Benchmark/demo petition before game launching

+
Well anouncment is usually is a month before releas isn`t it. Then we should wait till april. I hope the guys with weak dualcore and 4Gb RAM machines will be able to play it too(at least on minimum settings), but as history tells i better earn money for at least quadcore upgrade.

While the demo part is trully a problem because of the media ....mmm how can i say this without problems again, let's call it, "love for suitcases with money", where they will give a bump or bury a game depending on "the suitcase size", or even some of their nationalism and love for their games. We saw a Witcher 2 working well with amazing graphics and a skyrim with mediocre graphics all bugged literally unplayable in some points, but skyrim got 9.7 and the witcher 2 bellow 9 in release, this examples goes on and on until now with IGN saying a game was wrong in some point (famous joke) too much water on it.

In other hands. real gamers and most people notice this "media incoherences" when some game is good, and developers wouldn't care about that scores as much people scores and sales. But fear is reasonable.

Benchmark is something good, no reason to not get one.

I agree. I just saw the specs and i hit the bare minimum. It would be great to have a demo (a prologue playthrough.. or even just an arena fight to test out gameplay mechanics for performance).

I dont have the money to upgrade my PC right now... so if this game wont work on my PC, i'd like to know ahead so i can start saving money :)

Hm.... press guys are getting their dirty hands on TW3 5 months before release....
We re sitting here waiting for the game.... patiently (more or less)

Is it just me or is the wish for a DEMO / BENCHMARK urgent neow? :hai:

A benchmark tool would be nice, but it would divert resources from finishing the game. I would prefer the development team to spend the last few months on refining the game and the finishing touches rather than on a benchmarking tool. Given how high profile W3 is, I'm sure a bunch of gaming sites will release benchmarks before or just after the game's release.

About a demo, that would be nice too but I don't see that happening. It's interesting to see how over the last 15 years in PC gaming, demos have nearly died out on AAA titles. In the old days just about every major game would release demos. In recent times though, Mass Effect 3 is the only major game I remember that released a demo. I don't understand software but I'm wondering if it's because game engines have become so complex that separating a game-play segment from the rest of the game into a demo is nearly impossible.

A benchmark tool would be nice, but it would divert resources from finishing the game. I would prefer the development team to spend the last few months on refining the game and the finishing touches rather than on a benchmarking tool. Given how high profile W3 is, I'm sure a bunch of gaming sites will release benchmarks before or just after the game's release.

About a demo, that would be nice too but I don't see that happening. It's interesting to see how over the last 15 years in PC gaming, demos have nearly died out on AAA titles. In the old days just about every major game would release demos. In recent times though, Mass Effect 3 is the only major game I remember that released a demo. I don't understand software but I'm wondering if it's because game engines have become so complex that separating a game-play segment from the rest of the game into a demo is nearly impossible.

I agree! ME3 was the last game i played that had a demo ahead of its release. I dont know software either, but since the game was given another 3-month delay, which was reportedly solely for "bug stomping", releasing a demo at this point shouldn't be such a heavy task.

demo, they must do it right now)) but i guess if they did it, this will be demo from preview on E3)) it is not soo interesting

demo, they must do it right now)) but i guess if they did it, this will be demo from preview on E3)) it is not soo interesting

Demo would be awesome but honestly a benchmark is all i would really love. I want to prepare my PC which is now using a 7870, and since thats a minimum, i want to know how much performance i can get out of it. I mean, 7870 is a recommended for GTA V and a min for Witcher 3. Lol i'm wondering how much longer my 7870 can survive.

Demo would be awesome but honestly a benchmark is all i would really love. I want to prepare my PC which is now using a 7870, and since thats a minimum, i want to know how much performance i can get out of it. I mean, 7870 is a recommended for GTA V and a min for Witcher 3. Lol i'm wondering how much longer my 7870 can survive.

As for me cool graphic is second thing, the most important is interesting game story with intrigue and side quests also with gameplay possibilites such as using horses, magic, stels, interactive world things, minigames or something like this.... If CDPR can't connect and fill big open world with interesting story and side quests and other cool thing... it will be like Skyrim-SHIT with cool graphic ))

I really don't see the need for either.

A benchmark won't change anything, we have system requirements, plus just check online a few hours after release and you'll know how your PC will perform.

It would be just a waste of time that could go into optimizing the game, after all they delayed the game, so I guess they still have stuff to do.

Demanding, demanding demanding :popo:

Last edited:
I would like a benchmark in the game options. Did W2 have one? I want to tweak my graphics options before starting the game so i can enjoy the story.

I would like a benchmark in the game options. Did W2 have one? I want to tweak my graphics options before starting the game so i can enjoy the story.

W2 did not. It makes a guess (which may not be a good one) at settings and starts with these. While a benchmark would be nice to have, it's most unlikely to happen given the present schedule and the need to finish game content.

W2 did not. It makes a guess (which may not be a good one) at settings and starts with these. While a benchmark would be nice to have, it's most unlikely to happen given the present schedule and the need to finish game content.

Given how the game is looking currently I expect it to perform well even on systems far below the minimum like past titles.

I really don't see the need for either.

Helps get some real-world metrics as to performance, say if you want to know what difference a certain hardware upgrade has made.

Because programming a camera to twirl around through a scene takes lots of time?

I'm not sure time is the issue, or one would exist for Witcher 2 by now.

Helps get some real-world metrics as to performance, say if you want to know what difference a certain hardware upgrade has made.

Because programming a camera to twirl around through a scene takes lots of time?

I'm not sure time is the issue, or one would exist for Witcher 2 by now.

It's never only time. Time is money. Literally, and exactly. If you can't show how spending company time will earn the company more revenue, or solve a problem that must be solved to keep selling a product, it doesn't get done.

Even if you think the time to twirl a camera through a scene is minimal, releasing any product or part of a product based on that takes many times longer than what you say it does.

It's never only time. Time is money. Literally, and exactly. If you can't show how spending company time will earn the company more revenue, or solve a problem that must be solved to keep selling a product, it doesn't get done.

Even if you think the time to twirl a camera through a scene is minimal, releasing any product or part of a product based on that takes many times longer than what you say it does.

So why does any company release benchmark tools for their games, are they all just silly?

Top Bottom