a mammal, it has 2 eyes, a nose, 4 limbs just like we do but spiders and other invertebrates look too unfamiliar, too alien and that unsettles us.

When discussing phobias, it's essential to mention hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (fear of long words).

In general, I think it could be interesting to know the (psychological) cause for phobias such as trichophobia (fear of hair), erythrophobia (fear of blushing), or logophobia (fear of words).

Something like a fear of heights, spiders, or water is easier to understand, since it's obvious that, and how, those things can be dangerous.

Top Bottom