Benchmark/demo petition before game launching

+
Benchmark/demo petition before game launching

Well, I think it would be fine that, a few days/weeks before game launching, CDPROJEKT release a free benchmark and short playable demo of Wild Hunt.
PC players are so tired of unfinished games launched without optimization...Battlefield 4, watch dogs, even titanfall with source engine and no triple buffer option and frame drops!!
We, gamers, should not buy these companies's games. We, gamers, understand that it is highly difficult to release a game that runs 100% fine at most of pcs without a few post launch patches...but there is a difference between that and technical crap , totally broken games like those ones (and much more)
A company that believe in their own work should launch a benchmark/demo prior to launch. And I think CDPROJEKT is a serious studio.
So, sign this petition if you want to see a demo benchmark of final game before game launching.

PS: My english is bad, as you can see, but I hope you can understand this post :)

But... we're talking about CDPR here not Ubisoft, not EA/DICE. Unfinished, unoptimized game is something I for one am least likely worried about in this case.
Regarding a playable demo I don't see it happening, but a benchmark would be nice.

A benchmark tool would be really neat, especially if it was available before release and without needing a purchase (not that it matters to me).

I suspect that the large majority of PC gamers will not be able to run the game at max graphics with stable FPS, so people will have to tweak settings around to be able to get the perfect settings for system/preference. In open world games it can be really hard to figure out if the graphic settings picked offer stable FPS, and a benchmark tool helps immensely in that regard.

Optimization is a huge issue these days when games that look like they can run on a toaster almost fry your system and other games that look like you could barely run them, surprise you with solid 60fps. I'd always prefer a demo/benchmark to see if the game keeps it's promises or runs like the requirements indicate nowadays.

That said, TW1&2 run exactly as they should and I trust CDPR to stay on the righteous path with TW3, unlike other companies that strayed far into the depths of "they'll buy it anyway lol".

I would love a benchmark tool, TW3 seems to be one of those games that will need powerful hardware and knowing what to expect would be very welcome.

Yeah a benchmark tool (before release) would be great, so that people like me will know if and how it runs on their PC.

I'm just worried that, when the game releases, there could be some upcoming new hardware in the next few month, which would make me have to wait until then to proper upgrade my PC.

Last edited:
But... we're talking about CDPR here not Ubisoft, not EA/DICE. Unfinished, unoptimized game is something I for one am least likely worried about in this case.
Regarding a playable demo I don't see it happening, but a benchmark would be nice.
You're a born optimist and a fanboy, sorry. :p

Neither Witcher 1 nor Witcher 2 were bug-free or very well optimized at release. I think you should doff your rose-colored glasses. It's not always constructive to be a fanboy (though we all here are more or less). There is a reason why there were Enhanced Editions for both of them. That wasn't only to include some new stuff, it was very much about making the basic game better in many aspects, especially technical aspects... ;)

Witcher 3 will be an open-world game which tries to offer some of the best visuals ever done. It would be a miracle if the game would run without major and minor bugs, performance problems and other icky stuff at release. That's just a reality of game development, especially in the (open world) RPG genre which is imo one of the most difficult and complex genres you could possibly think of (both technically and contentwise). Witcher 3 WILL almost certainly have issues. I don't hope for many but I'm a realist so I don't expect it to be perfectly optimized for every PC out there and completely bug and issue free.... ;)

Last edited:
OP has a perfectly valid point. Yes, it's CDPR we're talking about but the last two games at launch were in need of patching, and this game looks like it's capable of melting my future desktop right through the floor. If we're willing to drop money on a pre-order almost a year out, they can reciprocate by letting us know what we're in for by releasing a benchmark early.

I would like this, too. Both TW1 and TW2 had performance issues on release (insanely long TW1 loading screens come to mind, shudder). While I obviously love these games, and the issues got fixed eventually, the optimisation dance is not something I'd want to go through again.

Both would be nice - a demo to see if the gameplay is any good, and a benchmark to see if I will be able to run it properly.

A demo will never show you how stable/buggy/optimised the final product is going to be though. That's what reviews are for.

Releasing a demo is too dangerous compared to potential benefits for the developer. Most of the people will not treat it as a tech benchmark but actual representation of the whole game and they will project their feelings about the demo on to the game itself.

Case in point - Bulletstorm. One of the best FPS games that happened in last years, buried by poor choice of demo material.

Top Bottom