Benchmark/demo petition before game launching

+
They could just let people play the first 10 mins as a demo - if they pre-ordered. That way that 100GB download won't be all for nothing :)

No, not even 10 minutes. You cannot release any part of the game without completing all of the product work on that part. Might as well ask da Vinci for a demo table glass from the Last Supper.

No, not even 10 minutes. You cannot release any part of the game without completing all of the product work on that part. Might as well ask da Vinci for a demo table glass from the Last Supper.

I know. But they'll be done with the game weeks before release.

Releasing a demo, even a short one, weeks before releasing the full game wouldn't benefit them at all. All that hype would be wasted. So I wouldn't expect that.

Engineering won't be done with the game until it goes to gold master. And ancillary work (packaging, processing wholesale orders, etc.) won't be done until packaged disks go out the door. All of this is also work that would have to be done and duplicated to release a public demo. And if this community gives it anything like the reception they gave the Game Awards presentation, it will all be counterproductive, because they'll have to spend additional time and money to deal with the FUD spreaders who crawled out from under their rocks to proclaim how they were all critically and morally superior.

Last edited:
Engineering won't be done with the game until it goes to gold master. And ancillary work (packaging, processing wholesale orders, etc.) won't be done until packaged disks go out the door. All of this is also work that would have to be done and duplicated to release a public demo. And if this community gives it anything like the reception they gave the Game Awards presentation, it will all be counterproductive, because they'll have to spend additional time and money to deal with the FUD spreaders who crawled out from under their rocks to proclaim how they were all critically and morally superior.

Exactly my thoughts. But regardless of the work on physical copies, given the sheer magnitude of the game, anything that demo has to offer is prejudice and "empty calories". Releasing anything but a full game would be a mistake from financial/marketing perspective.
I believe CDPR will deliver a magnificent game, I trust them on that, but demo wouldn't help in any way. To the contrary, I think it would spoil the first impression.

But... we're talking about CDPR here not Ubisoft, not EA/DICE. Unfinished, unoptimized game is something I for one am least likely worried about in this case.
Ahem, ok. I guess that's the reason why CDPR needed an Enhanced Version for both of their Witcher games to finally deliver a quite bug free and optimized game. Especially Witcher 2 was far from being perfectly bug free and also not all that well running on quite a lof of PC systems...

But anyway, no demos or benchmarks needed. Just don't preorder the game, guys, if you're not sure whether your PC will be able to run it properly. Wait for professional benchmarks and reviews shortly after release and you'll get your answer.

Would be interesting to see a RedEngine 3 benchmark tool. Doesn't have to be Witcher content necessarily

Sooo since TW3 Demo is not gonna happen (most likely) we wish now for a CP2077 DEMO ???? Or what you might want to say with this?

:D :D :D

a demo is a stupid idea for all the reason explained above, they alredy had to dealy the game TWO times, and by a grand total of 8, EIGHT months,now. nd this, i think , only to mantain the standards they showed in the early trailers ( i hope to God ) we don't need any further weightload on them beofre release, i even given up on the notion of having the 16 dlc planned for launch after the first delayed release date that by logic sohuld have been implemented at launch in the new second dealyed launch, but not if will couse problems like i was told it would. so a demo? no.

on the other heand abenchmark tool would really awesome. not necessairly before release but if is implemented even after as an ingame option, like what we have in shadow of mordo for example it would be reaaally good and i hope it happens at some point

You want the crumbs from the cake or the cake itself?

^ That's one big fucking hand.

Anyway, I don't want a demo or benchmark thingy beforehand, but I would appreciate a benchmark test included with the game like in the Batman Arkham games. It's a nice way of testing your FPS before starting the game. Not mandatory though.

a demo is a stupid idea for all the reason explained above, they alredy had to dealy the game TWO times
I don't know much about pc programming and this stuff, but there is already released gameplay.

If there would be demo, I would be glad just for few minutes .. one tiny finished location - no quests, just one beast, few NPCs. Nothing more. I am not sure if they can rip this, but it would be nice. Just to try PC and see how will that look like.
For now, I don't think there will be a demoversion, but I would be glad for that.

I wouldnt bother with beta or demo, I rarely watch the videos as well...

I believe it goes really good with pre-orders... I check vgchartz and for USA ONLY preorders... PC version bypass xbox 1 console! Its rare to see that, I am sure its because the drm free thing... That is why I will also buy it.

If they had a drm, I would prefer a demo or beta of it... hahahaha than the actual game.

Yes, me too . But only if the benchmark are in final product ,so you can see your PC perfomance and best settings. As for demo -no , no need. All the demo`s ive seen for so far leaves bad aftertaste. Its like you give a waterdrop to thirsty man in desert instead of giving him the water. But i will be pleasured to see new videos and other materials after New Year eve`s.

Normally the games with benchmarks, are not playable... Crysis was used only for benchmarks... Metro game was extremely heavy, so many used it only for benchmarks.

I would prefer the game to be ultra light like dragon age 3 without bnchmrk, rather than a rock with a benchmark. All in all in my experience, games with heavy engines and graphics, are used for benchmarks and most of them, nobody play them.

Why. Capcom games got the benchmarks and was still playable. Resident Evil 5-6, Devil May Cry. I am sure i played another games with benchmarks with good quality. As for Dragon age 3 i wouldn`t say its light. Thanks to Denuvo absolutely not.
All in all in my experience, games with heavy engines and graphics, are used for benchmarks and most of them, nobody play them.
Dont joke, everybody plays them, at least one time. Crysis, Titanfall, Bioshock ,CoD Advanced Warfare , Assassins Creed -we all played and enjoyed them.

I'm sure it'll be fine, seeing that Metro:LL sold stupidly well and the franchise is praised as one of the best recent shooters. Not to mention that TW2 is one of the most demanding games out there to this day :)

Anyway, to get back on topic, I don't expect anything more than a simple announcement of the system requirements, wouldn't hold my breath for a demo or benchmark, honestly.

Top Bottom